Japanese national stopped at airport with two foxes in his luggage

rooster59

Japanese national stopped at airport with two foxes in his luggage

Japanese.PNG

Image: MCOT TV

Police at Suvarnabhumi airport arrested a Japanese man yesterday after finding something suspicious in his luggage.

Officials at X-ray noticed some live creatures among his clothes.

They turned out to be two foxes.

The man - who was not named in the MCOT TV story - said he had brought the animals legally into Thailand.

But he had no evidence to prove this or documents to export the animals so he was arrested and the foxes were taken away.

He also had four kangaroo rats with him though whether these, too, were claimed to have been imported was not made clear. Kangaroo rats are native to western North America.

Further investigations are being made.

Source: MCOT TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-09

4 Kangaroo ratsI thought they would have been Australian and protected and if they were red fox from Australia they are a pest species so not protected. Would be good if they said where he had flown in from and what happened to the 4 Kangaroo rats Hmmmm !

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

4 Kangaroo ratsI thought they would have been Australian and protected and if they were red fox from Australia they are a pest species so not protected. Would be good if they said where he had flown in from and what happened to the 4 Kangaroo rats Hmmmm !

Despite the name, the Kangaroo rats are from North America.

38 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

MEMO:  to Japanese tourist.

When removing foxes from Thailand remember:

1 Always pay the bar fine

2. Confirm they have valid visas and passports.

images.jpg

He was importing the foxes into Thailand,looks like they let him keep the rats,

regards worgeordie

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

He was importing the foxes into Thailand,looks like they let him keep the rats,

regards worgeordie

I cannot understand why anyone would want to import rats into Thailand. There are enough here already and many are on two legs walking in an erect manner! :biggrin: It's possible some have delusions of grandeur and maybe want to control the country? :whistling:  Just wondering.............

Edited by lvr181
Comment Variation

5 hours ago, tracker1 said:

PLEASE can this bastard do a long time in a Thai Jail. The penalties are not high enough for this crime and soon we just won't have these animals to show our children except in pictures and I don't want to be the one who has to answer the question from them....."where did they all go Daddy" I don't know about you???

PLEASE can this bastard do a long time in a Thai Jail. The penalties are not high enough for this crime and soon we just won't have these animals to show our children except in pictures and I don't want to be the one who has to answer the question from them....."where did they all go Daddy" I don't know about you???

5 hours ago, tracker1 said:

And where are they now?

American not Australian.

images (24).jpg

43 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

When was the last time YOU saw a Red Fox, a Kangaroo rat or a Polar Bear in real life?

2 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Let me help, in your quest for good parenting....

"where did they go dad?"

"Thailand son, you can go look at them, and other furry critters, when you turn 18"

best dad ever!!!