Tax refund through Promptpay accounts can be done in 1 day

Tax refund through Promptpay accounts can be done in 1 day

By Thai PBS

promptpay.jpg

Taxpayers who submit their tax return forms via the internet will have their tax refund to be wired into their Promptpay account within one day, Revenue Department director-general Prasong Poontaneat said Tuesday (Dec 26).

Submission of tax return forms for taxes paid in 2017 is scheduled between Janaury 1-March 31 next year.

Mr Prasong said that if the data filled into return forms are correct, then taxpayers who have Promptpay accounts may get their tax refund wired into their accounts not later than one day compared to tax refund by mail which will take at least 30 days.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tax-refund-promptpay-accounts-can-done-1-day/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-27

48 minutes ago, orientalist said:

Presumably, this doesn't apply to foreigners who have to provide a copy of their entire passport when asking for a refund. :annoyed:

Was this only for the initial request to get a TIN or for subsequent years as well? I don't remember having to do that for the last couple of years but maybe different offices - different rules.........

6 hours ago, Boss said:

Will the tax return forms for taxes paid in 2017 be available in English ? Anybody ?

No they will be explained in Algerian language. I f you can´t understand that you will have to pay double tax.

I am sorry, but you really asked for it. Not want to be bad. Of course you can fins the Thai tax rules in english .

Hope you sort it out. cheers!

On 27/12/2017 at 6:04 PM, topt said:

Was this only for the initial request to get a TIN or for subsequent years as well? I don't remember having to do that for the last couple of years but maybe different offices - different rules.........

I've been asked for a full copy of my passport, work permit and LTF documents every year.

"Will the tax return forms for taxes paid in 2017 be available in English ?"

There used to bean English version on a Revenue Dept site.  But the actual form submitted must be in Thai.

It was easy to fill out the English version than copy the info to the Thai version to be submitted.  The line item numbers were the same on both versions.