Investigators seek more time to crack lottery case

webfact

Investigators seek more time to crack lottery case

By The Nation

1609662e4b1071bae469045e0e8b3c1c.jpeg

The Crime Suppression Department (CSD) chief on Wednesday said police needed more time for investigations before it could conclude who was the real owner of the winning Bt30-million lottery.

Pol Maj-General Maitri Chimcherd urged media not to publish speculative reports, as it would cause confusion among the public.

“The investigative team is working hard and putting in their best efforts to find out the legitimate owner of the ticket,” he said.

Two individuals, a teacher and a retired police officer, both residents of Kanchanaburi province, have claimed ownership of the ticket that won the November 1 draw.

The case was initially under the jurisdiction of Kanchanaburi police, which recently revealed that the ticket belonged to teacher Preecha Kraikruan, 60, and not retired officer Charoon Wimul, 62.

Seventh Region police commander Pol Lt-General Kittipong Ngammuk said the local police had come to the conclusion based on witness testimonies, however there was no evidence to back up the claim.

National police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda then ordered the case to be taken over by the CSD amidst rumours that the Kanchanaburi police had sided with the teacher.

Maitri told reporters on Wednesday that he himself went to receive files of the investigation from Kanchanaburi police after the case was transferred.

“The CSD has obtained two cases concerning the lottery –Preecha’s complaints against Charoon for allegedly receiving stolen items or embezzlement, and Charoon’s complaint against Preecha for filing false reports,” Maitri said.

However, he said, there were a lot of documents in the files of Preecha’s complaints against Charoon while nothing had been done about Charoon’s complaint against Preecha.

He assured that the police were not trying to drag their feet on the case but the investigation has to be thorough and careful in order to get answers to questions about the case.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30339383

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-21

Ha ha! As soon as we read that the 'police need more time to investigate' and that people should not 'speculate' so that they don't 'become confused'  - we know that the magnificent and highly honest police are going to give us a wholly truthful and dependable investigative 'result'!

• Like 1

I was sure I’d seen a couple of threads saying it was the teachers and another last week saying that it was the cops!!
Wasn’t there early on a comment from the cop offering half the money to the teacher?
To be honest I can’t keep up with some of the crap these fools spiel about different subjects!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Investigators need more time !!!!!

More time for the opposing parties to up  the offers, 1 million is simply not enough.:post-4641-1156693976:

that may very well be the case here; plenty of money involved; i bet the person that turned the winning tickets in has engaged in some back room talks;

'sure the money is frozen at the moment, let's just call it 'future considerations'