Gen Prawit says issues related to ICAO handled effectively

webfact

Gen Prawit says issues related to ICAO handled effectively

PNSOC610312001006301.jpg

BANGKOK, 13th March 2018 (NNT) - The national administration reform steering committee has highlighted Thailand's progress in addressing aviation safety issues. 

Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan chaired the committee meeting, where he was informed that 15 airlines have had their safety standards approved by the government. Five remaining airlines are still pending approval. Every airline is required to meet the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) safety requirements. 

The committee also approved the use of more boats and cranes to expedite the removal of illegally built structures on Ladphrao Canal in Bangkok. Gen Prawit instructed all related agencies to keep the public informed about the process, in a bid to create an accurate understanding.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-13

2 hours ago, webfact said:

required to meet the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) safety requirements. 

not often does thailand use sound judgement acknowledging international criticism; it does highlight that so often others have to highlight issues, thailand seems quite inept at policing itself and, heaven help us, use something called foresight

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eliotness said:

I thought this man's time was up after watchgate, but he has been very vocal of late, so I guess his reasons for having 25 luxury watches have been accepted. Along with his tailor lengthening his sleeves.

I thought his arms needed lengthening.