Four million people watch Facebook star hilariously eat ant eggs fresh from the nest

snoop1130

Four million people watch Facebook star hilariously eat ant eggs fresh from the nest

By Coconuts Bangkok

trhyjg.JPG

Today, in a corner of the internet that we rarely visit, a Laotian Facebook star with a large Thai following had us crying with laughter over his latest cooking video.

Apparently, this is how you get protein Lao-style. The internet personality known as “Bualai” shows off how he cooks ant eggs, which are a delicacy in Laos and northeastern Thailand.

First, he put dried shrimp, basil, toasted rice, seasoning, and of course, his homemade pla ra, strong-smelling fermented fish in a bowl. He mixed them together well and then simply grabbed ant eggs from a tree swarming with ants.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/video-four-million-people-watch-facebook-star-hilariously-eat-ant-eggs-fresh-nest/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-1-12

Couldn't stop myself laughing when I saw the video as it reminded me of the Mrs accidentally walking into one of the ants nest the other day, and having to strip off as just about everyone in the village rode by, me laughing and yelling "yeh baby get your rocks off" much to my disappointment she ran into the house with just bra and briefs on 555

I've eaten ants, snails, termites, emu, kangaroo, camel, buffalo, crocodile(!), frog, turtle, dugong and many other items some would turn up their nose at. (Many of the above I've never eaten twice!)

The worse things I've eaten are British blood sausages, haggis and Brussel sprouts. 

I was introduced to eating ant's and eggs straight from their nest many years ago. Grab a handful, rub them between your hands, and lick. Acidic but tasty. I still do it as a party piece when having visitors.It sometimes works as a repellent and they don't come back again.:saai: