want 2 number 4x4 wood house units

notrub

Good morning!  I am trying to find 2 4x4 house units.  In Canada we call it stick framing and they will be studs with a clapboard siding.  No floor.

I would prefer an open wood framed roof structure but a metal frame and drop ceiling will do.  No interior wall finish.  These units will be placed on a 4x12  meter raised foundation (2.7 m) with a 4 meter open space between for outside living or whatever.  Windows can be aluminium and one wood door each.  These will be guest units for visitors, not rented.  Kitchen and shower/toilet(s) on ground floor down some concrete stairs.

Where to start looking?  Not into high priced bespoke building, just simple functional units.  Is there an area in Thailand that makes these or in a nearby country?  We are in Isaan and this area is famous for silk, both raw thread and woven cloth.  Anywhere like this for small wood cabins?  They could be shipped as studs and siding and erected on site. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pretty well every village in Thailand has a go-to man for simple construction jobs, ask around the village office or look for a place under construction and ask there.

Remember, if you use anything other than decent hardwood the local wildlife will find it delicious.

Wood is expensive here and hardwood to survive critters is often only found in best doors these days  Prefab seems to be limited to Thai style homes at a few locations and not a cheap option.  Termites do love affordable wood.  

Further south from Korat I have seen wood house fabrication being done by the roadside and being sold from there too.  I went to our 'go to' guys here once and that was plenty thanks.  Fortunately they made such a mess of some simple jobs that left even the village people tsk tsking and shaking their heads.  We had to pay most of the bill but we escaped with our reputation intact.  Mr. Ya still turns away when he sees me but the other 7 or 8 are OK.   Ans why should they not be?  Do a crap job and get paid for it.  My wife's family is from here for generations and a few thousand was worth it to keep things smooth locally.  BUT, never again.

I have a guy from Buriram with a team of 4, all family, and they are great.  My new pool will be finished soon and 100m2 of terrace too.  Contact me for his details but Thai, Laos and Cambodian are their languages.  Great, honest people.