VIDEO: Fearless or stupid? Couple take dizzying selfie on top of Pattaya crane

snoop1130

VIDEO: Fearless or stupid? Couple take dizzying selfie on top of Pattaya crane

pattaya.png

A daredevil couple in Pattaya have shown the extreme lengths people will go to take a selfie.

On Tuesday footage of a couple, believed to be Russian, was shared on social media scaling the 'highest crane in Pattaya'.

Armed with nothing more than a selfie stick and a backpack, the couple can be seen clinging on to the top of the derelict crane as they partake in their death-defying photoshoot.

In the background is a stunning panoramic view of Pattaya.

The footage is every bit as as surreal as it is impressive.

Had the couple slipped they wouldn't have had a chance of surviving.

It isn't exactly clear when the footage was taken.

It is also not known if police are aware of the footage.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-6

21 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

It's a popular pastime among young thrill seekers.Youtube is chocker with it.  Why not? Life's supposed to be lived, not eked away in fearful mediocrity, on a slow-speed merry-go-round of mundaneness. 

Agreed, but you won't catch me doing this any time soon. I saw a news item on TV a while back about this going on a lot in Russia. Life appears to be rather dull there.

Always puts me in mind of Philipppe Petit, the Frenchman who constructed, then walked a tightrope between the twin towers in New York.

Edited by champers

35 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

It's a popular pastime among young thrill seekers.Youtube is chocker with it.  Why not? Life's supposed to be lived, not eked away in fearful mediocrity, on a slow-speed merry-go-round of mundaneness. 

Yes, life is supposed to be lived, not falling from the top of a crane when you are 27

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Fearless or not who was the brave soul above them filming it...............:sorry:

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Camera on a hand held stick

It was meant as a light hearted comment hence the "I,m sorry" just wondering how many would fall for it.....congratulations sanemax you are the first.....:clap2:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

It's a popular pastime among young thrill seekers.Youtube is chocker with it.  Why not? Life's supposed to be lived, not eked away in

fearful mediocrity, on a slow-speed merry-go-round of mundaneness. 

Few of these wont live to tell, It's stupid mate..

i reckon if i were to go to the trouble id get clearer footage.

as for the danger, i dont see how climbing a ladder or walking up endless stairs is all that dangerous.

good for them.

I think that they are lying about their location, and they are really on the 55th floor of the building, with the slides to the ground. Just saying that they are on a crane to sound like heroes. I have seen that back ground scene from that building my self. Its in the background of the picture on the rightside

Geezer

DSCN0837.JPG