tools combination box

free123

I think the problem with those boxes containing a selection of tools is only half of them you will ever need, and as you say they are not of great quality. I think a better option would be to make a list of what you think you need,  go to store like HomePro and select everything individually off their shelves with perhaps a toolbox thrown in as well. Then you can just add to your collection as when you need something else.

• Like 2

It is hard to find good quality tools even in the better stores such as HomePro, HomeWorks and similar. In Phuket we have a pro-level tool store Bangkok Tools, so would reckon should be such in BKK and others. As suggested by Dmaxdan the assortment of tools in a boxed set is unlikely to be the best choice because many in such will never be used. Look for good quality screwdriver set, pliers, Visegrips, wrench sets, socket drive sets. Also pocket-size electrical testing kit.

3 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

If your in BKK there is a bike shop inside the Mega shopping mall with an excellant range of tools including Snapon and Blue Point. Good quality but with the price tags to match.

thank you for your advices...back home I bought such a tool box and this endet my time fiddling with all kinds of old mostly bad quality stuff I had from before....and lets say 80 % of the tools includet I use regularly....also found it very easy cause each tool alocated a certain marked space in the box ...this also magically endet the endless searches all over the place for the right size screwdriver needed :-[ all others where near by ]...On Ali express I found interesting selections of good priced toolboxes BUT with all kinds of comments from people who bought them ranging from "phantastic" to " beware a total scam"...so I figured lets have a look locally cause its always better to look and touch the stuff before you buy it...well so far I was disapointed from what was available... maybe to buy piece by piece copying the tools I have in that box back home might be the way to go...