Pressure maintained on Prawit over posh watches

webfact

Pressure maintained on Prawit over posh watches

By The Nation

5adcccc2ff91737a38071929b4462098.jpeg

Volunteer social worker Ticha Nanakorn plans to pressure the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to speed up its investigation into the luxury wristwatches sported by Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.

Ticha announced on Facebook on Tuesday that she would submit a letter the next day to NACC president Pol General Watcharapol Prasarnrajkit, urging him to take legal action against General Prawit, who has been seen wearing 25 different watches with a combined value of nearly Bt30 million.

Ticha initiated a petition at Change.org on January 31 to press Prawit to keep his promise to step down if citizens no longer wanted him in government.

As of February 15, 80,018 people had backed the petition calling for the minister to resign from the Cabinet. Ticha presented the results to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

On Tuesday, Ticha posted that Prawit had submitted his fourth written explanation about the origin of the watches to the NACC last week, yet it remained unclear whether the agency would summon him for a meeting or take any other action.

“Society is curious about the NACC’s action on this case,” Ticha wrote.

Tomorrow (Wednesday), she said, activists would stage a symbolic demonstration at NACC headquarters to indicate that delayed action is unjust and to reaffirm that Prawit must resign.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30341322

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-20

1 hour ago, franckfranck said:

In Dec he said he was ready. 3 months later he is not ready. Received even more watches and diamond rings?
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prawit-says-ready-answer-questions-luxurious-watch-diamond-ring/

As he's answered the questions that he's been asked and submitted four statements  explaining the watches, all within the time limits he was given by the NACC, what more could he have done?...

1 hour ago, webfact said:

On Tuesday, Ticha posted that Prawit had submitted his fourth written explanation about the origin of the watches to the NACC last week,

12 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I find it satisfyingly ironic that these inadequate men that had to use the threat of violence to gain power are now being exposed as grubby little fraudsters themselves.

Whilst I share your sentiment, I am afraid  the fact is that they simply don't give two hoots...

They don't care about the country, it's people's freedoms or well-being, it's laws or it's economy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

As he's answered the questions that he's been asked and submitted four statements  explaining the watches, all within the time limits he was given by the NACC, what more could he have done?...

Told the truth maybe?  Stepped down?

I love these junta huggers.  Better than the funnies in the papaers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

Told the truth maybe?  Stepped down?

I love these junta huggers.  Better than the funnies in the papaers.

And the truth is what?..without speculating.

"Better than the funnies in the papaers" [sic].

Clearly that's all that you read.

3 hours ago, mark01 said:

Has the dumb #£@& still not come up with a good reason for his "unusual" wealth? 555

Don't think he's even been asked about that. The question he's answering is why he didn't declare the watch/watches.

The NACC have already said if the the watches were borrowed then he didn't have to declare them.

The only reason they haven't put this to bed is the public hoo har, which must really piss them off! 

As to "unusual" wealth - they won't dare turn that stone over.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I find it satisfyingly ironic that these inadequate men that had to use the threat of violence to gain power are now being exposed as grubby little fraudsters themselves.

Underlying threat of violence but justified by a campaign to clear up corruption.

Yeah, right. Divert would have been a better choice of verb by the look of it.

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

And the truth is what?..without speculating.

"Better than the funnies in the papaers" [sic].

Clearly that's all that you read.

What the truth is ? How could a mere Thai army general get such an extensive collection of watches. I don't think speculation is needed here. It calls for a bit of common sense.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

What the truth is ? How could a mere Thai army general get such an extensive collection of watches. I don't think speculation is needed here. It calls for a bit of common sense.

You're speculating.  Were the watches his?  \

How about you using some common sense?  It may eventually turn out that you're right but you're not at this stage because you don't know what the truth is.

How about you using some common sense?  It may eventually turn out that you're right but you're not at this stage because you don't know what the truth is.
Borrowed? You wouldn't recognize common sense even if it was right in front of your face. Borrowed, get out of here

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It may eventually turn out you’re right?

Do you think the investigators come on TV and become swayed my members’ opinions? Such vitriol towards members who ‘speculate’ on his guilt, and in the same breath you say stuff like, “it may eventually turn out you’re right”. 

I know the truth. Guilty or not - he won’t be found guilty of any form of corruption connected to these watches. I once drove my friend’s expensive Mercerdes. If police had pulled me over and found out it wasn’t my car, the whole episode could have been cleared up in 5 minutes. Literally 5 mins. Even after I returned the car. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/20/2018 at 3:46 AM, colinneil said:

Ms Ticha i admire your stance, but sad to say ole fatty is untouchable.

Little p cannot allow anything to upset their little set up, so nothing what so ever will become of it.

Soon she will be condemned as instigating a political gathering or some other trumped up charge to silence her. If the Toad steps down Little p will not have much cover left and will face even more focus on his actions rather than his chubby sidekicks actions.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, mark01 said:

Has the dumb #£@& still not come up with a good reason for his "unusual" wealth? 555

As he is not being investigated for having unusual wealth, the answer to your question is obviously "no, because there is no reason for him to do so". 

37 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

As he is not being investigated for having unusual wealth, the answer to your question is obviously "no, because there is no reason for him to do so". 

I hope they are investigating him for unusual wealth. Being seen with '1' luxurious watch and saying you borrowed it is (amongst little rich men) sadly plausible. Being seen with (25) luxury watches and saying you borrowed them - no, no, no, no. We're going to want to see your bank accounts. Got nothing to hide? Show us. In fact, it's in your best interest to do so if you really did borrow the watches. 

People under investigation are innocent 'til proved guilty. That doesn't mean investigators have to treat them as such. They're under investigation for a reason. The investigators' job is to follow every lead and pull at every thread until they're content. What's the old saying?, "It ain't personal it's business". Or, "Got nothing to hide then don't worry". 

Don't want people delving into your personal s***? Don't draw attention to yourself, then. 

• Like 1

He isn't? Amazing. Actually not really amazing, it is not like the nacc is actually seriously investigating even the undeclared watches. This is not a PT politician, this guy is above the law and above suspicion.

Anyone denying the double standards is either blind or flat out lying.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Just what we expect from another Junta lover.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

Just what we expect from another Junta lover.

I'm glad that an accurate response was what you (who's the "we"?) expected because that's what you got.   Just for the record, I dislike the junta as much as the next man.