Stallion Motorbikes

Pilotman

The Stallion is a simple copy of an old Honda and there are a lot about this neck of the woods and the kids seem to having a lot of fun on them, so not crap at all.

I have a Lifan GY200 dirt bike, where the same technology is used and it was a great bike for the money, the gearbox is a little agricultural, ( which I understand is not the case with the Stallion) but is otherwise a brilliant bike.

The reason I didn't buy one was purely the frame size, I am 6' and found it a little cramped for me.

If it fits you go for it, you will get a lot for your money.

Search this forum for 'Stallions' - a number of threads on them, including owners' views.

My own Stallions 250 is a great little bike for my purposes - Isaan back roads (never highways), about 300 - 400 km solo trips alone once a month or so, must admit I usually wring its neck. In those circumstances, a cheap bike is ideal for me - why spend big money on a more 'prestigious' bike when I wouldn't use it or (probably) enjoy it any more than I do this cheap bike. Besides, I like the looks of this one, something I can't say about current Dukes, BMs, big Japs etc. Had 40+ years of  big name bikes in UK - don't need them now. 

But it depends on your own requirements - only you can define those. 

Thanks for the feedback.  The ones on display did look the part, albeit low cc, but they looked fun bikes.  I am wary of the skinny wheels and types on most Thai bikes but these were sturdy with good tread.  I just want  a cheap bike to mess around on really so I may well consider one.  Thanks again  

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, deadbeat said:

Mine's a 150 Tracker, looks great, rides OK and has a 400 kilometre tank. Had mine almost a year and good as gold so far. Chinese made so don't expect quality but what do you want for 60 grand?

Thanks.  I think i will give it a go.  Hard to avoid for the price.