Soc.culture.thai

OxfordWill

I prefer this forum to the newsgroup for several reasons.

- mainly because here anyone can be as anonymous as they want to be

- these forums are moderated to keep the trolls and flame wars to a minimum

- the information contained here is better

Soc.culture.thai, A thai culture news group

You obviously have not been reading it very long if you believe it has much to do with Thai culture. :D

First there were several popular BBS here in Bangkok. Bangkok Post and War on Virus were probably the best for foreigners. As internet came in they faded out and soc.culture.thai became the forum of choice. Its big weakness is that there is no moderation and every school dropout competes for the lowest IQ. Even with a good newsreader it becomes more of a bother than enjoyment to try and read between the trolls. Now we have the old moderated BBS setup using the internet for a path. Much more readable if well moderated but can be a mess, as a local teachers site became (don't read it now so perhaps now better)? :o

Soc.culture.thai, A thai culture news group

You obviously have not been reading it very long if you believe it has much to do with Thai culture. :D

First there were several popular BBS here in Bangkok. Bangkok Post and War on Virus were probably the best for foreigners. As internet came in they faded out and soc.culture.thai became the forum of choice. Its big weakness is that there is no moderation and every school dropout competes for the lowest IQ. Even with a good newsreader it becomes more of a bother than enjoyment to try and read between the trolls. Now we have the old moderated BBS setup using the internet for a path. Much more readable if well moderated but can be a mess, as a local teachers site became (don't read it now so perhaps now better)? :o

It still ain't worth the bother Lop. :D

Thanks for the inputs.

I have also found it quite irritating but haven't been able to shake it from my system just yet.

I read one comparison of it to the jungle gorillas and their system of 'Alpha male' etc.

It is truly a disheartening display of us farang if it is representative of the majority farang population in the Kingdom.