Thailand aims to have no illegal migrants by March next year

webfact

By Thai PBS

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM58rSkwQ5AUfv0kSw7FxCfMSS

The Labour Ministry has set a target for Thailand to be without illegal migrant workers by March 31 next year and all legal workers will be provided with protection under the Thai and international labour laws, said permanent secretary for labour affairs Jarin Jakkapak on Nov 16.

Mr Jarin said this to Peter Haymond, Deputy Chief of Mission at the US Embassy in Bangkok, who called on him at the Labour Ministry.

The labour permanent secretary told the US official that Thailand is determined to solve problems over child labour, forced labour and human-trafficking.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-aims-no-illegal-migrants-march-next-year/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-16

Anyhow, rather be an illegal immigrant in Thailand then to be a legal immigrant (in blue collar jobs that it) anywhere in the Middle East Dubai etc. !!!!

I'm sure that Thailand treats it's legals far better then many countries in the world.

Well done... get rid of all the illegals should they be white or blue collars and no matter from where they come from. 

And raise the standards and ease the visa sojourn issues, for those who are legally in the country, with no distinction of their social status, race, colour.

Edited by observer90210

"Aim high, fall low" - it's a personal idiom Thailand, not meant to be used in setting targets for national policy. Here, I'll give you a hint from my own experience in the government sector - set the target very low, you exceed it, everyone's happy.

Edited by nausea
More info.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Shooter: “Shooter ready”
Spotter: “Target, migrant, illegal, Burmese, 11 o’clock, 50 meters off”
Shooter: “On target”
Spotter: “Range is 952”
Shooter: “952”
Spotter: “Fire when ready”
Shooter: “Target down… ready”

This is right up there with elections.

To be fair they are approaching this the right way, a full on purge is happening, and they are at least very serious about it. Problem is as we read in Phuket recently, the purge has to run through the police force to really have the desired outcome.  A lot of local heads need to roll.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Labour Ministry has set a target for Thailand to be without illegal migrant workers by March 31 next year and all legal workers will be provided with protection under the Thai and international labour laws, said permanent secretary for labour affairs Jarin Jakkapak on Nov 16.

wow; we need a new person in this job, not a comedian;  typical thai, lots of talk, 10% action

RE - "Thailand aims to have no illegal migrants by March next year "

BUT, what thailand actually need are authorities that can achieve achievable goals...:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by ttrd

7 minutes ago, ttrd said:

RE - "Thailand aims to have no illegal migrants by March next year "

BUT, what thailand actually need are authorities that can achieve achievable goals...:post-4641-1156694572:

then at least the disappointment may be reduced...

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Or what - the government resigns and calls for elections?

The Labor Minister is likely soon to be replaced in Prayut's reshuffle, so the new minister can change priorities and promises. 

Is Ladbrokes gambling web site on this and if so I want in on the bet using every cent I own that there will always be illegal immigrants even if the odds are 1.1 to 1.0. Love Thailand. Next promise will be Zero road deaths by 2019. Pigs do fly here also. I've seen them dressed as politicians and cops.