Nice Pub near Nana?

SimonD

Hi,

Find myself in Nana Soi 8 for a few days, kicking my heels waiting for my flight back.

Don't really know the area and looking for a couple of recommended ordinary pubs/bars in which to have an undisturbed pint or two.

All replies appreciated.

Simon

Edited by SimonD

I think I recall that there's some nice quiet ones on the left as you walk down Soi 10..., southwards ? In fact many of the Soi's on the south side of Sukhumvit have quiet, air conned bars..., although it can depend of what time of day you go there.  

Edited by Sandy Freckle
clarify

Someone I bumped into here also mentioned No Idea.

I'll get the BTS as my feet are killing me. Walking any distance in Bangkok reminds me of the time I climbed in the Brecon Beacons...

Went past the Landmark yesterday. Looked quite busy so steered clear.

Ta very much.

Simon

the Bloom Cafe on the ground floor of the Dynasty Grande Hotel on sukh soi 6 has a full bar and I've on occasion spent some time on their terrace with a drink before 5pm before I could get some vodka to take up to my room...very nice and civilized with no hassles from anyone and with a full menu as well...the nicely grilled pork chop with mashed potatoes and gravy is a favorite...sorta feels like the bar at the Overlook Hotel in Stanley Kubrick's The Shining when the smiling bartender sez: 'yer money's no good here, Mr tutsi...' and indeed I can just sign and put it on the hotel  tab...

a lot better than wandering around soi nana in a confused state...and I get confused easily these days...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Had a pint of Stowford Press cider in the Robin Hood yesterday, very nice it was too.

Wandered down Soi 22 to go to No Idea but got there too early I guess as it wasn't open (that was about 1.30pm). Had one in the Huntsman before heading back to Soi 4 for some eats at Chequers. Very pleasant afternoon.

I stayed in the Dynasty Grande last year, didn't know it had a bar and restaurant but I'm not very observant these days.

Well, I'm out of time right now. Flying back to colder climes later today so I'll have to file these useful (and welcome) ideas for next time I'm here...

Thanks to everyone who replied and have a Happy New Year!

Simon