Ford Ranger top-selling pickup in Thailand

webfact

Ford Ranger top-selling pickup in Thailand

By The Nation

2d1c97a460af29093e0bbf1d8fcf188f.jpeg

The Ford Ranger pick-up truck achieved all-time record sales across the Asia-Pacific region in 2017, up 22 per cent from the previous year to 134,100 vehicles.

“The Ranger’s toughness, capability, smart technologies, design, fuel-efficiency and comfort allow it to continue setting the industry benchmark in the region and globally for mid-size pickup trucks,” said Ford Asia Pacific vice president Mark Ovenden.

Sales in Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam represented full-year records.

Thailand was Ford’s best-selling Ranger market globally.

The Ranger also finished 2017 as the best-selling pickup in Vietnam, Taiwan, Cambodia, Myanmar and New Caledonia, and was the top-selling vehicle overall in New Zealand for the third consecutive year.

“The Ranger is integral to our business in Thailand and across Southeast Asia,” said Yukontorn “Vickie” Wisadkosin, president of Ford Asean. “The versatility and durability of this segment-defining pickup continues to attract a wide range of loyal Ford Ranger customers.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336932

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-23

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

My guess would be from this sentence " Thailand was Ford’s best-selling Ranger market globally. "

So yes, I agree, the headline of the article seems pure marketing and totally nonsense.

Yeah, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the headline. No way can anyone outgun Isuzu or Toyota, especially coming from nowhere. I mean, Ford wasn't even close to the top two. I guess the headline should have read something like  "Thailand No. 1 Market for Ford Ranger Globally", although I have to say it doesn't have that sensational hook to it.

Maybe the writer didn't know how to phrase it properly, or perhaps the Nation preferred a click-bait headline to an accurate and credible one? It did make me go to their website to read and that is one more view, visitor - one more click - on their website visitor records, or click-rate records - however they record these things.

• Like 1

Had our 3.2 Wildtrack nearly 3 years now and never been a single thing wrong with it. Not a single rattle. Easily the best vehicle I have owned in terms of reliability so far... And that includes Audis and BMWs in UK when I was still there 10 years ago. But I guess everyones reliability has improved since there's so much choice and competition now.

Whatever you do just don't buy Chevrolet here in Thailand. Both the Captiva and truck, both crap after just 6 months we started having problems.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

I own the Ranger and so far so good. I really didn't even look at anything else although I do have a Chevy but their after sales service was so bad I couldn't do it to myself again. I'm glad I made the change. I changed the wheels on the Ford. I have the top of the range and it is super comfortable and 'feels' safe. Love being able to switch directly into 4WD on the go when the terrain requires it OR in heavy rain. Not sure if that helps but I'm super happy with it.

What size wheels and tyres  did you put  and did you raise the vehicle as well? 

17 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

and don't they fit so well down the small sois and congested roads of Bangkok

It's a quandary in that respect. The smaller, regular cars are not very good for the poor roads I experience when visiting the village, nor the need to seemingly transport tons of stuff! I opted for the Ranger, and it is very good in rural areas and on the highways and hilly areas. In town in Pattaya, yes, a struggle to manoeuvrer. Don't really want 2 vehicles, but perhaps a SUV/Crossover vehicle would be a good idea. 

It's a quandary in that respect. The smaller, regular cars are not very good for the poor roads I experience when visiting the village, nor the need to seemingly transport tons of stuff! I opted for the Ranger, and it is very good in rural areas and on the highways and hilly areas. In town in Pattaya, yes, a struggle to manoeuvrer. Don't really want 2 vehicles, but perhaps a SUV/Crossover vehicle would be a good idea. 

Get the Everest! That's a decent suv. Expensive though for the top of the range. We're in Pattaya downtown also... It's not the roads that are a problem but the traffic! We hardly use the Ranger in the day or at weekends... The scooters suffice.

Was in Ford Pattaya the other day and they have a new hi performance Ranger coming out called the Raptor? I think it's based on the USA F150. Looks awesome on the internet but I'm not paying 1.6m for a pickup!

On 1/23/2018 at 1:02 PM, cornishcarlos said:

Even though I'm a Ford owner, that video is not really a true comparison.

The Ford had momentum from the start and the Triton was being driven by a muppet....

Apart the video featuring the older models of each marque, isn't muppetry a Triton driver universal?

• Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 7:46 PM, JAS21 said:

This from marklines.com   ... seems Ford are improving but still a little way to go ...

5a672e32e3b86_1_TonPickups-.JPG.28ee0d68c49a46440067d53f3c96ac5d.JPG

Agreed. By volume, Usuzu still takes the biscuit with Toyota a surprising silver medalist.

However, Ford's respective 10% and 39% the month on month and year on year increases is very significant.

The -10% year on year results for Toyota may have those of that ilk somewhat perplexed though. Personally, I think it's the pointy nose and OTT brightwork that's getting broadly panned. If scientific studies were done, I would wager that there's an increase in night-driving by late model 'weewo' and 'tuna' drivers.

No matter. Someone will be along shortly with an opinion on 'bulbous', out of date and irrelevant opinion on after-sales service or found on roadside dead, etc..

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2018 at 6:35 PM, NanLaew said:

Agreed. By volume, Usuzu still takes the biscuit with Toyota a surprising silver medalist.

However, Ford's respective 10% and 39% the month on month and year on year increases is very significant.

The -10% year on year results for Toyota may have those of that ilk somewhat perplexed though. Personally, I think it's the pointy nose and OTT brightwork that's getting broadly panned. If scientific studies were done, I would wager that there's an increase in night-driving by late model 'weewo' and 'tuna' drivers.

No matter. Someone will be along shortly with an opinion on 'bulbous', out of date and irrelevant opinion on after-sales service or found on roadside dead, etc..

Actually Toyota is number 1 at 18% market share and Isuzu is number 2 at 14% the have got their places back to front

On 1/28/2018 at 2:58 PM, madmax2 said:

Actually Toyota is number 1 at 18% market share and Isuzu is number 2 at 14% the have got their places back to front

Toyota beat Isuzu in December unit sales in both 2016 and 2017.

However, Isuzu shifted more units in the whole of 2017 than Toyota did.

The chart data is sorted by the 2017 Jan-Dec column.

Must be something to do with the weird dashboard and pointy nose on the first generation  "weewo".

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Posting any of this gobby <deleted> vacuous vacillating is a serious threadkiller.

The bloke is a complete a...hole, yet I read some hang on his every word ...and no I haven't watched and never will watch any of his inaccurate and mis-information's ever again ..