Student in Ayutthaya alleges teacher sought sex in exchange for passing grade

webfact

Student alleges teacher sought sex in exchange for passing grade

By The Nation

ay.jpg

File photo //Google maps

A 20-year-old high-school student in Ayutthaya filed a complaint with police on Monday, alleging a teacher attempted to have sex with her in exchange for a passing grade so that she can graduate.

The student filed a complaint with Muang Ayutthaya police station after she ran out of a motel where she said she had been taken by the teacher.

She said she contacted the 58-year-old teacher, asking him how she could pass a subject and graduate, after it was classified as “having no right for exam”.

She alleged the teacher asked her to meet him in front of a shopping mall in Muang district.

However, instead of driving her to school, she alleges the teacher drove her in the opposite direction. She alleged that she asked him to stop but the teacher kept on driving and tried to molest her.

She said she managed to take a picture of his hand on her thigh inside the car.

She alleged the teacher drove her to a motel and when he parked in front of a room she managed to run away and called friends to take her to file complaint.

The student alleged the teacher then called her and asked her not to file a complaint with police in exchange for more points to pass the subject.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30341313

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-20
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

And if i had 100 Baht for every time this happened i would be a Billionaire by now.

So glad the young people are waking up and reporting these scumbags these days.

But those in influential authority will usually get away with a small fine or in worst case "an inactive transfer".......

2 hours ago, rebo said:

I would never ever had even kept in consideration to ask a teacher/professor

because there was only one single answer to expect: "Learn, learn, learn!".
This question alone is an invitation for corruption.

Good points, however this scenario/appraoch has been common for many years; student gets poor grade / fail, student sends an e.mail to the lecturer 'what can I do to improve my grade?' All of this stuff well known by admin. and senior academic staff.

Some examples of this that i'm aware of:

- If I clean your house every week for 1 month, will you improve my grade?

- If I give blood 3 times ...

- If I help you with your shopping ...

- If I join you in a social activity...

At all the universities I have contact with it's now stopped. 

Further, it used to be common for many professors to allow 're-exam', which can have several meanings, most commonly student allowed to sit for same questions or different questions a few days after initial grades announced.

Also, professors must nowadays send an e.mail to the dean/director with a detailed specific explanation, reason to clearly prove there is a valid case to adjust a grade after the event. Professors not allowed to do this regularly.

And I was wondering how the #ell my Thai ex gf ever got her Masters Degree in Business Administration. My by then 12 year old son, who was living in Europe, knew more about it than she did.

Edited by PAIBKK

On 3/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, tryasimight said:

20 year old high school student???? 

Not real bright then. 

Or just from a poor family - plenty of families pull their kids out at a young age and get them to work. If they want to continue, they must complete the high school levels before moving on to anything higher.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:02 AM, webfact said:

She said she managed to take a picture of his hand on her thigh inside the car

But instead of this, we are treated to an amazing Google Map photo.

Pulizer Prize journalists.