Have you seen these Russians? Phangan police and hotels want a word

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

That sure can be a pain, but had a friend of mine a few years ago lost his departure card. He went to Immigration with his passport and arrival date / flight number. They issued a replacement no ploblem..:smile:

I lost my departure card once: careless hotel receptionist and careless me.

At BKK, the girls at the bottom of the escalator on the way to security were handing out the forms willy nilly so I took one, filled in the departure part, waltzed up to immigration who took it without a word. No drama and no crisis but I was ready for a grilling that never came.

Make a note of the passport numbers. When they eventually try to leave, stop them, imprison them, simple. Young peoples money to live and enjoy themselves will run out and then they will want to get home - then you come down on them like a ton of bricks. Being stopped from leaving the country will really out the fear in them.

The passport scan on the Facebook is a page from Russian ID card. It is not a passport and does not contian any info about crossing the borders. The name is written in Russian letters there, while the passport has English transcript. It seems the guys have good chances to be untraced. 

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

As I did many stupid things at that age, I am quite tolerant of the younger folk.

At times, when we're becoming old gits, it can be too easy to forget what we got up to in our younger days. Of course, we didn't have CCTV, mobile phones or social media to show everybody how stupidly, irresponsibly or badly we were behaving. I'm sure that I would have made quite a few compilations. Having said that, I didn't go around acting maliciously and certainly never carried a knife or gun. Neither would I go around thieving for that matter.

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Every hotel I stay at makes a copy of my TM7 ( Arrival Card ), so the authorities must now know their identities. Just a matter of time.........

I just use my ID card, no need to carry the passport on my travels in Thailand with that.

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

As I did many stupid things at that age, I am quite tolerant of the younger folk.

However, if you are repeatedly skipping out on hotel bills and payment for meals in a foreign country, that is a different story.

These guys are sooooo stupid that they should be forced to wear a helmet 24/7 for self-protection.

Catch 'em, fine 'em, deport 'em.

Good riddance

Not so 'Bodoh' Samui.    Skipping like that hurts the little people who need the money.

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

You get to keep your arrival card ? Immigration always keep mine when I arrive !!

You are really Cornish. How are you going to leave without your departure card. Swimming might be a good idea if it helps you.

52 minutes ago, jobwolf said:

You are really Cornish. How are you going to leave without your departure card. Swimming might be a good idea if it helps you.

Always have my departure card, until I depart :)

Immigration keep my arrival card...

Yes, I am Cornish, well spotted !!

4 hours ago, thrilled said:

Believe me immigration,airports customs have their number.They could possibly try to sneak Accross the border.Their not to bright.

"Their" not "to" bright but you are? Also, the comma comes before "Immigration" and "Accross" is neither capitalized or in need of extra letters.  Pull your pants up.  Your ass is showing.

10 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

"Their" not "to" bright but you are? Also, the comma comes before "Immigration" and "Accross" is neither capitalized or in need of extra letters.  Pull your pants up.  Your ass is showing.

Agreed, should also be "too" bright, not "to"  as I believe you infered ??

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
Grammar

I am sure they will be able to blend into the background easily and never be caught?? Silly boys but let's hope a spell in the best Thailand Prison Accomodation will allow them to engage in critical thinking! Start writing a letter to Putin fellows because you can run but you can't hide!

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

At times, when we're becoming old gits, it can be too easy to forget what we got up to in our younger days. Of course, we didn't have CCTV, mobile phones or social media to show everybody how stupidly, irresponsibly or badly we were behaving. I'm sure that I would have made quite a few compilations. Having said that, I didn't go around acting maliciously and certainly never carried a knife or gun. Neither would I go around thieving for that matter.

Must be a good solid Christian then.