Social media feels sick as "jingjok" turns up in Pattaya street snack

rooster59

Social media feels sick as "jingjok" turns up in Pattaya street snack

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GOy8ihsHkGKOuhkb9X.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Netizens reeled in revulsion after someone posted a picture of what they found in a popular snack in the Ang Sila market in Pattaya.

Barbecued to a turn inside some Jaeng Lon (grilled Thai fish cake skewers) was a whole jingjok.

"Aom Infinity" who posted pictures of the find didn't feel like eating anymore but added with a twinge of Thai irony on Facebook:

"Don't forget to chew well or the jingjok may get stuck in your throat".

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-30

Lonewolf99

that happened to me just the other day flipped up the lid and there was half a gecko the other half was all but disintegrated in the bottom of the electric kettle. And I thought it was just my cheap brand of instant coffee 555. what's the old saying what ever doesn't kill you make you stronger

This sounds like a PERFECT Thai explanation...just with soup...

=================================

"How come there's a dead lizard in my soup?” 

Waiter — “In fact, sir, I have no positive idea how the poor thing came to its death. Perhaps it had not taken any food for a long time, dashed upon the soup, ate too much of it, and contracted an inflammation of the stomach that brought on death. The lizard must have a very weak constitution, for when I served the soup it was dancing merrily on the surface. Perhaps — and the idea presents itself only at this moment — it endeavored to swallow too large a piece of vegetable; this, remaining fast in his throat, caused a choking in the windpipe. This is the only reason I could give for the death of this reptile.” 

Source: http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/waiter_theres_a_fly_in_my_soup

Edited by jaywalker

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

My cat always throws up after eating them so maybe not.

I've seen domestic cats go insane (cross-eyed, feral etc) from eating some types of lizards in Florida, now that you mention it.

We went to a restaurant on the beach outside Pattaya. Four adults ordered 3 G & Ts; my wife ordered a red wine.  The meal progressed; my wife drained her glass then spat it out as she discovered a dead lizard in it.

We called the manager; he was perplexed; it was a new bottle; how had it got there?  Generously he decreed we would not have to pay for the Chateau Jingjok.

Despite eating there regularly for years, we've never been back.  His generosity has cost him about 5000 baht a month during the last three years.