Govt probes Pheu Thai over links to Yingluck and Thaksin

webfact

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What about the military influencing parties to form Ahbisit government. Or Dem being influence by military. Like I say, it’s a can of worm and a trapdoor. 

No lobbyists. That is quite a stretch of imagination Rob. 

Eric,

I was wrong, about lobbyist we got them too.. but they don't have as much power as in the US. (had to actually read up on this as you don't hear much about it in the Netherlands)

But anyway nothing wrong with excluding convicted criminals from interfering with Thai politics. Its acutally a crazy situation where one man runs the show like Thaksin while he is a criminal on the run with several other corruption cases going on against him. In a normal democracy this certainly would not be allowed.. now finally they seem to understand that here too. 

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

What about Royal Dutch Shell?

That is if your country is the Netherlands?

Royal Dutch Shell is not a lobbyist its a company oil company to be more correct.

But this is not about lobbyist this is about Thaksin a convicted criminal who can select who will be the leader of the PTP. Totally different thing and levels of influence. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

Just now, AGareth2 said:

so how do you define a "lobbyist"?

I am not going this way its a total diversion. Look at my reply.

But this is not about lobbyist this is about Thaksin a convicted criminal who can select who will be the leader of the PTP. Totally different thing and levels of influence. 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

And the old Thaksin apologist continues to deflect away from his crimes with ridiculous claims. There may well have been worse than Thaksin in the past, I am concerned with the problems of my time in Thailand, and he wins my vote for criminal of that time.

1 hour ago, Becker said:

And what claims might they be?

I'm waiting for an answer, or can we conclude that you're still full of....hot air?

1 minute ago, Becker said:

Well, since the judicial system in Thailand is not exactly impartial the result will be that droves of unconvicted criminals who support the "right" side can continue to exert influence while the convicted criminals from the "wrong" side cannot.

Seems to me that the unconvicted criminals in the junta who hijacked the whole country and never will be convicted of anything that they've done (they did after all grant themselves the mother of all amnesties) should definitively be banned from politics.

I have no problem with them being banned from politics, but I do have problems with the notion that because you let one thief go you should let them all go. I say convict them all but if that is not possible then convicting 1 better than none at all. 

Edited by robblok
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, halloween said:

In a monochromatic view, I would agree. Having evolved enough to perceive variations of grey, I applaud any steps to remove these parasitic vermin from the country. IMHO the biggest fault with the 2006 coup was that the didn't shoot the bastard.

IMHO, once this coup, Junta thing is finally over and the Generals are removed from power, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who had anything major to do with the 2014 coup and the removal of an elected govt, should be hung in public. For treason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halloween said:

And the old Thaksin apologist continues to deflect away from his crimes with ridiculous claims. There may well have been worse than Thaksin in the past, I am concerned with the problems of my time in Thailand, and he wins my vote for criminal of that time.

Wow.

Bit blinkered there...

Obviously wearing the Yellow tinted Zen shades today...

3 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

IMHO, once this coup, Junta thing is finally over and the Generals are removed from power, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who had anything major to do with the 2014 coup and the removal of an elected govt, should be hung in public. For treason.

Interesting opinion. IMHO removing elected criminals robbing the country and suborning the police while attempting to legislate an amnesty for their crimes should be considered patriotism. But if you think a fugitive criminal should be able to bribe his way to control of a country and call it democracy, up to you.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Becker said:

I'm waiting for an answer, or can we conclude that you're still full of....hot air?

Why should i bother? I referred to your fatuous claim that corruption and nepotism began with Thaksin, as if I or anybody else believes that. He did however take it to a whole new level......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Becker said:

Well, well, well. The old junta apologist is still around. Good to see that although your admiration for the junta has waned (?) your hatred for the bogeyman is very much alive.

Because as we all know corruption and nepotism started in Thailand with Thaksin...:coffee1:

'Because we all know corruption and nepotism started in Thailand with Thaksin'.

Your words. Who else has made such a statement?

My opinion (just my opinion) most Thais and aware foreigners wouldn't agree with your opportune statement, they know well that C and N have been rampant for decades, but many also know that T ramped it up enormously and openly. 

And now the chicken comes home to roost.

Yes yes I know, but illegal coup etc etc.....

52 minutes ago, halloween said:

Interesting opinion. IMHO removing elected criminals robbing the country and suborning the police while attempting to legislate an amnesty for their crimes should be considered patriotism. But if you think a fugitive criminal should be able to bribe his way to control of a country and call it democracy, up to you.

Who'd a thunk it? Suthep and the Yellows as Patriots...

Learn something (blindingly obvious) every day on here...

Not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Becker said:

So it's "patriotic" to overthrow a legal government, suspend basic human rights, grant themselves a blanket amnesty, jail people indefinitely via military tribunals where they have no rights of appeal nor representation and then proceed to ignore corruption scandal after corruption scandal within their own ranks.

Tell me; do you think it's even remotely possible for people to take you seriously based on such statements??

How about both examples are what is wrong with Thailand.. what Thaksin did and YL was totally wrong and now the junta is wrong too. Because I can't believe you think that its good for a convicted criminal to run Thailand from a distance while trying to get an amnesty for himself and put up a crooked rice program. 

Then came the junta and they did their wrongs as you pointed out.. but that does not make it right what the PTP and Thaksin did. 

Is it so hard to convict both sides ?

Just now, robblok said:

How about both examples are what is wrong with Thailand.. what Thaksin did and YL was totally wrong and now the junta is wrong too. Because I can't believe you think that its good for a convicted criminal to run Thailand from a distance while trying to get an amnesty for himself and put up a crooked rice program. 

Then came the junta and they did their wrongs as you pointed out.. but that does not make it right what the PTP and Thaksin did. 

time for an election. they've had time to thwart the violence. now it's time for a voted in government

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, robblok said:

Both sides are, as you say, examples of what's wrong with Thailand but due to the judicial system being strongly influenced by one side will will not see any convictions on the "right" side for the foreseeable future. Or do you really think a guy like Prawit will be convicted of anything?

So to answer your question; yes, its is so hard to convict both sides even if I would have loved to see all the main characters serve hard time - preferably sharing a hot and smelly prison cell.

Edited by Becker

Various countries have rulings, AU has Outlawed bikie gangs  and terrorist so if you associate with them they may take retaliatory action, Guess Mr T and Yingluck being on the run constitutes something. Thailand politically is in a mess look at the choice of candidates then on the other hand U have the Junta great your choice, looks more like the AU government everyday...........................................:cheesy:  

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I find these stories hilarious.

After four years, with total control over the government, article 44, sitting in the PM's chair, a rubber-stamp 'legislature', control over the "anti-corruption agency", etc. etc. etc....

... they are still terrified by a single photo of Thaksin and/or Yingluck. And haunted by the fact that if there were free and fair elections, either Thaksin or Yingluck would win easily.

That must just gnaw at his soul...

unfortunately this is with out any doubt true. He is the people's favourite. The current would be the most hated of all time. 

59 minutes ago, Becker said:

Both sides are, as you say, examples of what's wrong with Thailand but due to the judicial system being strongly influenced by one side will will not see any convictions on the "right" side for the foreseeable future. Or do you really think a guy like Prawit will be convicted of anything?

So to answer your question; yes, its is so hard to convict both sides even if I would have loved to see all the main characters serve hard time - preferably sharing a hot and smelly prison cell.

Yes I would love to see them all share a prison cell together. (we can dream)

It is true that you wont see many convictions on the "right" side but that does not mean IMHO that the other side should get away with its transgressions. That is like saying forget about it all they can all do what they want and nobody has ever have to look at the laws. I just can't accept that.