Student commits hara-kiri in friends' kitchen - discovered at breakfast

webfact

Student commits hara-kiri in friends' kitchen - discovered at breakfast

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A fourth year engineering student is suspected of committing suicide by disemboweling himself in the kitchen of his friends in Rangsit, Bangkok.

Police called to a two story townhouse in Soi Bancha-uthit found 24 year old Ratchamongkhon Thanyaburi student Siripong lying in a pool of blood.

He had a knife still stuck in the left side of his neck, a chest wound and a gaping 7.5 centimeter gash in his abdomen. Next to his body was an iPad and a guitar.

He had been dead four to six hours.

Five people in the house had no idea what he had done. He was visiting friends at the house and the others had gone to bed at around midnight.

The body was discovered when one of the friends got up to make breakfast.

There was no sign of a struggle and police believe that he took his own life.

They said that he had dropped out of college after a romantic disappointment recently and was suffering from depression for which he was being treated at hospital.

Though the investigation is continuing initial statements from the others in the house seems consistent with what police believe that the victim killed himself and others were not involved.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-16

Is one word of this story really true? Harakiri? So, he is a thai man that thought he was a japanese guiter player that didn´t get enough to survive on the streets?

Or was he just a tired student that just lost his girlfriend and couldn´t cope with it like a man.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The hospital treatment didn't work then.why does everyone have to die violently in Thailand.i just want to not wake up one morning and die of natural causes not splattered under a truck,fallen 22 floors,eaten by a crocodile or stabbed 50 times by the wife.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Is one word of this story really true? Harakiri? So, he is a thai man that thought he was a japanese guiter player that didn´t get enough to survive on the streets?

Or was he just a tired student that just lost his girlfriend and couldn´t cope with it like a man.

CSI Thaivisa is already on the case. :coffee1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chippendale said:

CSI Thaivisa is already on the case. :coffee1:

Do you really call that something that has with the term CSI to do? Then you appearently do not know much about that.
What I wrote was just a stupid comment based upon stupid news and stupid behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

'Hara kiri'  He stabbed and slashed himself in the abdomen with a kitchen knife, no evidence at all that he was a Samurai  warrior, seeking an honourable death with his own sword.

Honourable death, Japanese style?

Not possible.

• Like 1

Depression is a serious condition whether some Thai visa members are empathetic or not. 

Major depression is a chemical imbalance that doesn't go away like a headache that you can take an aspirin for.  It's more like a migraine that there is no remedy for.

RIP

Edited by barefootbangkok
Correction
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, barefootbangkok said:

Depression is a serious condition whether some Thai visa members are empathetic or not. 

Major depression is a chemical imbalance that doesn't go away like a headache that you can take an aspirin for.  It's more like a migraine that there is no remedy for.

RIP

Yes, I agree, but what bothers me is that he had 3 wounds, and since the knife was still in his neck, that must have been the last. The pain caused by the wound in abdomen surely would have been enough (if it was a 'gaping' wound as the article says). Okay, twist the knife in the stomach and then maybe stab the knife in the chest to make sure. But what would be an awkward move while being doubled up from the other two wounds, a stab in the neck. Sorry, I don't buy it, as they say. I've seen corpses two Japanese style Seppuku (not in Thailand though) and neither had 3 wounds . A second wound to the neck in one and a heart wound in the other. A third wound (traditionally) is administered by an associate. But I suppose a depression driven act might be different. How sad and tragic. My condolences to the family and friends.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Do you really call that something that has with the term CSI to do? Then you appearently do not know much about that.
What I wrote was just a stupid comment based upon stupid news and stupid behaviour.

What's the problem? CSI simply means Crime Scene Investigation. You don't know for sure that CSI won't be needed just because the news story says it was suicide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

What's the problem? CSI simply means Crime Scene Investigation. You don't know for sure that CSI won't be needed just because the news story says it was suicide.

It was a quote from my earlier comment, and I just stated that one had nothing with CSI to do. I would suggest that you read the full story behind a commetn, before trying to comment it yourself. 

On 16/05/2018 at 2:30 AM, Jeremy50 said:

'Hara kiri'  He stabbed and slashed himself in the abdomen with a kitchen knife, no evidence at all that he was a Samurai  warrior, seeking an honourable death with his own sword.

Hara kiri literally.  means midriff cut. Seppuku is the term you are looking for. Whatever, poor man, there's not much worse than a broken heart.

perhaps he took his life because he wanted a "taylor" but could only afford a "yamaha"?

all kidding aside a broken heart and depression, suicide not uncommon. it takes a lot of guts to do do that japanese self emolation stuff.

11 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Yes, I agree, but what bothers me is that he had 3 wounds, and since the knife was still in his neck, that must have been the last. The pain caused by the wound in abdomen surely would have been enough (if it was a 'gaping' wound as the article says). Okay, twist the knife in the stomach and then maybe stab the knife in the chest to make sure. But what would be an awkward move while being doubled up from the other two wounds, a stab in the neck. Sorry, I don't buy it, as they say. I've seen corpses two Japanese style Seppuku (not in Thailand though) and neither had 3 wounds . A second wound to the neck in one and a heart wound in the other. A third wound (traditionally) is administered by an associate. But I suppose a depression driven act might be different. How sad and tragic. My condolences to the family and friends.  

I think you right I not think this is suicide 

But RIP your man 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 1:51 AM, happy chappie said:

The hospital treatment didn't work then.why does everyone have to die violently in Thailand.i just want to not wake up one morning and die of natural causes not splattered under a truck,fallen 22 floors,eaten by a crocodile or stabbed 50 times by the wife.

And it would seem so simple, since they sell paracetamol in 1kg jars in Thailand.

• Haha 1