Plea for protection of girl in Phang Nga gang-rape case

webfact

Plea for protection of girl in gang-rape case

By THE NATION

4f96284e6e858043b35dc809619ce37d.jpg

THE FAMILY of a 15-year-old girl who was allegedly raped by more than 40 perpetrators on different occasions in Phang Nga’s Takua Thung district has reportedly faced harassment and threats from members of the local community.

The Muslims for Peace Foundation, which has stepped in to aid the family, urged authorities to extend their full protection to the teenage victim and her family as foundation representative Chanon Abdullah yesterday said the girl’s 39-year-old mother had been confronted by angry villagers near the safe house where the family was staying.

The mother, accompanied by Chanon, filed a complaint with the Kok Kloi Police Station over the alleged sexual attacks, which reportedly took place between May and December last year. The girl’s parents are rubber tappers who work at night, forcing them to leave her alone at the time when the attacks reportedly took place. 

84e1d751ec6c2aed1d24a93363235405.jpg

The complaint states that the girl was first raped by an assailant at her home, then subsequently forced to go to huts in the area where she was drugged and gang raped by multiple perpetrators.

Arrest warrants have been issued for the first three suspects named by the victim and prosecutors indicted them on August 21 but they were released on bail. Chanon said his foundation was gathering evidence to present to the court seeking to cancel the suspects’ bail release as soon as possible. The court is due to hear witness testimony in November. 

After the girl’s condition had improved following the relocation of her family, she was suffering additional emotional distress after villagers allegedly scolded her for ruining the village’s reputation, Chanon said. 

He added that the family had faced hostility while staying at their previous home and villagers had thrown bricks on to the roof of the house. 

c235cac0bce0c92107cec5e9c422cd92.jpg

A house that a 15-year-old rape victim used to stay in Phang Nga province is now empty as the family has been relocated to a safe house following alleged harassment by local community people. Villagers claimed the allegation implicating more that 40 men there ruined the village's reputation.

“What is most worrying is there are attempts to stir up pressure against the family on Thai social media,” he said. “When the villagers called for justice [over the alleged ruin of the village’s reputation], why don’t they think of protecting the girl? What about justice for the victim?” 

Channon added that the alleged perpetrators included both young and older people, while the girl’s family was underprivileged. Her mother had the girl while in a previous relationship before marrying a local rubber-tapper in Takua Thung district.

The Social Development and Human Security Ministry has dispatched a team of psychiatrists to provide assistance to the girl while officials also interviewed the girl’s mother and staff at the Phang Nga public prosecutor’s office yesterday morning. 

The interviews were part of the investigation to determine if the case could constitute human trafficking, as the victim has said that she saw other girls being raped. 

The girl’s mother said she had been reassured when the previous investigators, who had failed to collect evidence in the case, were replaced by a new investigative team. However, she said she was still worried that some of the 40 alleged perpetrators might harm her daughter. 

A journalist who visited the village reported that all seemed quiet, but none of male residents wanted to comment on the case. One of the victim’s former neighbours, an unidentified woman who has a daughter, briefly said the case had made her feel unsafe and frightened.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30325899

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-06

Amazing Thailand indeed! This young girl is a victim here and the backwards thinking of the locals is to blame her. 

Yet again Thainess in all its glory. 

No wonder kids are messed up with this kind of thing happening so frequently. Find the 40 sumbags and cut off their bits. 

But as we know this will be a long drawn out case until it sadly forgotten about.

Poor girl.

Edited by LotusBoy

"A house that a 15-year-old rape victim used to stay in Phang Nga province is now empty as the family has been relocated to a safe house following alleged harassment by local community people. Villagers claimed the allegation implicating more that 40 men there ruined the village's reputation."

Wow, what a twisted logic. If this crime was committed, it wasn't the men who ruined the village's reputation, but the young girl for reporting it.

If her allegations are correct, a decent community would want these animals off the streets.

2 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

Amazing Thailand indeed! This young girl is a victim here and the backwards thinking of the locals is to blame her. 

No wonder kids are messed up with this kind of thing happening so frequently. Find the 40 sumbags and cut off their bits. 

But as we know this will be a long drawn out case until it sadly forgotten about.

Poor girl.

Only in Thailand????

Time to grow up and get informed a little bit.

For example, in Muslim countries where the rape victim a stoned for adultery.

2 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

Poor girl.

26 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Only in Thailand????

And perhaps study the 'Rochdale Grooming Case' and others in UK, which have a lot of similarities to this dreadful business.

This is certainly not 'Thailand in all its glory'. (An unfortunate choice of words if I may say so!)

And did you read another thread yesterday about "Only 13 % of rape cases are prosecuted in Thailand"???

Too much attention given to buying 'submarines' and tanks........ Not enough attention given to "Human Rights"..........

I certainly 'pity' this young girl (and family)............. although she is just the 'tip of the iceberg'........Here, India, and soooo many muslim countries..........

So they had to swap out the investigators - Hence the reason for the 13 %

& like that has been said they are more worried about the village reputation (obviously not good in the first place ) save face - Don't these people have kids ? what would they do if it was one of there's ( must have been also since it was mentioned other girls were drugged ), just one big disgrace as all were turning a blind eye & the girls parents were the only ones to stand up

30 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

So they had to swap out the investigators - Hence the reason for the 13 %

& like that has been said they are more worried about the village reputation (obviously not good in the first place ) save face - Don't these people have kids ? what would they do if it was one of there's ( must have been also since it was mentioned other girls were drugged ), just one big disgrace as all were turning a blind eye & the girls parents were the only ones to stand up

Bear in mind that it is normally only the male population (in this MALE dominated society) that talk and count, so consider those 40 guys were probably the ones yelling the loudest about the 'village reputation' being ruined by the girl and her mom........

Edited to add --- It was probably the Head-man and his sons who were in the 40

Edited by sawadeeken
to add a line

How about Amazing Muslim Village in Thailand. I thought Muslims were a minority in

this country, and this is how this girl and her famiy are being treated. Disgusting!

Oh and yes I believe she was raped by these 40 animals who should all have their

n*ts cut off with dull knives.

Geezer

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

How about Amazing Muslim Village in Thailand. I thought Muslims were a minority in

this country, and this is how this girl and her famiy are being treated. Disgusting!

Oh and yes I believe she was raped by these 40 animals who should all have their

Geezer

I'm with you............ and yes there are many areas and villages in the south of Thailand that are all or 'majority' muslim.....(I never capitalize that),,,,,,,,,,

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Only in Thailand????

Or in England where many girls were raped by muslims serial wise and the police did nothing to stop it and tried everything to cover it up.

Or in Germany where muslims tend to harass women on a grand scale while the authorities do try to cover up all, several times.

So nothing new, common: Islam.

Perhaps the villagers should turn their attention on the 40 scumbags .This may show the public that they are not going to tolerate this criminal element in their village.

Anyone harassing this girl should be locked up along with the scumbags the whole village if necessary. 

Guest Jerry787

investigation shall follow its course, of course if a proper investigation its conducted, without covering anyone.

rape its a horrible crime, mass rape against a 15yrs old girl its even worst, much brutality against who cant defend her/himself !

its time the PM issue a new law , with lengthy over 20 years jail sentences without parole for such people, only then we may see a real rape numbers drop.

3 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Only in Thailand????

Since I live in Thailand and this is Thai Visa, work it out.

But not bad, not heard one of these in awhile, Ohhhh happens everywhere. Boring Boring Boring...............:smile:

My comment was about this story and this poor girl.

Edited by LotusBoy

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Only in Thailand????

Agree with you 

And recent stories of USA colleges protecting their image by suppressing known rapes. And don't get me started on the  catholic bishops and priests and boy sex cover ups. 

Why do some guys hate Thailand so much?? Is hate a comfortable feeling for you or you enjoy living in a place you hate?  Hating groups of people however you classify them is not productive.  Peace ?

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

I can't see in any of those reports in this forum that any of those accused men admitted a crime. As long there are no facts which give a proof these rapes happened in the way the girl described everything is open.

Or are there more information I missed?

I can't see in any of those reports in this forum that any of those accused men admitted a crime. As long there are no facts which give a proof these rapes happened in the way the girl described everything is open.

“After the investigation of the three men, police found that they later, invited other men from the same village to repeatedly rape the girl. She was also brought out of the house by the same group of men and the number of rapists increased. They confessed that they did it 6 times and the most number of men raping her at the same night was 11 people while other nights were about 5-7 men.”

Which part of "confessed " are you not understanding and why are you consistently trying to somehow insinuate that the girl is responsible. She is underage. There are no excuses for them. They are sick and so is anyone trying to defend them directly or indirectly as you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

“After the investigation of the three men, police found that they later, invited other men from the same village to repeatedly rape the girl. She was also brought out of the house by the same group of men and the number of rapists increased. They confessed that they did it 6 times and the most number of men raping her at the same night was 11 people while other nights were about 5-7 men.”

Which part of "confessed " are you not understanding and why are you consistently trying to somehow insinuate that the girl is responsible. She is underage. There are no excuses for them. They are sick and so is anyone trying to defend them directly or indirectly as you are.

You are very offending actually.

If you would have watched and listen (!) to THAI TV this morning you would have seen that there are a lot of question marks.  I advice you not listen only to one voice

If you would have watched and listen (!) to THAI TV this morning you would have seen that there are a lot of question marks.  I advice you not listen only to one voice

You're defending peados and I'm offending? There are a lot of question marks for sure.

10 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

The 'Majority Male' voices in Thailand like there to be a lot of Question Marks when Males are accused of molesting and/or raping women......... That helps justify the 13% rape conviction rate in Thailand........

Is that a 'HINT' you can pick up on???????????????????????????????????????????????????

again..... Lots of question marks.............. LOL...................

54 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

The 'Majority Male' voices in Thailand like there to be a lot of Question Marks when Males are accused of molesting and/or raping women......... That helps justify the 13% rape conviction rate in Thailand........

Is that a 'HINT' you can pick up on???????????????????????????????????????????????????

again..... Lots of question marks.............. LOL...................

why you are such a blockhead? Mental issues?

On 9/6/2017 at 3:52 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Why will you not accept the fact you are wrong?

It has been reported at least 3 of the accused men have admitted their guilt, now if i saw that, surely lots of others including you could see it.