Intimidation allegedly made over Samsenwittayalai School bribery

rooster59

Intimidation allegedly made over Samsenwittayalai School bribery

Samsen_30sep17.jpg

People, including teachers, who provided information accusing the director of Sansenwittayalai School of demanding “tea money” from a parent in exchange for enrolling his child into the school, have been intimidated, said a former student of the school.

The alleged intimidation was revealed on Saturday (Sept 30) by Chana Wongmusik, an old student of Samsenwittayalai School, who three months ago broke the news accusing the school director of taking the bribe.

Mr Chana said the intimidation was made by those who were involved in the bribery scandal. These people had intimidated teachers and other persons who knew about the bribery and demanded an investigation into it.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/intimidation-allegedly-made-samsenwittayalai-school-bribery/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-30

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

However, the school director has not yet been transferred.

And was probably "not available for comment", which is the norm in these situations.

Ah but....

"The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) is in the process of gathering evidence."

I have left a note for my son to ask his grandson, to ensure he reads the report from the NACC when it is finished.

17 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

However, the school director has not yet been transferred.

And was probably "not available for comment", which is the norm in these situations.

You are just being culturally insensitive.  Everyone (Thai) has a right to protection against losing face. Lets see if it blows over first. 555

That is a wonderful school. 

There are only 36 seats for msep, 36 seats for scep , 120 seats for ep and about 120 seats for normal programme. The entrance test is one of the most difficult in the country. Each programme will have about 1000 applicants .

We are hoping for 1 of those seats. I understand that the rich want to buy their way in, but we are poor but clever. Every seat that they take away with money, is a seat that a very clever thai child will be deprived of. 

It's sad really. 

7 hours ago, greenchair said:

That is a wonderful school. 

There are only 36 seats for msep, 36 seats for scep , 120 seats for ep and about 120 seats for normal programme. The entrance test is one of the most difficult in the country. Each programme will have about 1000 applicants .

We are hoping for 1 of those seats. I understand that the rich want to buy their way in, but we are poor but clever. Every seat that they take away with money, is a seat that a very clever thai child will be deprived of. 

It's sad really. 

Yes, it sounds really wonderful. Certainly got me wondering.