To snitch or not to snitch that is the question

Once Bitten

On 2/10/2018 at 4:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do you think money has to be involved? Maybe it is, but it does not have to be involved.

I remember a friend who had a hot sexual relationship with the girlfriend from someone else. He told me she told him her boyfriend's idea about sex is a hand-job under the shower, that's it, nothing else. But apart from that she really loved him.

So she had sex with my friend (no money involved) and a relationship with the guy she loved.

I guess that is not a solution for everybody but some people find interesting solutions to interesting problems...

Do you have her Number ?

5 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Falling off your bicycle is not trivial.

A friend of mine discovered they had syphillis when they went for a work permit medical, and three antibiotic injections later they were fine.  Another friend has long term problems because of an injury to his shoulder falling off his bike,

We might chortle and joke about these things when we escape serious harm, but anything can happen....

SC

In that story I'd prefer to be the one with syphilis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

A friend of mine discovered they had syphillis when they went for a work permit medical, and three antibiotic injections later they were fine. 

Happened to me once a week before I had to get the work permit. I was pretty sure I did not have it and had to take some rush tests to prove it. What a pain in the butt, but got my work permit right before I would have been licked out of the country. :sad:

8 minutes ago, catman20 said:

good point ! would you want to know or would you prefer everyone was laughing at you behide your back ? me i would want to know !

agree, you would want to know ... but it's not for others to be investigators for your affairs, one should do their own investigating if they suspect anything. Also, I don't really think anyone is laughing behind his back.    Things like this can turn very nasty, and the snitcher could end up at the bottom of the Phraya river.   imo

better to go to the bar and forget about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

agree, you would want to know ... but it's not for others to be investigators for your affairs, one should do their own investigating if they suspect anything. Also, I don't really think anyone is laughing behind his back.    Things like this can turn very nasty, and the snitcher could end up at the bottom of the Phraya river.   imo

better to go to the bar and forget about it.

I think that a good point. If a friend would ask me if I saw his wife with another guy I would tell him the truth.

But I wouldn't volunteer with that information if he wouldn't ask, but there might be exceptions.

I guess others would do this in a similar way. So maybe all the guys who want the truth should ask their friends regularly if they have any bad news about their wives. But be warned, maybe you will hear something you didn't want to know.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but I was in a taxi last weekend. The driver spoke pretty good English and my average Thai understood the rest. He was telling me an amusing story about how he used to be seeing a married woman near where I live on Phetchaburi Road. He said she was seeing him on the side because he loved to give her some tongue action. Apparently her husband never ever did it.

Maybe Tom is in the same boat. Never EVER forget the tongue action my fellow gentlemen. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Tom: Why do you ask?

After long silence someone in the group: Hmm, you know, I don't know how to start this, ...

Tom: why do you ask?

just curious

i get the impression from other posts like this by the op, that discussions like this are not out of place or uncommon.

Well last night was another get together of the local expats and all but one of the original guys who were at the last meeting turned up . For some reason the past conversations we had about Tom's Wife being seen with another man at a resort was not brought up , until I went and mentioned it . 

The guy who had been at the resort and had seen Tom's wife said that he felt he could not live with him self if he did not tell Tom what he saw,  even if Tom reacted badly he felt it was his duty as a friend to come clean and not hide things. Tom is due back in a few days  . 

The general consensus from every one sitting around the table was that if it was one of them in a similar situation they , including my self would want to be told . One other comment made was that its to late to try and put the cat back in the bag .

Only time will tell. :sad:

2 hours ago, falangjim said:

Okay, you and your posse of friends have made a decision.  Now let it go...unless we read about "Tom" in a future TV article having butchered his wife, is there another reason you feel compelled to drag us through Tom's drama?

I would like to read the outcome of many stories which we read in TV. How did it end? I like to know.