Cigars

Daryle

Can anyone recommend a good shop for buying them?

I have been to Whisgars on Suk 23 a few time, but I have a party to organise and would like to look around a top end shop and pick up a box!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

There's a LCDH (la casa del habano) in town but be prepared to pay muchos % import tax. 

Better to order from an international distributor and have them shipped in. 

Done it loads of times with only a few boxes getting stopped and small tax applied. Approx 1200 baht. 

There's a LCDH (la casa del habano) in town but be prepared to pay muchos % import tax. 

Done it loads of times with only a few boxes getting stopped and small tax applied. Approx 1200 baht. 
Thanks, JR Cigar is my fall back.

13 minutes ago, DDBKK said:

lets hypothetically suggest i want backwoods honey cigars,

what are the precise steps i would have to take to get my hands on them ?

www.tabaqueria.com  ships to LOS...but for something high end...www.absolutecigars.com...prices a little higher, but they guarntee shipment or your money back..if you get a slip, you can refuse and get a full refund..out of USA.

Cigars of Habanos in HKG. Order on Monday, sent by EMS and collect from your post office before the weekend. Usually no Customs problems with a Bangkok mailing address but ship to other regions in Thailand at your peril.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2018 at 11:02 PM, poanoi said:

lets hypothetically suggest i want backwoods honey cigars,

what are the precise steps i would have to take to get my hands on them ?

I buy my cigars from Famous-Smoke. I see that they also stock Backwoods Honey cigars. Their website currently shows Backwood Honey box of 27 for $34. The negative about purchasing from Famous Smoke is the high shipping cost, which generally doubles the cost of the cigars. So the all-in cost would be about $65 plus 1,000 baht duty payable at Thai Post. They send the tracking number so you can trace the status of the shipment which usually takes about 4 days and then you should receive a notice in the mail from Thai Post asking you to come to their designated branch to collect. Bring your passport to the Post Office and be prepared to pay about 1,000 baht duty to collect your cigars. (The post office is usually not the most convenient, eg, the closest Thai Post to me is Sukhumvit Soi 23 however, I have to visit Phrakanong Post Office to collect the cigars and pay duty).

52 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

I buy my cigars from Famous-Smoke. I see that they also stock Backwoods Honey cigars. Their website currently shows Backwood Honey box of 27 for $34. The negative about purchasing from Famous Smoke is the high shipping cost, which generally doubles the cost of the cigars. So the all-in cost would be about $65 plus 1,000 baht duty payable at Thai Post. They send the tracking number so you can trace the status of the shipment which usually takes about 4 days and then you should receive a notice in the mail from Thai Post asking you to come to their designated branch to collect. Bring your passport to the Post Office and be prepared to pay about 1,000 baht duty to collect your cigars. (The post office is usually not the most convenient, eg, the closest Thai Post to me is Sukhumvit Soi 23 however, I have to visit Phrakanong Post Office to collect the cigars and pay duty).

thanks man, that sounds terrific !

these cigars truly stands out,  sweeter than any cuban cigar i tried

4 minutes ago, muffy said:

I am allowed to bring a box of cigars in duty free when entering , so why do they charge you for having a box mailed to you ?

You are afforded the widely accepted privilege of being allocated a 'duty-free' allowance while traveling across borders. If you are not traveling across a border......

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are afforded the widely accepted privilege of being allocated a 'duty-free' allowance while traveling across borders. If you are not traveling across a border......

and if they are having a frequent bad hair day; it better be under 250 grams...

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update for those interested. Purchased through Cigar Bid and had them shipped to Thailand by MyUs. Paid 1200 VAT to UPS upon arrival. Easy and took around 7 days from the US to my door in Bkk.