Woman riding bike killed after being hit by Porsche

webfact

1 hour ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Why not dash-cams should be made compulsory for expensive cars, so that their speeds can be assessed by police in case of accidents.

????

Only expensive cars????

Do mean cars like my

Rolls Kanardly ??

Edited by overherebc

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

????

Only expensive cars????

Do mean cars like my

Rolls Kanardly ??

Yah!

Ordinary cars driven by ordinary drivers who want to drive to live. They know how to follow the safety rules, because they have a family to support back home.

I am tanking about people who are living for driving, these drivers are supported by rich dads,  and paid for driving reckless.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

The bike looks so well maintained as well looking at the wheels and tyres. Maybe so old and suffering from rust a good kick on the front would have folded it up.

The frames of scooters are a better joke. 

Scooter frame.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Yah!

Ordinary cars driven by ordinary drivers who want to drive to live. They know how to follow the safety rules, because they have a family to support back home.

I am tanking about people who are living for driving, these drivers are supported by rich dads,  and paid for driving reckless.

Does that include me?

Fabricate my own manifold and polish it inside, same with inlet/outlet ports etc, change the fuel delivery system just to get a few extra horses under the bonnet.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

I reckon the vast majority of the 'hang them because they have a fast car' brigade wouldn't know a fast car if it jumped up and bit them on the arse.

Try driving a 'fast car' in a back alley here and you would be lucky to reach 50 kph because of the height and suspension combined with the potholes etc.

Did the bike have lights on? I don't know, do you?

Did the bike actually have working lights? I don't know, do you?

Did the bike rider have a licence? I don't know, do you?

The only 'assumption' I would make from the damage to the bike is from the fact that that the front is folded over and that might happen 'if' the bike swerved to miss one of the afore mentioned potholes and went front first into the car, but, that is really speculation on my part so even I am discounting it.

What does having a fast car have to do with anything ? I don't have a car or a bike, should I be jealous of the crappy bike riders as well as the fast car drivers ?

I much prefer to use my feet thanks. If I wanted a fast car I could quite easy go and buy one.

So the bike drove straight into the path of the car. Both rider and passenger would have hit the windscreen and the airbags would have activated. As well as the windscreen being smashed.

Silly me, Of course not because the bike rider didn't have his lights on or a helmet. So the car knew that and deactivated the smash window/airbag procedure as per the manual.

2 minutes ago, berybert said:

What does having a fast car have to do with anything ? I don't have a car or a bike, should I be jealous of the crappy bike riders as well as the fast car drivers ?

I much prefer to use my feet thanks. If I wanted a fast car I could quite easy go and buy one.

So the bike drove straight into the path of the car. Both rider and passenger would have hit the windscreen and the airbags would have activated. As well as the windscreen being smashed.

Silly me, Of course not because the bike rider didn't have his lights on or a helmet. So the car knew that and deactivated the smash window/airbag procedure as per the manual.

Even for a wind up merchant you have an extremely vivid imagination.

1 hour ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Yah!

Do you know what a Rolls Kanardly is?

3 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Why not dash-cams should be made compulsory for expensive cars, so that their speeds can be assessed by police in case of accidents.

why limited to the expensive cars? A dash cam costs about 2-3000 Baht in a shop. In case of a big order, the price should be far much cheaper. anyhow, 3000 Baht is not a serious money when buying a car.

Edited by ostyan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, berybert said:

Changed lanes ? It looks like a 1 way each way back alley. So my guess would be the bike was overtaking the car, the car driver got offended and put his foot down to stop it happening. 

The car is right there in front of the police surely it is taken to a pound and checked over and they also don't need to be presented with the dash cam footage, they already have it.

Guess he just needs time to doctor the footage to prove him to be right.

Thank you Sherlock for your wonderful conclusion based on absolutely no evidence. Scotland Yard must be missing your skills...555

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, berybert said:

Really ? Don't you think that might be where the accident might have taken place ? How do you change lanes in a back alley ? 

Look at the oil. petrol pool in front of the car and the trail of it from behind and up to the car, you think that might have come from the bike ? 

Ever heard a picture paints a thousand words. 

That's an "oil. petrol pool from the car" [sic]?  How do you know that?

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Why just for "expensive cars" when majority of accidents n Thailand do not involve expensive cars?   Do dash cams record and retain speed details, isn't GPS needed for that?

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why just for "expensive cars" when majority of accidents n Thailand do not involve expensive cars?   Do dash cams record and retain speed details, isn't GPS needed for that?

I guess most drivers in Thailand know there is a driver insurance discount for having a dash cam.

Does not need to involve  "expensive" cars.   Just get a dash cam if you drive a car in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Rgreen88 said:

I'm pretty impressed the Porsche driver stopped and waited for police.  It seems that usually drivers of expensive cars here usually take off in these types of accidents.

He realized there was a surviving witness 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

Thank you Sherlock for your wonderful conclusion based on absolutely no evidence. Scotland Yard must be missing your skills...555

No evidence other than  photo.

But you can be sure Bangkok's finest will sort it out with no money crossing hands.

If only I had your belief in their professionalism.

2 hours ago, berybert said:

Show me where I said it was from the car ? 

What else does this from your post suggest?..

"Look at the oil. petrol pool in front of the car and the trail of it from behind and up to the car, you think that might have come from the bike ?"  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, berybert said:

Why wouldn't I ? The Car is in a back alley with the driver his passenger and the police. 

Looking at the second photo with the smashed up bike it doesn’t look like a back alley. 

17 hours ago, berybert said:

Changed lanes ? It looks like a 1 way each way back alley. So my guess would be the bike was overtaking the car, the car driver got offended and put his foot down to stop it happening. 

The car is right there in front of the police surely it is taken to a pound and checked over and they also don't need to be presented with the dash cam footage, they already have it.

Guess he just needs time to doctor the footage to prove him to be right.

Nice one Sherlock... you obviously polish your "crystal ball" every day... 

Just more insane supposition from someone who know nothing of the facts!

• Haha 1