Savannakhet - Visa Non O (having Thai kid) - Report

Hello,

I have just got a visa Non immigrant O, 1entry, at Savannakhet.

Documents : 

- certificate birth of the kid + 1 copy

- ID card of the mother + 1 copy

- "blue book" of the mother's house + 1 copy

All the copies dated and signed by the mother

- 1 copy of my passport (dated and signed)

The form + 2 pics

2,000 baths

No proof of income, neither bank account were demanded.

People, Time :

Arrived at 8.15am

Took a form, filled it.

I was the first in the queue.

No many people.

Embassy opened at 9.00am.

Edited by pomegranate

Thank you for your report. You only applied for (and received) a single entry Non O, right? I note that you were not required to provide any financial proof. Was there any suggestion that a multiple entry Non O based on having a Thai kid might be possible?

Indeed I applied only for a single entry.

According to the information I have got on the forum (I think from Ubonjoe) it is not possible to get a multiple entry Non-O visa based on having Thai kid.

On the Consulate, I was not suggested to apply for a multiple entry.

And I didn't ask the officer, as I wanted to make it as simple as possible, without entering in discussion.

11 hours ago, pomegranate said:

According to the information I have got on the forum (I think from Ubonjoe) it is not possible to get a multiple entry Non-O visa based on having Thai kid.

And I didn't ask the officer, as I wanted to make it as simple as possible, without entering in discussion.

Penang can issue multiple entry non - O, but require proof of 400.000 baht in the bank

• Thanks 1

Just to add, I was at Savannakhet last Wednesday, I rocked up at 9.30 and there was one guy at the window. After a friendly chat I was given no.11 ticket to use the next day.

When I returned at 2.00 the next day, there were a handful of people, I waited for all to rush and collect their passports, which was a as usual a quick and efficient, all out within a few minutes. 

Someone asked about Vientienne, hell, I remember rushing to the embassy, wasting the morning queuing, staying in an overpriced guest house and then returning the next day, standing in the mid-day sun, to pickup. 

No comparison, never again. 

I was surprised by the lack of activity, Monday mornings are traditionally  the busiest, i also noted some requirements for tourist visas posted, such as financial proof, rental agreements, etc. maybe there are less tourists using the consulate. 

The town seemed busy with westerners, clean guest houses, good restaurants, helpful locals. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pomegranate said:

Did you actually bring the original blue book and mother ID card ?

I never do that (I get the same visa as yours at the same place) because these documents are not supposed to leave Thailand, especially not without their owner...

Edited by Brunolem

8 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Did you actually bring the original blue book and mother ID card ?

I never do that (I get the same visa as yours at the same place) because these documents are not supposed to leave Thailand, especially not without their owner...

Yes I did.

On 21/02/2018 at 10:34 AM, recom273 said:

Just to add, I was at Savannakhet last Wednesday, I rocked up at 9.30 and there was one guy at the window. After a friendly chat I was given no.11 ticket to use the next day.

When I returned at 2.00 the next day, there were a handful of people, I waited for all to rush and collect their passports, which was a as usual a quick and efficient, all out within a few minutes. 

Someone asked about Vientienne, hell, I remember rushing to the embassy, wasting the morning queuing, staying in an overpriced guest house and then returning the next day, standing in the mid-day sun, to pickup. 

No comparison, never again. 

I was surprised by the lack of activity, Monday mornings are traditionally  the busiest, i also noted some requirements for tourist visas posted, such as financial proof, rental agreements, etc. maybe there are less tourists using the consulate. 

The town seemed busy with westerners, clean guest houses, good restaurants, helpful locals. 

Hi, did you get the application form on-line? I am struggling to find one that seems up to date! The one I downloaded last year has its bottom cut off, the one I found this morning has no date and is different from the one last year... Does this one look right to you?

Thai Visa Application Form Savannakhet.pdf

29 minutes ago, DualSportBiker said:

Hi, did you get the application form on-line? I am struggling to find one that seems up to date! The one I downloaded last year has its bottom cut off, the one I found this morning has no date and is different from the one last year... Does this one look right to you?

Thai Visa Application Form Savannakhet.pdf

The form you posted is for Vientiane and it is not the correct one for there now.

This form is the same one shown on the conulates website. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

For Vientiane this is the current form (print in color). Vientiane visa form.pdf 

• Like 1

As always Sir, you are most expedient and complete in your response! Thank you.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The form you posted is for Vientiane and it is not the correct one for there now.

This form is the same one shown on the conulates website. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

For Vientiane this is the current form (print in color). Vientiane visa form.pdf 

12 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

FWIW why is there instructions to print in colour? I didn't and there was no hesitation in accepting it in Vientiane.

Because some of the info on the form is red. It is just a preventive measure to insure they will accept the form.

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2018 at 8:30 PM, pomegranate said:

Just wondering why you were told, not to apply for a multi enter? I have done it for the last 2 years based on my child and it was not a problem. Embassies I applied at were Savannakhet (no bank details required) 2 yrs ago and Sydney ( bank details required) last year. Have things changed at Savannakhet?

On 2/21/2018 at 10:34 AM, recom273 said:

At Suvannakhet 10 people = busy.

1 hour ago, brancodug said:

Have things changed at Savannakhet?

Yes

They no longer will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai. Two years ago is about when they stopped doing them if you had your family with your to prove you were living together as a family.

On 2/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, PoorSucker said:

Penang can issue multiple entry non - O, but require proof of 400.000 baht in the bank

But then you could also apply at a Thai Immigration, or? 

OP, are you still married to the mother of your child? Just asking because a friend of mine is divorced, but has full custody. 

Would be eligible to receive one? 

P.S. You didn't mention a marriage certificate, that's why I'm asking. 

Edited by jenny2017

Ok Thanks Ubonjoe,  Can you tell me is Penang still doing it? with the financial requirements can my Thai bank statement and a letter from my employer (work outside Thailand ) be used, as proof of monthly income? Also, what is the best days and processing time? Thanks for any info and Sorry for hi-jacking your thread pomegranate

22 minutes ago, brancodug said:

Ok Thanks Ubonjoe,  Can you tell me is Penang still doing it? with the financial requirements can my Thai bank statement and a letter from my employer (work outside Thailand ) be used, as proof of monthly income? Also, what is the best days and processing time? Thanks for any info and Sorry for hi-jacking your thread pomegranate

Penang is doing them.

You can use any bank account and/or proof of income to meet the financial proof.

You may only get a single entry the first time you apply there.

On 22/2/2561 at 11:19 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi Ubonjoe,

Where on the Savannakhet visa form should I specify that I'm applying for a multiple entry based on marriage? (not a single entry). I hope to avoid getting only a single entry by mistake.

I recently got married to a Thai and will go to the Savannakhet consulate on Tuesday.

4 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

Where on the Savannakhet visa form should I specify that I'm applying for a multiple entry based on marriage? (not a single entry).

After selecting Non immigrant visa at the top of the form, write "MULTIPLE" to the right. You can also confirm this with the official when handing over the form and supporting documentation.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1