Problem at Pattaya immigration- help please

My 60 days are up on 11/1/18 and I went to immigration in Pattaya today (3/1) . The guy said I have to apply for the extension next week. Since I will be in Bangkok next week I reached for a new set of forms and the guy took them back. I said I will need a new "Notification for House-Master form". He said I could use the one with the Pattaya information. I haven't been to immigration in Bangkok since they moved.

So my questions are:

-Can you apply for the extension up to 3 weeks ahead of the 60 day total?

-Does the House-master form have to have the address where you are staying in the same Province as the immigration office?

-Is the House-master form required at Bangkok immigration? 

-What things are required in Bangkok?

-What is the best way to get to immigration from the Nana BTS station?

-About how long would the trip to immigration take?

-What is the best time to go? Like maybe late afternoon and then wait of the after lunch reopening. 

-Are they closed 12-1 pm?

--What is the address of immigration?

-Any tips on finding the right building?

Sorry about so many questions but I am really nervous about overstaying.

• Like 1

from the nana bts station, you take the bts to mochit station (end of the line) and use exit 3.  once you are street level, you should see some taxis lined up next to some concrete barriers on the road.  i believe the barriers are there to create a bus lane so be careful not to be run over by a bus !! (the buses will be lane 1 and the taxis in lane 2).  every now and then, there are no taxis at the barrier and you have to get one that is parked curbside a little further up the road.  or flag one down.  the fare is about 120-140thb.  most taxi drivers know where to go but not all.  try 'immigration', 'make visa', 'chaengwattana' to help them understand where you need to go.  it might help to have a map with you if at all possible.  it is not a difficult journey, about 30 minutes on the BTS and another 20-30 min to get to immigration via taxi (depends on traffic). 

the immigration office is located at the very back of the government complex (furthest point from chaengwattana road).  it can be confusing as to what driveway to turn into, i've missed it before and been able to get in at another entrance further down the road. 

it sounds like you are extending a tourist visa.  i'm pretty sure you can do that at any immigration office.  i did one in buriram once (normally use bangkok) and i gave them my hotel name in buriram as my address.  you don't need the TM 30 /house master stuff for the extension in bangkok.  just the standard items, copies of passport pages and TM6, plus the form, picture, and 1900thb for the fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will only need a Bangkok address to put on the TM7 application form at Chaeng Wattana immigration. You will need a copy of your passport photo ,visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Those don't ask for a TM30 form.

You can apply at most immigration up to 2 or 3 weeks early. Jomtien immigration during busy times tell be people come back when they have a week left on the entry.

You can get the BTS to Mo Chit. Info on how to get there is here. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

No sure how long it will take to get there. 

Closed 12 to 1. They stop giving out queue numbers at 3:30.

• Like 2

If you are coming from Pattaya by bus, use the Morchit bus, not the Ekkamai bus. This way the BTS fare is avoided. The Morchit bus costs a bit (maybe 10-15b) more than 108b to Ekkamai. You'll find lots of taxis at that bus station.

• Like 1

yes exit 3.

the bus is number 52 from morchit bts to chang wattana.

it travels in a loop so you can get the same bus back again.

relax and enjoy an all day session at CW. it seems to be full of chinese tourists.

watch out for those taxis. i had one fiddling the meter which went to 50 THB after 100 meters up the road.

most of the taxis are very safe and reliable.

one day the bts will reach beyond morchit out to chang wattana.

you can see it under construction.

Edited by jobsworth
extra content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, buick said:

from the nana bts station, you take the bts to mochit station (end of the line) and use exit 3.  once you are street level, you should see some taxis lined up next to some concrete barriers on the road.  i believe the barriers are there to create a bus lane so be careful not to be run over by a bus !! (the buses will be lane 1 and the taxis in lane 2).  every now and then, there are no taxis at the barrier and you have to get one that is parked curbside a little further up the road.  or flag one down.  the fare is about 120-140thb.  most taxi drivers know where to go but not all.  try 'immigration', 'make visa', 'chaengwattana' to help them understand where you need to go.  it might help to have a map with you if at all possible.  it is not a difficult journey, about 30 minutes on the BTS and another 20-30 min to get to immigration via taxi (depends on traffic). 

the immigration office is located at the very back of the government complex (furthest point from chaengwattana road).  it can be confusing as to what driveway to turn into, i've missed it before and been able to get in at another entrance further down the road. 

it sounds like you are extending a tourist visa.  i'm pretty sure you can do that at any immigration office.  i did one in buriram once (normally use bangkok) and i gave them my hotel name in buriram as my address.  you don't need the TM 30 /house master stuff for the extension in bangkok.  just the standard items, copies of passport pages and TM6, plus the form, picture, and 1900thb for the fee.

Don't worry, to extend a tourist visa for 30 days (at Immigration in the Govt Complex Laksi) is at easy: you only need your passport, 1 passport picture, your card of departure, thb 1'900 & copies of your passport (incl. entry stamp & TM 6 departure card). Copies & passport pictures can be done downstairs in the building (pictures thb 120 + copies thb 3 each).

The staff there show you what to do.

You DON'T NEED any document from your renter!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, buick said:

Thanks for the clear and comprehensive reply.

22 hours ago, buick said:

Any guidance to find the correct desk? Or easy?

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Any guidance to find the correct desk? Or easy?

once you are past the security at the bldg entrance, you'll be in a large lobby area.  the door to immigration is on the right side.  once you enter that door, you'll be in a small reception type area with people filling out forms, etc..  walk through this room and in the next room you'll find the real reception desks where you get a queue number.  the 'number' will start with a J or K, areas J and K is where they do the extensions for tourist visa's and visa exempt entries.  this area is just steps away from reception.

as i recall, they process about 50 people each hour.  i've arrived at 9am and recvd a number as low as J5 and as high as J110.  at this time of year, it will likely be busy and will take a few hours.  if you arrive after the lunch break, you may be there until they close, they do guaranty to help everyone who has a number and they definitely process more people per hour later in the day.  you don't need to sit and wait in the J or K area, you can go downstairs where they have some cafes, etc... to kill the time.  just go back up and check where they are on the numbers every now and then.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:50 PM, buick said:

once you are past the security at the bldg entrance, you'll be in a large lobby area.  the door to immigration is on the right side.  once you enter that door, you'll be in a small reception type area with people filling out forms, etc..  walk through this room and in the next room you'll find the real reception desks where you get a queue number.  the 'number' will start with a J or K, areas J and K is where they do the extensions for tourist visa's and visa exempt entries.  this area is just steps away from reception.

as i recall, they process about 50 people each hour.  i've arrived at 9am and recvd a number as low as J5 and as high as J110.  at this time of year, it will likely be busy and will take a few hours.  if you arrive after the lunch break, you may be there until they close, they do guaranty to help everyone who has a number and they definitely process more people per hour later in the day.  you don't need to sit and wait in the J or K area, you can go downstairs where they have some cafes, etc... to kill the time.  just go back up and check where they are on the numbers every now and then.

Thanks for another great, detailed reply.