Martial Arts Gear Suppliers Thailand Bob Dummy

Gerry290

Hi

I does any one know where in Thailand I can find a bit of martial arts kit called a

BOB Dummy Body Opponent Bag?

its like a free standing punch pag, but with a mans figure, so you can practice targeted shots...

also very good for training self defence stuff.

See here

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Opponent-Bag-Ba...=sporting-goods

Now amazon will not ship this to thailand.

I seem to only find muay thai or tae kwon do supplies.... but anything outside of this, I am having trouble sourcing.

Anyone seen these available in Thailand?

Thanks

G

• 2 years later...

Hi

I does any one know where in Thailand I can find a bit of martial arts kit called a

its like a free standing punch pag, but with a mans figure, so you can practice targeted shots...

See here

I seem to only find muay thai or tae kwon do supplies.... but anything outside of this, I am having trouble sourcing.

Thanks

G

hello

I have seen one in HK gerry

Would you like me to bring one back for you?

bob

Hi

See here

Thanks

G

I am fairly (but not 100%) sure i saw one in the big FBT shop on Ramkhamhaeng Road opposite the stadium.

Def. worth a try

Hi

Approx 2 years max, back, I got on to CENTUAY Martial Arts the big USA gear supplier who have

been around decades, & also have ads in Black Belt Mag, & all the major Martial Arts Mags, so I

figured based based on their size & volume if sales, & a bit of "haggling" done with Irish charm (works well on the Yanks)

I got on personally to a mid - snr manager, in Century Martial Arts in USA about getting a BOB DUMMY.

I was aware of the pricing, & since I wanted the largest size, which has the largest heaviest bases,

(which standard you fill with water. though I am sure if your sure the BOB will be in same gym for

long time, you could fill the base tank with sand, or concrete mix, to minimize BOB jumping around

from heavy Combatives strikes. Normally even the heavy duty ones, you need a training partner,

holding the base down. see end of video clip of Carl Cestari Combatives Video Krav Maga Thailand You Tube for example

on http://youtube.com/kravmagathailand to see the BOB jumping about)

Century got back to me a few days later, BOB Heavy Duty (or whatever that version is called)

list price was $600 approx which is expensive, though I was not ruling it out.

The Only way they could ship & only to Bangkok was with FEDEX (cheapest option too) meaning I

could have to truck it down to Pattaya, & also any thai style "customs clearance" :)

The Freight cost from Century to BKK was close to $700 (and of course, factor in "customs clearence",

annoyance of trekking to BKK Depot to get BOB, etc).

It just was too expensive to justify...

Personally I think, the light weight BOBs or SPAR PRO I think is another brand, would be

a total frustration, & annoyance, (unless you have training partner hold it), but for SOLO training

the light BOBs me thinks move about way to much.

LOOK... if it is for self defense strikes, there was no BOBs back when W.E. Fairbairn & colleagues

invented Reality Based Self Defense "Combatives" which today the BOB is a very popular training nicety

in the Combatives street self defence martial arts etc...

There was no BOBs back when Fairbarin was training Special Ops Exe & OSS Agents for undercover work

in Occupied Europe, where many HAD to use Combatives hand to hand combat, do or die.

I have the WWII Train the Trainer Manual from Faribarin, & they used large punch bags, a low cost thing today

or a Dummy home made. Strawman Dummy they called it, get a Boiler Suit & stuff with straw & rags to resemble

Human form & hung with rope to each limb & other ways, in sort of a door frame.

Its hard training makes the fighter, not the gear. ;-)

I guess if you went through some of the more underground Reality Based Self Defense Combatives forums

on the web, you will find or post a thread, on how to do a home made BOB or other gear, some lads will

send your amazing innovative plans, with photos on how to construct your own kit..

Hope That Helps

Cheers

Gerry

Krav Maga Paattaya

Jesus LOL! I just answer my own post! Internet TOT is running slow, so I did not see me Avatar Photo on OP

until I posted answer...

Well there is the answer to the story....

Yeah, someone in BKK told me months back they saw one in BKK, but

I have since revised my opinions on blowing money on nice to have gear.

Focus mits, kick shields, punch bags, & 16 oz gloves for a decent self defense related spar

& 1000s hours training is the answer!

Self Defense Martial Arts eBook Free full of bar brawling stories...