Video: Chinese tourist stealing from Nonthaburi temple donation box had interesting MO

webfact

Video: Chinese tourist stealing from Nonthaburi temple donation box had interesting MO

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Chinese tourist caught stealing from a temple in Nonthaburi had a novel way to steal, said the cops.

Woey, 33, placed a black bag on the donation box in the main chapel of Wat Sangkhathan in Bang Phai sub-district.

There was a slit in the bottom of the bag. Through the slit he lowered a piece of metal covered in two sided glue on both sides.

He was thus able to retrieve the notes placed in the box.

But a member of the public became suspicious after the length of time Woey spent at the box and the fact that he returned to it several times.

He was challenged and ran off but was soon apprehended by baton wielding security who called the Bang Sri Muang cops.

CCTV from various cameras caught the thieving and the citizen's arrest.

The police said they had not seen this method of stealing before and warned those organisations that have donation boxes of this sort to keep a close watch.

Woey was found in possession of 18 of the metal strips and 30,000 baht. He admitted to stealing from many places in Thailand after arriving on a tourist visa.

He has been jailed in Nonthaburi.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-04

2 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

There would be no end of the pain I would inflict on this low live Chinaman. Please, him and me and a small room.

Don't hold back and limit yourself only to the Chinaman. Perhaps it could be organised for those low life thieving monks to be handed over to you as well so you could inflict your brand of pain on the lot of them in your small room. After all, they are of same ilk; monastery thieves. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Don't hold back and limit yourself only to the Chinaman. Perhaps it could be organised for those low life thieving monks to be handed over to you as well so you could inflict your brand of pain on the lot of them in your small room. After all, they are of same ilk; monastery thieves. 

Just factor 1000 worse (amounts wise) those monks. I don't understand why people want to inflict pain on others for a theft, if it was a theft from a house or poor people i could understand. The monks are not poor IMHO. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nasa123 said:

Have written it before and do it again, this is quality tourists PM and Government wishes in Thailand.

Well, you wrote it wrong last time, and again this time; the government does not want tourists like him here.

6 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

There would be no end of the pain I would inflict on this low live Chinaman. Please, him and me and a small room.

Surely one of the day's more comical comment.  'I am pain', 'yes I'm sure you are'. 'There there, you have a nice lie down, someone will get you a nice cup of tea.'

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Agree, and much bigger pain on the thieving Thai monks who have stolen hundreds of millions of Baht, not just a handful of 20 Baht notes (which is not OK of course).

15 minutes ago, namatjira said:

It’s when the really serious Chinese criminals start arriving that will cause some problems, they would see Thailand as an easy mark...

there will be problems......

And of course there's no low-life tourists here from any other country.