Urgent coach safety warning

webfact

14 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Seems the world standard for bus and heavy vehicles is 2.5 metres. So would suggest the assembly technician doesn't know his a-se from his elbow.

You just playing the ignorant or you really are one?

As per Department of Land Transport requirements, modified double-decker buses with eight wheels, two of which are added on, should not exceed 4 metres in height, while buses with the standard six wheels should not exceed 3.6 metres in height. 
Somprasong, quoting a bus assembler who did not want to be named, said most modified eight-wheel double-decker buses in Thailand were higher than 4.5 metres. Also, these buses seat between 50 and 55 passengers, when the standard is no more than 40, he said. 
Edited by janclaes47

15 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

You just playing the ignorant or you really are one?

As per Department of Land Transport requirements, modified double-decker buses with eight wheels, two of which are added on, should not exceed 4 metres in height, while buses with the standard six wheels should not exceed 3.6 metres in height. 
Somprasong, quoting a bus assembler who did not want to be named, said most modified eight-wheel double-decker buses in Thailand were higher than 4.5 metres. Also, these buses seat between 50 and 55 passengers, when the standard is no more than 40, he said. 

Ignorant, do you really understand the difference between vehicle height and axle width which was the point under discussion?

Suggest you get a good dictionary and study the difference.

And for being one (ignorant) suggest you review yourself firstly.

Edited by Artisi

Just now, Artisi said:

Ignorant, do you really understand the difference between vehicle height and axle width which was the point under discussion?

Suggest you get a good dictionary and study the difference.

Do you really understand that the higher the vehicle the wider the axle has to be, and that for a 2.5 meter axle the maximum height is 3.6 meter and 4.0 meter when have 8 wheels?

Thai double deckers are 4.5 meter.

Did you also not yet figure out, however you pretend to be an expert, that the axle width determines the stability in case of a slope test?

I think not, so I guess it's a hopeless task to educate you, but try to figure out why in the west they make wider axles if there is no need for.

"However, wider chassis are only made overseas, which would make the job of modifying the bus more expensive. "

Goodbye Artisi.

15 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I based my number on being at 90 degrees to the floor when standing and thus when lying down on floor, I thought that would be 180, but ......................not sure about Batman:smile:

Ha ha! We're not even singing from the same song-sheet.

My 90 degrees was the change in degrees from standing up to being comatose laying on the floor.

Hence my logic saw 180 degrees as going from standing vertically to being in an inverted position.

English is such a fun language. Any opportunity to misunderstand makes for much more entertaining posts.

As a further example: did you know that Poles are the best post impressionists?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Do you really understand that the higher the vehicle the wider the axle has to be, and that for a 2.5 meter axle the maximum height is 3.6 meter and 4.0 meter when have 8 wheels?

Thai double deckers are 4.5 meter.

Did you also not yet figure out, however you pretend to be an expert, that the axle width determines the stability in case of a slope test?

I think not, so I guess it's a hopeless task to educate you, but try to figure out why in the west they make wider axles if there is no need for.

"However, wider chassis are only made overseas, which would make the job of modifying the bus more expensive. "

Goodbye Artisi.

Suggest you go back and read the original posting I was questioning and then you just might understand instead of  butting in with irrelevant nonsense.

And as for goobye, best thing you've done all evening.

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Suggest you go back and read the original posting I was questioning and then you just might understand instead of  butting in with irrelevant nonsense.

And as for goobye, best thing you've done all evening.

Here is your original question.

The international axle width for buses with 8 wheels is 2.5 meter for a maximum height of 4.0 meter, while Thai buses are 4.5 meter.

And no most Thai double deckers are NOT build on well known manufacturers chassis, but have a chassis that is from an accident bus.

I quoted before an article from the bangkok post from 8 April 2014, that explained the whole issue with double decker buses in Thailand, but it was removed because BP is not allowed to be quoted.

11 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Here is your original question.

The international axle width for buses with 8 wheels is 2.5 meter for a maximum height of 4.0 meter, while Thai buses are 4.5 meter.

And no most Thai double deckers are NOT build on well known manufacturers chassis, but have a chassis that is from an accident bus.

I quoted before an article from the bangkok post from 8 April 2014, that explained the whole issue with double decker buses in Thailand, but it was removed because BP is not allowed to be quoted.

Wow, seems you just might be getting to understand that the standard international axle width is 2.5m which just happens to include Thailand, irrespective of what you or questionable technicians want to believe.

Now if Thailand want to build busses higher than the maximum sensible height which governs the centre of gravity and the roll-over capabilities that is entirely up to them (but it's not to Thai vehicle standards)

You might also come to understand that axle widths just can't be changed on standard build vehicles to suit what you or other il-informed might want, rules are rules and standards are standards - except Thailand where it's do as want until caught out.

I would also be interested in the names of the manufacturers who

manufacturer over standard width axles for bus and truck chassis's .

On 3/23/2018 at 4:25 AM, webfact said:

1,500 of which were fixed-route transport buses and the remaining 5,500 operating as private for-hire vehicles, which were more problematic, because most of those vehicles did not meet current safety standards, he said.

And the rest do? 

On 23/03/2018 at 11:39 PM, Jorgendk said:

It was properly break failure that caused it.
If you go down a steep hill with a heavy bus in high gear, and try to stop it interlay with the breaks, any breaks will overheat, and not work for long.

So brake failure is the cause, but it was driver fault that caused the brake to fail.

These unnecessarily accidents will however newer stop before the government put a stop to letting substandard drivers drive the busses.

Depends on maintenance. Commercial vehicles require a lot more maintenance.