U.S. evangelist Graham 'followed Jesus all the way to heaven,' son says

rooster59

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

There's nothing that Jesus said that made it mandatory for Graham to keep all or most or even a lot of the many. Buit there is a lot that Jesus said that would require him to give it all away.

something about it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven (Billy crossed that one out)

14 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

something about it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven (Billy crossed that one out)

And there's this one:

19: Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth
and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Matthew 19:20

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

And there's this one:

19: Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth
and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Matthew 19:20

Translated;- discard the ego, the me, and attain detachment from all things and events. I have managed the detachment bit but the ego....I shall rest on my laurels,although come to think of it with detachment there isn't much ego left, but I don't think God will like me anyway, I cant play the harp and I fall through clouds.

21 hours ago, Beats56 said:

There is some sick people here that have no idea of people he led.to Christ. Millions and you think the millions that was donated was for him. Well think again. Hé lived a humble life. The money is used for his ministry. If he did wrong he will answer for it. How about you.

What will you say when you get there.

IMG_2712.jpg

I am amazed by the stupendous arrogance of the son.

I would have thought that the only one who knows whether he went to heaven-or not-would be God.

And whether SHE takes any interest in it is up to her.:smile:

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

I might eventually have net worth of about $1 Million USD (over my dead body).  But it's been hard work and luck and I'm not smiling about it. Just putting away a bit for the wife and kiddies, as Dads do. How many of these rich folks have sat by the side of the road and talked with a real monk about how much life sucks?   Need to get them to Isaan and bop around.  :)

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well old Billy is either with Jesus or he ain't.

No way of knowing either way. 

The smart money is that religion is just a bunch of fairy tales to comfort people about death. Oh well!

Religion is also a very good mechanism for determining who is "us" and who are the "others".

I agree with your observation about death but fear of abandonment,of being outside the protection of the group,is also very important...

A sort of "Sorry to abandon you old buddy but the tribe has to move on,may the Great Black Bull of the White Umfolozi river protect you!"

Edited by Odysseus123

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, Beats56 said:

There is some sick people here that have no idea of people he led.to Christ. Millions and you think the millions that was donated was for him. Well think again. Hé lived a humble life. The money is used for his ministry. If he did wrong he will answer for it. How about you.

What will you say when you get there.

Well like any normal , rational person ,  I would  mention   the good things, donations to churches,  family , friends in need and I would present that . You seem to imply that that anyone who doesn't follow your form of religion is going to cop it .

Most of us don't buy that , however  doesn't mean we are any less of a moral  person than you are .

8 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

Well like any normal , rational person ,  I would  mention   the good things, donations to churches,  family , friends in need and I would present that . You seem to imply that that anyone who doesn't follow your form of religion is going to cop it .

Most of us don't buy that , however  doesn't mean we are any less of a moral  person than you are .

Define 'morality' anyway, an eye for an eye in the old testament,God drowned everybody, man woman and child except for Noah's family (incest anyone to restart the human race) because they were so wicked,in his hissy fit he even drowned the poor animals as well, God thought it OK to have someone killed for working on the Sabbath, seems to have been a nasty piece of work although he apparently mellowed with age.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:08 PM, Odysseus123 said:

I am amazed by the stupendous arrogance of the son.

I would have thought that the only one who knows whether he went to heaven-or not-would be God.

And whether SHE takes any interest in it is up to her.:smile:

Maybe Billy's got a GPS device?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, soalbundy said:

Define 'morality' anyway, an eye for an eye in the old testament,God drowned everybody, man woman and child except for Noah's family (incest anyone to restart the human race) because they were so wicked,in his hissy fit he even drowned the poor animals as well, God thought it OK to have someone killed for working on the Sabbath, seems to have been a nasty piece of work although he apparently mellowed with age.

Well  always thought these were just general rules passed down and embellished over hundreds of years . Same as the Muslims , Buddhists and just about every other religion has . Not a bad thing in itself it's just when people take these  beliefs  too  literally ...........wouldn't fancy a stoning  just for eyeing someone up !

22 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

Well  always thought these were just general rules passed down and embellished over hundreds of years . Same as the Muslims , Buddhists and just about every other religion has . Not a bad thing in itself it's just when people take these  beliefs  too  literally ...........wouldn't fancy a stoning  just for eyeing someone up !

Stoning, ha ! reminds me of the guy to be stoned in 'the life of Brian'

Jehova,Jehova.Jehova. Brilliant.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:07 PM, Jingthing said:

Well old Billy is either with Jesus or he ain't.

No way of knowing either way. 

The smart money is that religion is just a bunch of fairy tales to comfort people about death. Oh well!

And nobody really knows who put the fairy tales into one book.

27 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And nobody really knows who put the fairy tales into one book.

Well we do really. From the crook that was Paul all the way through to the Council of Nicaea early in the 4th Century A.D.

The council left out all the 'books' that would expose the falsehoods in the story they had created, those books have either since been discovered and are now only printed after years of being under lock and key or they rot in a dark deep corner of the Vatican. Funny isn't it that until the Council of Nicaea there was absolutely no reference to Hell, eternal damnation, fire and brimstone etc etc. The Emperor Constantine wanted a way in which to control the new 'Christians' that he was now the world leader of, so him and his buddies came up with a tale of fear and terror - Hell, burning, eternal pain and suffering and there was born the present say idea of christianity and life after death. It is ALL a con. It was written and preaching on it commenced in 325 A.D. Bad boys!