Ambulance trapped again! When are the government, police, courts - someone - going to do something!

Thais are the surperior race. Their undisturbed driving ultra slow in the right lane is far more important than anything. Farang should get down on their knees and kiss this guys feet. Stupid farang...

These so called thais that ate complaining arent real thais in the cultural sense.

(Being sarchastic)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

All true but, the car drivers shouldn't really be hogging the right hand lane in the first place.

It's the ' I have a big fast car so I must drive it in the fast lane ' attitude.

Another possibility is s/he was going to make a U turn sometime in the future.... could be 10K away but..... hey... stay in that lane.... RIGHT?

21 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But then why can't the <deleted> driving the car inconvenience him/her self slightly by indicating and then turning the wheel slightly and moving to the left hand lane? Rather than hogging the fast lane and blocking an emergency vehicle.

Not nice for the ill and crew in the back if the driver has to weave the ambulance all over the road because inconsiderate w ankers think they're too important, too lazy or too busy on the phone to move.

No argument from me, my comment was that the ambulance driver was being as pig headed as the car driver, if the lane wasn't clear all he had to do was change lanes - problem solved, end of story, and no big beat-up about it in the "news" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 20 said:

This those doesnt seems to be a money making crime...so neither government nor the police is doing anything to stop it...

I assume that's money making for the BIB ?

3 minutes ago, peperobi said:

Why does the ambulance not use the sirene? Why do they not use the other two empty lanes? Educate the ambulance driver how to drive during emergencies. 

No, Just fire him,  and hire someone who can think and drive at the same time. :jap:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

Bull sh1t, there was plenty of room and it appears not too much traffic to allow the ambulance driver to slowly and easily change lanes to the left and pass the car. 

Two wrongs don't make a right - unless you're a selfish, egotistical pratt!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They are as fed up with the do-nothing authorities as much as the irresponsible drivers hindering the ambulances.

The two go together. If the police, who can clearly see the registration number of the offending vehicles, arrested the drivers then there wouldn't be irresponsible drivers. But asking the police to do their job is like trying to catch grains of sand with a fork. Utterly futile. They get paid whether they work or not.

Bull sh1t, there was plenty of room and it appears not too much traffic to allow the ambulance driver to slowly and easily change lanes to the left and pass the car. 

You should only be overtaking on the inside, if you just have seen some of the news regarding accidents lately, then you would have seen that it's many times because of people being stupid and overtaking on the left (outside) that the accidents happens. If you take a drivers class, then then at least where I come from you will be taught to stay in the outer lane while you do your normal driving and change to the inner lane when you are overtaking (regardless if you drive on the right or the left side of the road, and if there are 2 or 5 lanes). So this ambulance driver have an education how to drive safely... which sadly many Thais (and apparently foreigners too) are missing!

14 hours ago, Get Real said:

Answer: NEVER! (Why do they always have to make it so simple)

Yep...

I knew I didn't even need to read the full article, I already knew what it would be.

Just scrolled down for a familiar face and RESULT :cheesy:

BTW, you beat me to it :clap2:

• Thanks 1

In Australia they have bull bars on the front of cars. Time they were fitted to ambulances here. Some big kick-ass driving lights and locomotive style air horns would be a bonus. If that doesn't work then it's the Mad Max alternative -- forward facing kick-ass remote control chain saws at trunk height

• Haha 1

but why should he have to? Seriously 20000 baht fine for the driver, theyve got the number, whats the problem?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kannot said:

but why should he have to? Seriously 20000 baht fine for the driver, theyve got the number, whats the problem?

No, he shouldn't to but he could have without any big girl squealing on the media. 

2 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

You should only be overtaking on the inside, if you just have seen some of the news regarding accidents lately, then you would have seen that it's many times because of people being stupid and overtaking on the left (outside) that the accidents happens. If you take a drivers class, then then at least where I come from you will be taught to stay in the outer lane while you do your normal driving and change to the inner lane when you are overtaking (regardless if you drive on the right or the left side of the road, and if there are 2 or 5 lanes). So this ambulance driver have an education how to drive safely... which sadly many Thais (and apparently foreigners too) are missing!

Of course your understanding of inside outside lanes could be a whole discussion on its own as the terminology has different interpretations in different countries ?

• Like 1

OK saw movie and dont understand why the ambulance guy didnt overtake in left lane. In emergency cases you use all space to pass. Ofcourse as safe as possible, while other traffic helps as much as possible to let them pass safely. And if not emergency then you'll drive like other traffic.

Dont use siren to "unnecessarily disturbing for the public and residents" ???  It is or not an emergency?

What has public to do with emergency? Just get out of the way of the ambulance!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

OK saw movie and dont understand why the ambulance guy didnt overtake in left lane. In emergency cases you use all space to pass. Ofcourse as safe as possible, while other traffic helps as much as possible to let them pass safely. And if not emergency then you'll drive like other traffic.

Dont use siren to "unnecessarily disturbing for the public and residents" ???  It is or not an emergency?

What has public to do with emergency? Just get out of the way of the ambulance!

Option

1. he is qualified for Trainbulance and doesn't know what the circle thingy in front of him is for

2. he desires his 10 minutes of internet hero admiration

Edited by WonderfulDay
  • Like 1

Why don't the police, the government, the courts act to end this state of affairs?"

Surely the same people should also be asking the same question as to why Thailand ranks   number one as the most dangerous place in the world to be on the roads?

Edited by midas

23 hours ago, stud858 said:

I vote for German engineers to take over infrastructure and offices by invitation .  Those guys are fast,  precise and efficient organisers that won't tolerate sub standard. 

Ok but just make sure they have good face protection gear, in case a thai taxi cheat kicks them on the face under some excuse !

On 5/17/2018 at 7:33 PM, snoop1130 said:

Ambulance trapped again! When are the government, police, courts - someone - going to do something!

I think, the five-letter word the author is looking for, starts with 'n' and ends in 'r'... :post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by StayinThailand2much

9 hours ago, kannot said:

The problem is the ambulance driver admitted he wasn't using his siren. It is an unofficial belief by Thai drivers that if the siren is not on, it is not an emergency. Again, this state of affairs has been created by careless ambulance drivers over the course of decades who always use their lights even when they are not on emergency calls, so many Thais now believe only the siren indicates an actual problem.

Combine that with an ambulance driver who didn't want to use his siren for some inexplicable reason, and you have a situation where the driver likely had no idea it was an emergency, and the ambulance driver was just being a jerk.

This is an education problem, and both sides are to blame, as well as the Royal Thai Police for allowing it to get to this point. Yes, there are drivers in Thailand who really don't think they need to move out of the way for an ambulance. They are the minority, but they are real. Then there are ambulance drivers who really don't understand they have responsibilities to their patient in an emergency, and this includes turning on the siren no matter if this might be annoying.  I suspect these drivers are also in the minority, but apparently, as this instance shows, they are real too.

Extensive education is the only solution. Ambulance drivers should be ticketed if they are ever found driving with only lights and not a siren. Drivers should be ticketed when they don't make way under these circumstances. These half way, is it or is it not an emergency situations should never be allowed to occur. Either both drivers are at fault or neither is at fault, depending on your perspective. But the solution is the same. Proper education and training. Fines don't work until you have made everyone aware of the expected behavior.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, essox essox said:

english definition of the WORD UNDERTAKE

British 

• Catch up with and pass (another vehicle) while travelling on the inside.

this is from the oxford english dictionary

You obviously missed the point where I said USA, where people speak improved English, not the anachronistic British kind.  :-)

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Monomial said:

You obviously missed the point where I said USA, where people speak improved English, not the anachronistic British kind.  :-)

Improved English, that's very debatable. 

13 hours ago, essox essox said:

english definition of the WORD UNDERTAKE

British 

• Catch up with and pass (another vehicle) while travelling on the inside.

this is from the oxford english dictionary

Inside / outside, undertake / overtake, very clear to me as a native speaker of real English, however as an Aussie I would normally say overtake on the left or right so as not to be confusing, especially addressing those who speak the hybrid version of English. 

14 hours ago, Artisi said:

No, he shouldn't to but he could have without any big girl squealing on the media. 

the "big  squealing" is there for a "very" obvious reason , and rightly so, it IS the only  way to change the nation of selfish buggers.