Schweinehund! Thief makes off with 200,000 baht worth of German's valuables

webfact

Get robbed by the resort staf, 100%.  the see you come and go and then enter your room and steal your things.

Hapened to me in pattaya, Queen Pattaya  hotel.  But i kept my money whit me..

• Like 1

Those small safes can easily be opened (checkout u tube).

I live on the 9th floor and have a safe. It weighs 260 kilos and it took five men to put it in my office!

Whats in it? Nothing other than some simple items. Like to see someone try it on with that! 

Moral is...take care where you store your valuables..

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Looks like they entered through one of those simple sliding doors from the pool area.

Not much expertise/force needed to get those open.

Security does not seem to be a strength of this resort.

Completely agree. Very lax security. Anyone could get inside. I lived there.

She was probably spotted checking in decked out in all this gold and marked out already.

Seems an inordinate amount of currency to be carrying too.

Such a quandary, wear it and have the daughter go on the scrounge seeing such wealth... or have it ripped off your neck by a passing motorcycle punk, carry it in  a handbag and risk the same snatch by punk.. or book a hotel with a safe and have a relaxing evening without worries!

My Mrs sold off most of the gold I gave her over the years, with my agreement, as she fears wearing it, so what is the point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Did he keep his shirts in the safe too? I know he lost some valuables, but there is no need to lose your dignity also. Parading around in front of the natives in his underpants. 

More better if wife lose shirt would make life worth waking up for, don't worry about valuables wifey and daughter no worries

She was probably spotted checking in decked out in all this gold and marked out already.
Seems an inordinate amount of currency to be carrying too.

Such a quandary, wear it and have the daughter go on the scrounge seeing such wealth... or have it ripped off your neck by a passing motorcycle punk, carry it in  a handbag and risk the same snatch by punk.. or book a hotel with a safe and have a relaxing evening without worries!

My Mrs sold off most of the gold I gave her over the years, with my agreement, as she fears wearing it, so what is the point.

I always wondered why they sold all the gold I gave them...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It seems they were the only target?

Why? The total value is quite high but I would think not unusual. So why them? Maybe reclaiming a debt...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

The thief carried the safe back, so there must have been 2 thieves at the very least, and they must have come in a motorbike.  The motorbike must have entered the condo precincts, because it would look extremely awkward for someone to carry a safe and walk out of the condo precincts.

So the motorbike entered the condo, parked at the condo and the thieves went around searching for an easy target on the ground floor.  There were many vacant units, and if the lights were off you would hardly know which would be the one with the hidden treasure.  The thieves managed to find the "jackpot" unit among so many units.  I'm very sure it's inside job.

The Building Manager needs to be interrogated as he could be complicit to the crime.  Both the Building Manager and Juristic Manager should be hauled up to the court for criminal negligence for extremely lax security that encouraged crimes.

Did anyone notice that there was NO CCTV footage ?  So it's not just the guards were sleeping.  They knew there would be no CCTV footage of anything - motorbike entered and left the condo - post event for any investigation to bear fruit.

21 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

Most hotels do not cover any valuables lost /stolen, safe or no safe.  I try to avoid using hotel safes. I would however lock the safe to make it seem as if I kept my valuables there... In reality they are likely hidden in a pile of clothes, preferably dirty.

I cannot say if this approach works are has any merit, as my hotel room was never burglarized.  

thank you for precious tip in public sar, .....the next time me clean your rooom,  me look and fumble in you dirty clothes for sure...hi hi hi :jap:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

thank you for precious tip in public sar, .....the next time me clean your rooom,  me look and fumble in you dirty clothes for sure...hi hi hi :jap:

Whatever floats your boat, sar! You might be disappointed... :)   

23 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Did they steal the shirt off his back as well? German money safe jewellery gone oh no.  

I am sure the Thai press, not known for respecting people's privacy, asked him if they are allowed to take his picture half-naked

5 hours ago, thairookie said:

The thief carried the safe back, so there must have been 2 thieves at the very least, and they must have come in a motorbike.  The motorbike must have entered the condo precincts, because it would look extremely awkward for someone to carry a safe and walk out of the condo precincts.

So the motorbike entered the condo, parked at the condo and the thieves went around searching for an easy target on the ground floor.  There were many vacant units, and if the lights were off you would hardly know which would be the one with the hidden treasure.  The thieves managed to find the "jackpot" unit among so many units.  I'm very sure it's inside job.

The Building Manager needs to be interrogated as he could be complicit to the crime.  Both the Building Manager and Juristic Manager should be hauled up to the court for criminal negligence for extremely lax security that encouraged crimes.

Did anyone notice that there was NO CCTV footage ?  So it's not just the guards were sleeping.  They knew there would be no CCTV footage of anything - motorbike entered and left the condo - post event for any investigation to bear fruit.

Weh hey Columbo

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Weh hey Columbo

You know the standard Thai news format.  A CCTV footage will be shown with the caption that police are looking for the characters in the footage.

In this case, nothing whatsoever.  It simply means there is no CCTV to begin with, or if there is one, it's not working because developer who controls the juristic controls the finances.  Why else would new purchases need to pay 2 years' worth of common facilities fees upfront?  It's to get the co-owners to pay for the developer's share of common facilities fees.

If the juristic office is unable to produce the CCTV footage even though there is CCTV installed, it means the CCTV system has not been serviced for years.  The management committee, together with the juristic manager, will have to be sued for criminal negligence at the very least. 

What kind of condo allows the thieves to ride into their compound and remove a safe?  If they had driven a pick-up, they might have had removed washing machines and refrigerators.

The co-owners, if they are worth their salt, should call for a EGM immediately and remove the juristic manager and building manager if it's confirmed there is no CCTV footage because CCTV is not working.  What's going to happen next in the same condo ?  Foreign lady tenants raped in her unit by burglars but no CCTV footage?

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

with sliding doors you just rattle them a bit, the lock is a pointless device :)

Before you even come to the point of sliding doors and how to break open the sliding doors, you need to get past the security guard posts as well as security guards prowling the compounds. 

The standard condo security system will have at least one guard looking at all the security camera and monitors.

If thieves can "drive" into the condo without a key card or other electronic gadgets, it means the security is non-existent or it's the security guards themselves pilfering off the owners.  And with no CCTV footage to trace the the culprits, it's very much an inside job.

The news will be shared among thieves and I assure you this will not be the last burglary for that particular condo.  More to come if no action is taken by the management to beef up the security.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thairookie said:

The standard condo security system will have at least one guard looking at all the security camera and monitors.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

... more likely, the guard will be looking on his smartphone (or taking a nap , neuei maak).

And even if he would be looking on his security system... the standard installation is:

1 cam for the motorbike parking lot

1 cam at each lift area - who would be so crazy to take the stairs?

Most likely, emergency exit doors open -because: rorn maak maak- and no cams at those doors.

In case of a cam outside and one cam suddenly not working (after cutting the wire): mai bpen lai !

Edited by BernieOnTour

17 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

... more likely, the guard will be looking on his smartphone (or taking a nap , neuei maak).

And even if he would be looking on his security system... the standard installation is:

1 cam for the motorbike parking lot

1 cam at each lift area - who would be so crazy to take the stairs?

Most likely, emergency exit doors open -because: rorn maak maak- and no cams at those doors.

In case of a cam outside and one cam suddenly not working (after cutting the wire): mai bpen lai !

The police should interrogate the building manager.  It sounds so fishy.  The thieves seem to know the condo so well, in particular knowledge that CCTV is not working.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:30 AM, thairookie said:

The thief carried the safe back, so there must have been 2 thieves at the very least,

It looks like ( from the fixing hole positions) the normal hotel room safe size safe to me,  they sell them in Big C  weigh about 5 KGs, even if it was full of gold you could tuck it under your arm and walk nonchalantly away with it.  :shock1:

3 hours ago, johng said:

It looks like ( from the fixing hole positions) the normal hotel room safe size safe to me,  they sell them in Big C  weigh about 5 KGs, even if it was full of gold you could tuck it under your arm and walk nonchalantly away with it.  :shock1:

And it will look pretty weird from someone to be carrying a safe "out of the condo" precincts.  If you were the thief, you would surely want to avoid looking like a burglar.   If you were unlucky enough to catch the bump into the security while he was awake, you wouldn't want to run with a 5 kg box.

5 minutes ago, thairookie said:

it will look pretty weird from someone to be carrying a safe "out of the condo" precincts.

I would maybe wrap it in a towel and make like I'm off to the gym with my dum-bells.  :tongue:

On 5/12/2018 at 5:35 PM, johng said:

I would maybe wrap it in a towel and make like I'm off to the gym with my dum-bells.  :tongue:

If the security is non-existent, you need not have to be so discreet.  If the condo allows thieves to park their vehicles in the condo to facilitate burglary, you might as well help yourself to it.