NACC is expected to rule on the wristwatch and diamond ring controversy today (March 29)

webfact

NACC is expected to rule on the wristwatch and diamond ring controversy March 29

By Thai PBS

prawit2.jpg

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) is due to decide on the controversy concerning Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon’s expensive wristwatches and a diamond ring Thursday afternoon (March 29).

The anti-graft watchdog will base its resolution on the findings of a panel which has spent four months investigating the case.

An informed source close to the NACC said that the investigation by the panel focused on two issues:  firstly, whether Gen Prawit, also Defence Minister, deliberately refused to declare the pricey wristwatches and the diamond ring to the NACC and, secondly, whether the wristwatches and diamond were ill-gotten gains.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-expected-rule-wristwatch-diamond-ring-controversy-march-29/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-29

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

4 months on something seemingly so simple !; friend of mine called thailand a 'fake country'; seems in this case we have a fake 'probe' invariably leading to 'fake justice'

[sarcasm mode:on]

When I translated 'fake probe' and 'fake justice' into Thai and then back into English, it just came up with 'misunderstanding'.

Odd.

[sarcasm mode:off]

• Haha 1

Let me quess the outcome. The NACC ruled that the wrist watches and diamond ring were not his and therefore no need to declare. The NACC conclude that he must "return" those items back to the rightful owners or their families. Case close. 

• Like 1

Of course, he will be found not guilty, and then he can start a process in court against all that have said that he was guilty. Welcome to Thailand, the country where money talks and corruption is a way of living.

• Like 1

I have not seen where all the items were surrendered for valuation and checking of manufacturers numbers and checking the sales information, easily detected by sales tax reporting? 

Was any of this done to our knowledge? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rosst said:

I have not seen where all the items were surrendered for valuation and checking of manufacturers numbers and checking the sales information, easily detected by sales tax reporting? 

Was any of this done to our knowledge? 

What?  You mean a proper investigation? Are you serious?  555

• Like 1

Submarine deal - who care? Statues in a park ? No case! Red Bull Case? Suspect prancing around the globe.  Naughty Clergy?  Off to the USofA?  Human Trafficking? What Human Trafficking? We know where this is going - so I won't hold my breath.

• Thanks 1