Patong Tunnel update

webfact

Patong Tunnel update

The proposal would be to tender the project out to private companies who would then build the project and charge a toll.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

phuketnews_Aesthetics_was_one_of_the_fac

Patong Mayor, Chalermluck Kebsup, has provided an update about progress on the long-mooted infrastructure project. She says the proposal has now passed the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) stage and will be considered by the main planning committee soon.

“After we checked with the Expressway Authority of Thailand, who is responsible for the project, we found out that the tunnel project has passed the sub-committee stage and we are confident that the main committee will take their advice from the sun-committee and the EIA. After the committee’s consideration, the project will be sent to the cabinet for a rubber stamp,” said the Patong Mayor.

“As far as I know, the government will not invest in this project, which requires 11 billion Baht. The proposal would be to tender the project out to private companies who would then build the project and charge a toll.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/patong-tunnel-update

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-12-07

1 hour ago, d123 said:

How come the car park isn’t full of tuk-tuks & mini buses?

Or wrecked vehicles?

Resulting from rear end/t-bone incidents, as vehicles try to turn out of, (and in to) what I presume would be the lane preferred by most (but by no means all) overtaking/high speed drivers?

Edited by Enoon

They want to charge a toll for this?

Guess most people would just take the current road in that case as it is only a kilometer or something.

With a cost of 11 billion baht the toll will be high, and most will just take the current road for free and beep 3 times at the temple for good luck when going up.

If I was Mayor I would rubber stamp approval also or get a headache  finding out what committee is what!

".. project has passed the sub-committee stage and we are confident that the main committee will take their advice from the sun-committee and the EIA. After the committee’s consideration, the project will be sent to the cabinet for a rubber stamp,” said the Patong Mayor".

Reminds me of that English series :"Yes Minister":

Edited by wavemanwww