Women Scolded for Praying in No-Women Zone in Local Temple

snoop1130

Women Scolded for Praying in No-Women Zone in Local Temple

by CityNews

IMG_0065-576x1024.png

CityNews – Three women were scorned after they went into an ubosot or ordination hall where woman are forbidden to enter, according to the temple’s sign.

A video clip on Facebook account name Pimlapat Aonsee revealed three Thai women came out from the ubosot of Wat Sri Suphan which has a sign reading “Women are not allowed to enter the ordination hall’s area.” According to the report, they were asked to leave by temple’s staff when they were praying inside. When they left the restricted area, a man aggressively scolded at them using strong language. He reportedly was a local person who went to do an offering that day.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/women-scolded-praying-no-women-zone-local-temple/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-12-26

What a load of boll+++s

What gives any man the right to tell women where they can or cannot pray?

A ,man scolded them, di+++++d, he needs a damn good slap.

Reminds me of when my wife took me to a temple where this monk was going to fix my broken back.

I was lying on a raised section of temple floor, desperately needing a drink of water, only people around me were women.

Not 1 of them would give me a drink as women were not allowed on that part of the floor.

Bloody crazy, in fact 1 of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen.

Well…since we know that all females are possessed by satanic powers and demonic lust…this makes perfect sense. They might start ‘twerking’ uncontrollably and forever violate the sanctity of the temple. Better safe than sorry.

CAUTION: Posts may reflect explicit and/or implied sarcasm. Reader discretion is advised.

This idea that women's menstruation spiritually "pollutes" sacred areas is not Buddhist in origin, but shame on Northern temples for making it a "Lanna tradition." The temple in the story is Chiang Mai's Wat Sri Suphan (the Silver Temple), a big tourist attraction. The same "no women" restriction applies to Chiang Mai's Inthakhin City  Pillar in the grounds of Wat Chedi Luang.

I remember after the 1997 "People's Constitution," a female MP said this practice may violate the Constitution's guarantee of gender equality, but she received a number of death threats as a result.  

39 minutes ago, captspectre said:

this happened in Thailand? must be some off the wall sect. as I have never heard of females being banned from any temple, and an ordination hall? there is something fishy here, probably the monks.

Read my post on this thread number 8.

Certain areas in the temples are forbidden to women.