Quest continues for details of Yingluck’s escape

webfact

Quest continues for details of Yingluck’s escape 

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Further information has to be sought about who facilitated Yingluck Shinawatra’s escape from justice and how many people assisted her, the National Security Council’s secretary-general General Thaweep Netniyom said on Tuesday.

It is highly likely that the fugitive former prime minister fled Thailand via the border in the Eastern province of Sa Kaew, he added.

However, Thaweep did not spell out which channel Yingluck used or exactly how she fled from the Kingdom. 

He said Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan might provide a press briefing to update information on Yingluck’s escape, but it was not yet certain when that would be.

“We have to find concrete evidence before presenting anything,” he added.

Yingluck disappeared shortly before the verdict in the case against her regarding her government’s rice-pledging scheme was due to be read on August 25.

CCTV records obtained by the authorities suggest that she escaped from Thailand in a car crossing from Sa Kaew into neighbouring Cambodia. 

The verdict in her case – in which it is alleged that her negligence led to multi-billion-baht damages caused by the rice-pledging scheme – is set to be read on September 27, whether or not she is present in court.

While some political observers have suggested that Yingluck might make a move again at that time, Thaweep said the authorities had no confirmed reports to indicate that.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30326487

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-12

9 minutes ago, maeab101 said:

Where is she?

Good question. It is odd that despite lots of serious effort, the authorities have come up totally empty handed for any evidence whatsoever on how she got away. I have become suspicious lately, that maybe the reason they aren't finding any evidence, is that she hasn't actually gone and is still somewhere in hiding, ready to pop up on the 27th, depending on how the verdict goes. That would be much simpler than crossing, potentially multiple borders undetected, and leave less evidence.

Edited by darksidedog

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Good question. It is odd that despite lots of serious effort, the authorities have come up totally empty handed for any evidence whatsoever on how she got away. I have become suspicious lately, that maybe the reason they aren't finding any evidence, is that she hasn't actually gone and is still somewhere in hiding, ready to pop up on the 27th, depending on how the verdict goes. That would be much simpler than crossing, potentially multiple borders undetected, and leave less evidence.

I agree.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It is odd that despite lots of serious effort, the authorities have come up totally empty handed for any evidence whatsoever on how she got away.

Or they are doing very well in their effort to NOT find any evidences :whistling:

1 hour ago, Godang said:

She is keeping very low profile so is Thaksin. Maybe still in Thailand or exterminated under orders fro Prayuth..

exterminated under orders fro Prayuth..

Not a chance in hell that one would put him in certain courts for sure and end the future of the greens

Just give it time and all will be reveled unless it becomes another Mystery?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

CCTV records obtained by the authorities suggest that she escaped from Thailand in a car crossing from Sa Kaew into neighbouring Cambodia. 

Why Cambodia ?   Isn't Laos just as easy to slip in and out of ?

The great charade goes on.  The acting has been pretty good.  Bravo to the establishment. 

12 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Why Cambodia ?   Isn't Laos just as easy to slip in and out of ?

The great charade goes on.  The acting has been pretty good.  Bravo to the establishment. 

Na, men in black visit there and take people away so I read on here a week or two ago so probably not the way to go.

2 hours ago, Godang said:

She is keeping very low profile so is Thaksin. Maybe still in Thailand or exterminated under orders fro Prayuth..

Are you familiar with the Thai laws relating to libel and defamation - and the swingeing penalties?

I reckon that she is out of the country but waiting for the verdict to be announced on the 27th, if the judges give her a massive jail term then she can pop up and tell her supporters that she knew what was coming and that she is better serving her supporters from afar as opposed to a jail cell. Just my 2 penneth worth.

2 hours ago, neeray said:
2 hours ago, wealthychef said:

LOL I laughed so hard milk squirted out my nose.  Are you new here?  Words fail me.   

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Good one. Now you made me laugh. 

Thanks, I needed that. 

The funny thing about it is, I wasn't even drinking milk!  

14 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I reckon that she is out of the country but waiting for the verdict to be announced on the 27th, if the judges give her a massive jail term then she can pop up and tell her supporters that she knew what was coming and that she is better serving her supporters from afar as opposed to a jail cell. Just my 2 penneth worth.

No she is Probably dead!