Up to Prawit to resign from advising anti-graft body, says co-deputy PM Wissanu

snoop1130

Up to Prawit to resign from advising anti-graft body, says co-deputy PM Wissanu

By The Nation

108ba14dfe4c8c49254187fd7ad90989.jpeg

This December 4, 2017 photo shows the ruling junta’s second-in-command, Deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan, covering his eyes while displaying a watch he is wearing during a photo call with other members of a new cabinet in Bangkok. / AFP PHOTO

It is up to luxury watch-wearing Deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan to decide whether he will step down from advising a government anti-graft body, said Deputy PM Wissanu Krea-ngam on Thursday.

Wissanu was responding to a call for PM General Prayut Chan-o-cha, to ask Prawit to resign from advising the board of directors of the Centre for National Anti-Corruption (CNAC).

“To resign or not it’s up to Prawit,” responded Wissanu. “And to oust him or not, it depends on another person.” Prawit has never attended meetings of the CNAC, he added.

Tortrakul Yomnak, chairman of a CNAC sub-committee of the board, submitted a letter to Prayut on behalf of the board chairman. The letter called on Prayut to take action against Prawit, by asking the scandal-clad deputy PM to resign from the post.

Prawit has been hit with an ongoing watch scandal since last December, when he was first seen wearing a luxury watch costing more than Bt2 million and a diamond ring. Prawit later was exposed by social media for wearing around 25 luxury watches with a worth estimated to exceed Bt30 million, and failing to declare them in his assets listing to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC). 

The agency is investigating the origin of the watches. Prawit said they were borrowed from his friends, some of whom had died, and had already returned them to their owners.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339463

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-2-22

So what is the difference between the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) and the Centre for National Anti-Corruption (CNAC) ? Both the organisations seem to be filled with a lot of gentlemen with big titles. What do they all do i wonder ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So what is the difference between the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) and the Centre for National Anti-Corruption (CNAC) ? Both the organisations seem to be filled with a lot of gentlemen with big titles. What do they all do i wonder ? 
No difference, just put more people on government payroll.
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, saakura said:

Seems like you are looking for a lot of answers, my friend. I will try my best to straigthen this mess up.

1. The differens between NACC and CNAC? The only differens here is how the combination order of letters have been matched.

2. Gentlemen with big titles? You must means the trendy expression "BIGWIGS".

3. What they all do? Here there is no help to find. Nobody knows that.

• Haha 2

On 2/22/2018 at 6:01 AM, saakura said:

Hard to credibly investigate corruption when you are both so corrupt?

On 2/22/2018 at 6:01 PM, saakura said:

See my post #21