Updates regarding temporary closure of businesses and attractions on 26 October

webfact

Updates regarding temporary closure of businesses and attractions on 26 October

phuket-4-10893lYWSvJmZkckcnsgeewArvtigXs.jpg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to provide the following updates as the entire nation prepares to pay a final tribute to the beloved late King Bhumibol Adulyadej on the Royal Cremation Ceremony Day, on 26 October.

Temporary closure of businesses and attractions:

• All banks will be closed on 26 October.
  • The Thai Red Cross Society will be closed on 26 October.
  • The Stock Exchange of Thailand will be closed on 26 October.
  • Thailand Post will be closed on 26 October.
  • Thai Film Archive will be closed on 26 October.
  • All Tesco Lotus outlets nationwide will be closed for half a day, from 14.00 Hrs. on 26 October.
  • All Major Cineplex Group’s cinemas nationwide will be closed on 26 October.
  • All 7-Eleven convenience stores will close from 14.30 Hrs. to midnight (24.00 Hrs.) on 26 October.
  • All True Shop stores, except its airport branches, will also close from 14.30 Hrs. on 26 October.
  • All wholesaler Makro outlets will be closed from 15.00 Hrs. on 26 October.
  • All Big C outlets will close from 15.00 Hrs. on 26 October. The 24-hour Mini Big C outlets will close from 15.00 – 24.00 Hrs.
  • All Central Plaza and Central Festival as well as The Mall shopping malls will be closed on 26 October. CentralWorld and Central Plaza Rama II will open as usual.
  • Isetan Bangkok shopping mall will be closed on 26 October.
  • Bangkok Art and Culture Centre will be closed on 26 October.
  • Siam Niramit in Bangkok and Phuket will be closed on 26 October.
  • Dream World, Safari World, Siam Park and Dinosaur Planet in Bangkok will be closed on 26 October.
  • In Chonburi, Burapha University’s Eastern Center of Art and Culture; Alcazar Carbaret, Tiffany’s and KAAN Shows; Tuxedo Illusion Hall; Space Inspirium; Flight of the Gibbon; and Lazgam will be closed on 26 October.
  • (Updated on 21 October, 2017): The following businesses and attractions will also be closed temporarily:
    • Palio Khao Yai, to close from 14.00 Hrs.;
    • Madame Tussauds Museum Bangkokm will close early with the last entry at Last entry at 16.00;
    • Vana Nava Hua Hin waterpark will close from 24 to 26 October;
    • Jim Thompson outlets will close on 26 October, except its retail stores in Suvarnabhumi Airport and at King Power Downtown Complexes in Bangkok and Phuket.

The above businesses and attractions will reopen on 27 October.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/updates-regarding-temporary-closure-businesses-attractions-26-october/

-- Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) 2017-10-24

Also many online stores are closed.

Many restaurants in the Din Daeng area are closed on the 26.

I wonder if McD, BurgerK, KentuckyFC, PizzaC and PizzaH  are open or deliver.

When I ordered a food delivery at 9:00 PM yesterday evening, it took them till 10:30 AM this morning. The delivery man had to take my order back because I wasn't there at 10:30 AM. So the company called me this morning and told me that because they weren't having enough staff, as many left Bangkok for the week, the delivery was a bit late. I won't get a refund on my credit card payment or a coupon. I called them 3 times yesterday evening and they Thai-ed to me saying it was on its way. I may NOT mention the name of the company where I placed my order or I might get in trouble because of the CCA.

Edited by PAIBKK

Also many online stores are closed.
Many restaurants in the Din Daeng area are closed on the 26.
I wonder if McD, BurgerK, KentuckyFC, PizzaC and PizzaH  are open or deliver.

When I ordered a food delivery at 9:00 PM yesterday evening, it took them till 10:30 AM this morning. The delivery man had to take my order back because I wasn't there at 10:30 AM. So the company called me this morning and told me that because they weren't having enough staff, as many left Bangkok for the week, the delivery was a bit late. I won't get a refund of my credit card payment. I called them 3 times yesterday evening and they Thai-ed to me saying it was on its way. I may NOT mention the name of the company where I placed my order or I might get in trouble because of the CCA.

Pizzahut and Pizza Company are staying open and I'd be very surprised if McDonalds and Burger King close. Presumably the restaurants in the malls that are open will also be serving as normal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Pizzahut and Pizza Company are staying open and I'd be very surprised if McDonalds and Burger King close. Presumably the restaurants in the malls that are open will also be serving as normal.

Malls are closing in the afternoon. Also Foodland (normally open 24 hours) had a sign this morning that they close at 3 PM on the 26th. The whole mall where it's in closes on 3:30 PM

Edited by PAIBKK

14 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not all malls. Emporium, Emquartier, Siam Paragon and Centralworld are staying open.

Rama 9, Fortune Town, Esplanade, The Street are closing the doors at 3 or 3:30 PM, including the restaurants inside. I did my shopping this morning (Big C, Foodland, Tesco and Tops. Most of the time I do the cooking myself!!! Many shelves were empty as they hardly been supplied this week. Yesterday evening we had some guests that wanted to eat something from an online delivery that arrived this morning. 

Edited by PAIBKK

21 hours ago, nasanews said:

What about restaurants, some people cant cook for them selves.

God love them.....can'r even boil an egg and butter a slice of bread. Not to worry though. I don't think anybody ever died of a diet after one day.....awe, 555

45 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

God love them.....can'r even boil an egg and butter a slice of bread. Not to worry though. I don't think anybody ever died of a diet after one day.....awe, 555

Occasional fasting is recommended by medical professionals.

20 hours ago, tonray said:

Mama noodles and boiling water won't kill you for a day

As well one should have expected there would be disruptions on this day for a long time now.  It is very easy to make some meals for half a day, even without actually cooking anything.

14 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

As well one should have expected there would be disruptions on this day for a long time now.  It is very easy to make some meals for half a day, even without actually cooking anything.

And I have been informed by a friend who works for Central that Central World and Central Rama II will be open all day for those who cannot boil water.

And I have been informed by a friend who works for Central that Central World and Central Rama II will be open all day for those who cannot boil water.

Emporium, Emquartier, Siam Paragon all open too. Although not sure how many shops and restaurants inside will be. I'll be heading out in an hour or so, so will find out.

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Emporium, Emquartier, Siam Paragon all open too. Although not sure how many shops and restaurants inside will be. I'll be heading out in an hour or so, so will find out.

Not fair on the staff to be open all day and very disrespectful

Are we the lucky ones today?

Power went out on our entire downtown BKK soi about 2:45 pm today, and remains off now as of 3:15 pm... Who knows how long...

My guess is, the MEA staff who might otherwise fix the problem are otherwise occupied.

I'm assuming its a local, not broader, problem.

Are we the lucky ones today?

Power went out on our entire downtown BKK soi about 2:45 pm today, and remains off now as of 3:15 pm... Who knows how long...

My guess is, the MEA staff who might otherwise fix the problem are otherwise occupied.

I'm assuming its a local, not broader, problem.

That's grim. Which area are you? The power is fine in Phra Khanong.