Thai woman cries foul over faulty Phuket airport air-conditioners

webfact

Thai woman cries foul over faulty airport air-conditioners

By The Nation

19bc054db30830039864e0f1bf086721-sld.jpe

Photos from Facebook page of Paithoon Tou Monpanthong

Hundreds of Facebook users have given their support to a woman’s complaint about a breakdown of air-conditioners at Phuket International Airport, which she says causes heat to be trapped and body odour to spread inside the passenger building.

“Is this a model of a green airport?” Facebook user Paithoon Tou Monpanthong asked on her Facebook page on Sunday night, urging others to share the post so that airport management could hear her complaint.

Paithoon said she had flown out of the airport earlier in the day and likened the temperature inside the terminal to that of a sauna. She checked with airport officials and says they told her that the air-conditioners had broken down several days before.

She had other complaints, too.

She said it was hard to locate ATM machines inside the terminal and also recommended that the Immigration Bureau improve the quality of airport staff as she had witnessed them yelling at departing tourists in Thai.

By 8am on Monday, about 15 hours after the post was published, it had drawn more than 12,000 reactions and over 170 comments criticising the airport. It had also been shared 440 times.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339197

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-19

Not clear if this is the new International terminal or the rehabbed Domestic. I have to fly from domestic side to BKK on Wed and am less than enthused about this news. The rehabbed terminal has been a mess for several months now, and the international one no better.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Showering and application of deodorant before heading to the airport would solve the body odour problem of these people, it's not that difficult.

Or having ones body completely covered in tattoos, as then one can strip off claiming a display of 'body art' and feel much cooler! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Showering and application of deodorant before heading to the airport would solve the body odour problem of these people, it's not that difficult.

Deodorant....do it make the air-condition functional? What about lowering the fanfare, i.e. an International airport adapted to the general conditions of the place:biggrin:   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Deodorant....do it make the air-condition functional? What about lowering the fanfare, i.e. an International airport adapted to the general conditions of the place:biggrin:   

No, it doesn't, I didn't suggest that it did but I did suggest that anyone who stinks after just a few hours in a hot airport needs to take better care of themselves for the benefit of those around them.

Maybe your suggestion of lowering the fanfare is a better one.

• Confused 2

We were there at the Domestic Airport in early Jan. A bit warm & crowded. I was buying some (very over-priced) water from a kiosk, and a young Chinese male got up from his chair and turned off, one of the fans. He said he was cold (he was in the direct air-stream). Pity about the 200+ pax waiting in a poorly ventilated building. I pointed this out to the teenager & turned the fan back on!

19 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

Not clear if this is the new International terminal or the rehabbed Domestic. I have to fly from domestic side to BKK on Wed and am less than enthused about this news. The rehabbed terminal has been a mess for several months now, and the international one no better.

That photo looks like it's from the domestic terminal. The new international terminal has higher ceiling. 

43 minutes ago, crutchy26 said:

We were there at the Domestic Airport in early Jan. A bit warm & crowded. I was buying some (very over-priced) water from a kiosk, and a young Chinese male got up from his chair and turned off, one of the fans. He said he was cold (he was in the direct air-stream). Pity about the 200+ pax waiting in a poorly ventilated building. I pointed this out to the teenager & turned the fan back on!

The teenager lacked the ability to see the larger picture, but had already developed the wisdom of listening reason. Well done, both.

Phuket Int’l Airport responds to air-con complaint

The Phuket News

1519033643_1-org.jpg

Conditions inside Phuket Int'l Airport yesterday (Feb 18) were said to have been similar to a 'sauna'. Photo: Paithoon Tou Monpanthong

PHUKET: Officials from Phuket International Airport have today (Feb 19) issued a press release in response to a post made on social media yesterday (Feb 18) regarding uncomfortable conditions in the airport’s Domestic Terminal.

The response came by an official notice posted by AoT on its Phuket International Airport Facebook page following a post made on the Facebook page of ‘Paithoon Tou Monpanthong’ yesterday (Feb 18) regarding the lack of air-conditioning within the Domestic Terminal.

The post made by Paithoon Tou Monpanthong, which has so far garnered over 1,500 interactions and nearly 600 shares, read; “Let’s share an experience which we hope will reach someone responsible.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-intl-airport-responds-to-air-con-complaint-66026.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-20

Phuket Airport is a disaster.  Total chaos!  I am here now for the second time in 2 weeks.  The gate area isn't big enough to accommodate half the passengers and the air conditioning still isn't sufficient. Whoever is in charge should spend more time in the terminal to see the horrible mess it has become.  The previous airport was 10 times more spacious and comfortable. Unbelievable!