Stop entrapping and raiding sex workers: advocates

I know Thailand considers "face" important, but acknowledging reality and legalising prostitution here would make a lot of these issues go away. As the full article states there are hundreds of thousands employed in the sex industry, most of whom would benefit from working in an industry properly governed and regulated, and not having to live in fear of every policeman out there.
Prostitution while not strictly legal, is already regulated. Bars, gogos and massage parlours that follow the law as laid out in the Entertainment Places Act and the girls or boys who work in such places, are not breaking the law.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

considering prostitution is illegal in Thailand they really have no rights as they are breaking the law, these people need to get their facts straight, any female offering sex for money can be arrested, the fact they are saving under age/forced girls from doing it is even better

considering prostitution is illegal in Thailand they really have no rights as they are breaking the law, these people need to get their facts straight, any female offering sex for money can be arrested, the fact they are saving under age/forced girls from doing it is even better
As explained above, the provision of sexual services is regulated under the Entertainment Places Act so in cases like this, assuming the appropriate licence has been secured, none of the girls will have been prosecuted for selling sexual services.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It says weeks,not months,they need them for witnesses,I suspect if they released

them they would never be seen again.and the cases against the human traffickers

would be dropped.,would you condone that.

regards Worgeordie

No I wouldn't condone it.

How many witnesses do you need if the worker is underage?

Wouldn't her id be confirmation enough?

Edited by nahkit

On 6/1/2018 at 7:09 PM, worgeordie said:

Better to have 10 voluntary sex workers lives turned upside down,

than not find  one under age ,maybe trafficked child.

regards worgeordie

If it isn't obvious to them that the worker is a child, then she's not a "child". 17 year olds may be under an artificial limit that could be revised at any time, and are usually referred to as young women. You can be trafficked at any age. I suggest locking up every maid in Thailand until we sort out who, if any, are trafficked.