Thai woman arrested for stealing 6,000 euros from German tourist in Pattaya

webfact

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Amazing how some people cannot respond normally in a polite manner without being rude or caty....some obvious inner issues

Relax - its all a bit of light hearted jibing at Peterw42's expense...  almost everyone (all 427 of us) have jumped on the bandwagon to correct him...  its quite amusing how the thread has been completely sidetracked by this... 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Relax - its all a bit of light hearted jibing at Peterw42's expense...  almost everyone (all 427 of us) have jumped on the bandwagon to correct him...  its quite amusing how the thread has been completely sidetracked by this... 

Now thats sweet of you, but actually was not refering to your post. Let's chill down...

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Why would a tourist have that much money in cash ? Even in large denomination bills, thats a suitcase full of money.

And not in the safe etc. More to this story I think.

Not really. With 500 Euro Notes it would be 12 pieces for 6k Euros. Fits in any wallet.

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

Stupid old fool, he must be a newbie. Always assume that when you take one of these women to your hotel room, if they spot something small and valuable, they will take it. Usually when you are in the shower. Reason, I always keep cash in my pocket and disrobe in the bathroom, whereafter, I roll up my trousers into a tight ball, and keep them well away from the bed, on top of a tall wardrobe for example. Other valuables are in the room safe.

I cant get any woman to my room I am to ugly

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

What a dumb and horrible bitch? Every Hotel has CCTV these days, so you are almost certainly going to be caught. I have no sympathy for her and hope she has a miserable time in Jail. Fair play to the BIB for catching her and hopefully recovering most of the money.

I would instead say what a stupid german john who takes a hooker to his room and has that kind of money available for the woman to steal. Obvoiusly he hasn't learned much in life at the rape age of 74.

5 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

In EURO 500 notes there would have been 12 notes, in EURO 200 notes, 30 notes. One doesn't need a suitcase to keep 12, 30, or even 60 notes. Your question about the safe is justified, but how many of us are so careful? 

Another question is, where did the man pick the "lady" up? If , as I assume from the street, the whole story is no surprise. I am not an angel, but it escapes my mind, how people can be that stupid and/or careless to take to one's hotel room a "lady" from the street. She could have drugged him, stolen more than she did, or even killed him. Aren't there enough agencies, clubs etc. where one can get a girl and take her, or have her sent, to the hotel room?

He likes the look of this lady. Walking around town with an erection is no fun, so he quickly get her to the room, from my personal experience. I met this young girl in a tuk tuk smiled at me and I smiled then we got off the same time and went straight to the hotel, don't waste time.

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

She promised to pay him back in instalments of 100 baht a month.  Police are thinking of fining her 500 baht.

This is the 'closest' scenario I can imagine............ for the first 2 or 3 months the 100 baht 'just might' be paid (doubtful)............

But on the other hand.......  I just might see her an Nong Palai (Pattaya Remand Prison) someday when I take a young lady there to visit her Mom...........

And you all give me crap when I comment that most everyone I dealt with from landlords to 7/11 cashiers treated me dishonestly.  I could fill PAGES with FACTS.  Bottom line, EXPECT to get swindled in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Stupid old fool, he must be a newbie. Always assume that when you take one of these women to your hotel room, if they spot something small and valuable, they will take it. Usually when you are in the shower. Reason, I always keep cash in my pocket and disrobe in the bathroom, whereafter, I roll up my trousers into a tight ball, and keep them well away from the bed, on top of a tall wardrobe for example. Other valuables are in the room safe.

Age 74 and a newbie you think?? Woke one day at age 74 and said I am horny and will hire my first hooker. ?

In all fairness I feel compelled to point out that there is 2 sides of every coin......... I have a story about the 'other side of the coin'

Admittedly there are many woman same as this OP woman (in Pattaya, Las Vegas, Munich, or elsewhere)......

But also......... There are more than a few 'farangs' who come to Thailand (and Pattaya) and rip-off these girls who haven't graduated to the level of this woman...... and are using the only thing they know to make a living and support often 'heavy' family burdens in 'this country' that does not educate nor help them.........

There is a young lady I know that works in a 'Massage shop' in Pattaya......... Over the past couple years I have become very close to her and an occasional 'customer' of hers...... this is a girl that all of you might like to know....... Because you would never suspect that she does the type of work that she does working in a massage shop where she offers 'extra services'.......... she is such a polite person, kind and gentle as well as 'nieve' and shy....... she now trusts me and will discuss anything..... A couple days ago she told me about a young farang that came to the shop and asked her for extra services and after being told that she could not offer 'full' extra service because of just having a mis-carriage, he acknowledeged and since money was not discussed because of her nieveness after she went to great length to please him and they were 'done' he dressed and handed her 500 baht which she had to give 300 to the shop.......  I can only wish that farangs like that guy could 'always' be paired up with women like the one in this story.........

The reality is that there is in some cases 'Rotten farangs' that can turn Thai ladies as 'rotten' as they are.....

I often make a comparison of a 'Happy ending' being like 'Riding on an air-con bus vs. walking 8 miles on a hot day........... If you prefer the air-con ride...... Be willing to pay the fare, don't try to sneak a 'free ride'..... OR walk it and sweat............ (to save a couple dollars)

43 minutes ago, Joebuzz said:

And you all give me crap when I comment that most everyone I dealt with from landlords to 7/11 cashiers treated me dishonestly.  I could fill PAGES with FACTS.  Bottom line, EXPECT to get swindled in Thailand.

30 years here and I haven't been 'swindled'    Maybe you consider having to pay to ride the air-con bus vs walking..... That you are being swindled............. I have paid a fair Price for what I wanted here in Thailand and not considered that I was 'swindled'.................

Edited to correct spelling.........

Edited by sawadeeken
re-read it... correct spelling

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

What a dumb and horrible bitch? Every Hotel has CCTV these days, so you are almost certainly going to be caught. I have no sympathy for her and hope she has a miserable time in Jail. Fair play to the BIB for catching her and hopefully recovering most of the money.

Let he who has committed no sin cast the first stone.

19 minutes ago, balo said:

Whats the matter with people walking around with 200k thai baht . It's 2017, ATM on every corner. 

He didn't have 200k baht stollen... he had 6000 Euro's stollen...

......which he probably brought in with him to avoid the heavy ATM fees and receive more favorable conversion rates than the banks offer. 

.... and... he wasn't walking around, he had it stolen from his room. 

From the Safe ?... or just lying around... in which case, what is wrong with people leaving 6000 Euro lying around his hotel room before inviting a stranger back ?

8 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

I am sorry, but that is just plain untrue. Euros are available in 1,000 Euro denomination bills. That would be six bills. Even if in common 100 Euro denominations it would be only 60 bills, and less than one half inch thick. Did you mistake and think he had it in baht?
Not every hotel room has a safe, though I personally would have checked that amount at the hotel desk if available, or had most of it in traveler's checks.
Far, far, far from a suitcase, at any rate.
Ah, I see Abraham has pre-empted my reply. ^^^:smile:

Hello, for my thoughts it is not of any importance and I find it also strange why the denomination of the amount is part of the discussion, but let me tell you as a german national: There are no 1000 Euro bills. There theoretically 500 Euro bills, yet they are totally uncommon even here in germany. I have seen only two of them since the Euro came, almost noone will accept them (shops,gas stations etc.) and noone has it to give you except banks. For that reason it is officially discussed to drop them because they hardly are of any use. And actually are not used in every day situations. Still possible this guy got his money in 500 bills from the bank, but a branch in Thailand will probably be quite suspicious, if he wants to exchange them. What is more, even the 200 Euro bills are rare around here in germany. Maybe I have seen 5 to 10 in my life. Higher amounts are done with 100 bills. The "big deals" hardly in cash. It always has the smell of being non legal.  Yes, even sixty 100 Euro bills do not need a suitcase.- I will not judge for I don´t know about the event. But while I am commenting already, I would also think, that if the guy was leaving that amount open for access, he must be a little bit naive. Everyone of us knows how far 6000 Euro take you in Thailand compared to the average lifestyle. So this amount is probably what he brought in for the whole trip. Maybe to save some fees, saving at the wrong end. (Oh I don´t like fees, but better be safe ;-) - For the women it must have been a huge temptation, which is no excuse, but understandable. Some could even say, he was at fault for producing the temptation. The women go for money, so what is the surprise, if they take money. Despite I can´t tell from own experience, the matter is hardly an act of honesty (on both sides), yet I believe, if you treat a person with respect and honesty apart from the deal, that is what you may get in return as well. Finally, even if such a price is agreed for whatever reason, some foreigners think it is right to use someones body, buy a human being for there personal desires for the price of 5 (in words: five) or ten or twenty...Euros and even hurt and abuse them beyond a ...they bargain, they refuse to pay....OK I will stop here. Sorry, my compassion is saved for someone else, you know.

9 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

You old romantic you 

5 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

There is a young lady I know that works in a 'Massage shop' in Pattaya......... Over the past couple years I have become very close to her and an occasional 'customer' of hers...... this is a girl that all of you might like to know....... Because you would never suspect that she does the type of work that she does working in a massage shop where she offers 'extra services'.......... she is such a polite person, kind and gentle as well as 'nieve' and shy....... she now trusts me and will discuss anything..... 

Naive and shy...............mmmmmmmmm

4 hours ago, Sparkling said:

4 hours ago, Sparkling said:

Hello, for my thoughts it is not of any importance and I find it also strange why the denomination of the amount is part of the discussion, but let me tell you as a german national: There are no 1000 Euro bills.

Yes. thank you Sparkling. We have already talked about my error on that, maybe confusing myself because we use 1,000 unit (baht) notes a lot in Thailand. It is hard to find even a US $1,000 note any more. They were discontinued in about 1970, when I was in high school.:sleep:

The reason for talking about it is another member also made a conversion error thinking "baht" while discussing "Euros", and mentioned it would be a "suitcase full of money". 6,000 Euros in only 100 Euro denominations  would make a stack a bit less than 1/2 inch, or 12.49 mm thick. 

If you think about it, even in Thai currency, assuming 1,000 baht notes, you still would have a stack only about two and one half inches thick.
Pretty sure my GF could stash that in her hand bag no problem!

Vietnamese Dong might require a suitcase! 6,000 Euros is 160,700,000 Dong, although the fairly common 200,000 dong note would still only stack up about three and one half inches, I believe.

As an anecdote, I was about to exchange Viet currency at the airport back to baht on a recent trip when my GF bustled up and asked for one million dong. She had been shopping in duty free, and settled on a fairly large package of Toblerone chocolates to bring home as gifts. I will never forget the day she asked me for a million, and I handed it to her out of pocket. :shock1:

10 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

30 years here and I haven't been 'swindled'    Maybe you consider having to pay to ride the air-con bus vs walking..... That you are being swindled............. I have paid a fair Price for what I wanted here in Thailand and not considered that I was 'swindled'.................

Edited to correct spelling.........

In my home country we call it 'Reading The Play' If you can read the play well  you should never be swindled because you are one step in front of them I dont think the German Read the play very well Also he might have to explain to his wife in Germany why he lost 6,000 Euros :sorry:

17 hours ago, milys said:

I would instead say what a stupid german john who takes a hooker to his room and has that kind of money available for the woman to steal. Obvoiusly he hasn't learned much in life at the rape age of 74.

Rape (at the age of 74?), or ripe?

On 10/18/2017 at 10:02 AM, kotsak said:

6,000 Euros in the largest denomination of 500 would be 12 banknotes :biggrin: It must be a very tiny suitcase.

And if 200 € notes, then 30 bank notes, and slightly larger suitcase needed lol.

Hat tip to 74 year German guy, living the life, and not sitting at home, counting days.