British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

fda70915364c07b6bc50b10b5f866665.jpeg

Image: The Nation

A British man is in police custody after allegedly kicking his wife to death in fit of rage at a house in Ubon Ratchathani.

Kevin Smitham, 51, reportedly beat his wife Kanda, 29, after he refused to have sex with him and he accused her of having an affair, Banmuang reported.

Locals said that they heard the pair arguing around 10pm on Sunday evening.

However, it wasn’t until the next morning when a local monk found the body of Ms Kanda outside the property in Det Udom district.

Smitham reportedly admitted the attack, telling police he pushed his wife to the ground, before stamping on her twice and strangling her. He then dragged her body outside, covered it with a blanket and left it there until it was discovered on Monday morning.

ks.jpg

Kanda Smitham

Despite admitting the attack he said he did not mean to kill his wife.

The couple are reportedly residents of Pattaya and have three children together.

They had been visiting Ms Kanda’s relatives in Ubon Ratchathani during Songkran.

According to her Facebook page, Kanda Smitham ran a popular fitness Facebook page with more than 28,000 followers.

Source: Banmuang

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-16
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I wonder how many will attribute this to the fragile farang ego and how many will comment on kicking someone who is down. I mean those are the things I read about when a Thai does something. Now that a foreigner does it... wonder how the comments will be.

I hope this guy rots in jail for what he has doen.

I agree 100% with your first paragraph...and there will likely be more posters complaining as to why his nationality was mentioned!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Why did he marry her and what was he expecting in return ?

Why did she marry him and what was she expecting in return ?

RIP of course....

Im sure she did not expect him to kill her.

Reading in the BKK post he expected her to have sex with her whenever he wanted.. at least it states in that article he became angry that she did not want to have sex with him and then he kicked her in the head. 

• Like 1

Kevin Smitham, 51, reportedly beat his wife Kanda, 29, after he refused to have sex with him and he accused her of having an affair, Banmuang reported.

I assume it's misspelled and his wife was a woman. Accusing her of having an affair with another man, doesn't mean that she had one.

Smitham reportedly admitted the attack, telling police he pushed his wife to the ground, before stamping on her twice and strangling her. He then dragged her body outside, covered it with a blanket and left it there until it was discovered on Monday morning.

"Pushed her to the ground, stamping on her twice and strangling her." But he wasn't trying to kill her?

What a sad and unnecessary death of a Thai woman. He should get what he deserves. RIP> 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

Looking at her Facebook page they have three young chldren. 

That makes it even worse, hopefully their father (if he is their father, or at least their guardian) slammed up for a very long time hopefully, their mum murdered by their father, god what a mess RIP is all one can say now for the their poor mother, and God help them in their future life!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic for the kids. They have now effectively lost mum and dad in one hit.

I see the frustration in many people with a local wife, but terrible to see such frustration grow to this point.

If there is that much frustration.. why not divorce ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

I assume it's misspelled and his wife was a woman. Accusing her of having an affair with another man, doesn't mean that she had one.

"Pushed her to the ground, stamping on her twice and strangling her." But he wasn't trying to kill her?

What a sad and unnecessary death of a Thai woman. He should get what he deserves. RIP> 

I think its standard to say after a murder that he was not trying to kill her. I mean its the standard it was an accident excuse that you see used here by many Thai males.. now a foreigner does it... we are not that different. Once in trouble everyone lies to get out of trouble.. few really fes up to it. 

But its sad to see this happening. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

I'm a Brit,and  I say throw the book at him. The poor wife murdered because she 'refused to have sex'. Every woman has the right to say NO. Just because you are married doesn't give you ownership of her body, or some special right, in any way whatsoever.

I accept that every woman has the right to say NO, hence the huge numbers of rapes reported. I am not sure about Thai law, but is it a crime for a man to rape his legal wife ? Of course rape is an act of violence but better than murder where there are three offspring involved

• Confused 1