my Name on utility bill

free123

Hello maybe someone can help.... how I can have my Name on the water / electricity Bill for our New house... my wife is houseowner paid by her Bank we are not officials married but we will live there together also will have residency report there.... i want my Name on the utility Bill.... she said not sure how to do AS we are not official married... only village family style.... is it that difficult... or if we make rental contract????  any idea... sorry my english

6 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

water bill yes 

electric No   taan bien baan, MUST be in ur name  which  as a farang cant be , so even if ur married no

Cable Yes

Internet yes

how i do waterbill?  and how to receive the yellow tabian baan ...i am on a one year multiply Entry a-o visa

thank u

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

And in some cases a foreigner's' name can be in a dark blue Tabien Baan book - mine is.

mine is as well on the last page  (page 18) but it needs be on the first page to get the electric in ur name

Tried it for my house

Yellow taam bien is not used for electric bill ( or so i was told)

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Unless the farang has Thai citizenship!

I have Thai Permanent Residency (coming soon 30 years). PR holders are recorded in the dark blue Tabien Baan book.

First name in our family Tabien Baan book is my adult Thai son, his name shows as the owner on the land title (chanut) document. Then me.

My name is second, purely because at the amphur office my son gave my documents after his, then his oldest daughter, all needed documents for these 3 people were available at the first visit to get the TB book started after my son bought his house and land.

Then a week or so later his wife's documents had arrived in the process of transferring her name from her original Tabien Baan book of her parents in another province. So quickly another visit to get son's wife in the new family TB book.

Then later, at birth, son's 2nd and then 3rd children were entered in the family TB book.

As per above, it's not entered or sorted into any mandatory 'pecking order'. 

Edited by scorecard

35 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I have Thai Permanent Residency (coming soon 30 years). PR holders are recorded in the dark blue Tabien Baan book.

First name in our family Tabien Baan book is my adult Thai son, his name shows as the owner on the land title (chanut) document. Then me.

My name is second, purely because at the amphur office my son gave my documents after his, then his oldest daughter, all needed documents for these 3 people were available at the first visit to get the TB book started after my son bought his house and land.

Then a week or so later his wife's documents had arrived in the process of transferring her name from her original Tabien Baan book of her parents in another province. So quickly another visit to get son's wife in the new family TB book.

Then later, at birth, son's 2nd and then 3rd children were entered in the family TB book.

As per above, it's not entered or sorted into any mandatory 'pecking order'. 

9 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

My point was that farang can be Thai citizens. I'm going to get it myself, no need for PR these days(if married to Thai), which is actually much more expensive, and more difficult in some ways.

On 15.10.2017 at 1:45 AM, alanrchase said:

My name is on the electricity bill. No yellow or blue book. Did it years ago. The payment comes out of my bank account so possibly the name on the bill must match the name on the bank account.

How did you manage this in the first place... ????

How did you manage this in the first place... ????

Went with my wife (she has the blue book) to the PEA and told them we wanted to pay the bill by bank debit. Filled out the paperwork with my name and bank account details. The bill they post to the house has my name on it.

On 17.10.2017 at 3:52 PM, alanrchase said:

Went with my wife (she has the blue book) to the PEA and told them we wanted to pay the bill by bank debit. Filled out the paperwork with my name and bank account details. The bill they post to the house has my name on it.

thank you i will try this way... similar for water bill???? 

On 10/15/2017 at 6:45 AM, alanrchase said:

My name is on the electricity bill. No yellow or blue book. Did it years ago. The payment comes out of my bank account so possibly the name on the bill must match the name on the bank account.

I doubt it. Anyone can set up a direct debit to pay an electric bill on behalf of someone else. If you are renting, it could be your name is on the electric bill your landlord gives you, but not on the official original bill.

What purpose does the OP want to do this for?

I cannot really see any advantage of it in his situation?

For most purposes of using a bill for proof of address, then most things are accepted, a mobile phone bill for example.

15 minutes ago, Mattd said:

For most purposes of using a bill for proof of address, then most things are accepted, a mobile phone bill for example.

Because you can't see the need that means nothing

To even get a Certificate of Residency one of the pieces of paper needed by Immigration is a utility bill of some sort,  most people get a Internet Cable Bill in their name and use that for everything else. Guess you don't remember the days when you had to bring in a utility bill to do your 90 day report.  And most people I know have a pre-paid mobile account which has no bill that you could show

As far as the difficulty it all depends upon where your are located and what the "status" of the house

Pattaya Water Authority will require an update of your company registration if the house is in a company name to get the water in your name period, no exceptions.  Good luck getting them to put it in your name if the house is in your wife's name 

Electric Company is much easier, they just want the form from your bank for auto debit so the name will be the same as on your bank account.  They don't much care,  since unlike the water company,  residential electric rates are the same,  water on the other hand has higher rate and minimum usage  for a house in a company name  

26 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Because you can't see the need that means nothing

To even get a Certificate of Residency one of the pieces of paper needed by Immigration is a utility bill of some sort,  most people get a Internet Cable Bill in their name and use that for everything else. Guess you don't remember the days when you had to bring in a utility bill to do your 90 day report.  And most people I know have a pre-paid mobile account which has no bill that you could show

As far as the difficulty it all depends upon where your are located and what the "status" of the house

Pattaya Water Authority will require an update of your company registration if the house is in a company name to get the water in your name period, no exceptions.  Good luck getting them to put it in your name if the house is in your wife's name 

Electric Company is much easier, they just want the form from your bank for auto debit so the name will be the same as on your bank account.  They don't much care,  since unlike the water company,  residential electric rates are the same,  water on the other hand has higher rate and minimum usage  for a house in a company name  

Immigration will issue a residency certificate using anything billed by a Thai company with your name and address on it, as I said, a mobile phone bill for example.

My point is more that there are easier bills to get in your own name than the normal utility bills, for a house these are nearly always get billed to the housemaster named on the Tabien Baan and it is not easy to change that.

Luckily I've have had a work permit for a lot of years, so for 90 day reports have never needed anything like this.

The electricity bill for the house has been on a direct debit with PEA Banglamung since 2000 (even before they actually did automated direct debits, PEA sent the bill directly to SCB, who opened it and then paid the bill from the account, used to have to go to SCB to get the bills!!) and is in my ex. wife's name, even though the account it comes out if is a joint account.

Edited by Mattd

I doubt it. Anyone can set up a direct debit to pay an electric bill on behalf of someone else. If you are renting, it could be your name is on the electric bill your landlord gives you, but not on the official original bill.

My name is on the bill that is posted to the house by the PEA. As far as I am aware they only post a bill to you if you pay by direct debit.

3 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

As far as I am aware they only post a bill to you if you pay by direct debit.

Actually they post the receipt to you, as the bill is already paid, you should still get the print out from the meter reader.

Actually they post the receipt to you, as the bill is already paid, you should still get the print out from the meter reader.

Yes, we get both. The posted bill is a receipt but is in the form of a bill. Units used, cost per unit, tax,etc.

On 20.10.2017 at 6:50 AM, Mattd said:

yes proove of adress