Phrao Accommodation

Samui Coconut

I will be driving through the north soon and would need some place to stay in Phrao. I can only find Doi Farrang Bungalow (which hasn't answered my emails as yet) and Khum Lanna (which only sells packages).

I just need a place to crash for the night, something clean with hot water. Surely there must be more or not ?

Thanks

I've stayed at Doi Farang bungalows last year and have to say I really liked the place - I like low key places with a rustic feel without it being grubby, and that is what you get there. It is some distance from Phrao town at the foot of the mountain, overlooking the rice fields and the mountain range on the other side. There's a swimming pool (although it will probably be freezing cold this time of year) and the accommodation consists mainly of nicely refurbished traditional wooden utility buildings like rice barns spread out over a large area with plenty of flowers and various trees. The pub/dining room is decorated with old agricultural tools and is completely made out of wood. The food was not bad either.

I doubt there's more although I cannot tell for sure - Phrao doesn't cater to tourists, it is very much still a rural Northern town with lots of agriculture. Apart from the beautiful nature and rural life, it does not have much in the ways of activities. Still a great place to relax if you like the slow pace.

I will be driving through the north soon and would need some place to stay in Phrao. I can only find Doi Farrang Bungalow (which hasn't answered my emails as yet) and Khum Lanna (which only sells packages).

I just need a place to crash for the night, something clean with hot water. Surely there must be more or not ?

Thanks

My wife is from Phrao, she says there is an old Hotel near the Hospital that costs around 150 baht a night.

Thanks

My wife is from Phrao, she says there is an old Hotel near the Hospital that costs around 150 baht a night.

I know this <Hotel>, last year it was 250 THB,hot water? the matresses are very hard...

Thanks

I know this <Hotel>, last year it was 250 THB,hot water? the matresses are very hard...

Thanks for the advise guys and girls. Will report after my return.