Hi,

I have an extension of stay of 365 days (retirement visa), and T.M 30 stapled in my passport.

I am going abroad 15 days, I did my re-entry.

When I come back to Thailand, do I have to go to Jomtien immigration to fill a new T.M 30 to notify my address again (I am always at the same address).

Thanks

There are mixed reports for Jomtien. Some saying a new TM30 is needed after returning to the country and others that if you are on extensions of stay it is not required unless you change addresses.

• Like 2

I was told politeky in J. on 2 occasions. No need come back if Retirement Extension and not change address. First time they renewed the paper anyway. Second time not renewed. I travel frequently. Just did my 90 days today and the first time the friendly officer looked at the TM30 stapled in. MS>

• Like 1

I  have lived in Pattaya,  in the same house for 4 years, I  am on a extension of stay based on retirement,  I have been out of Thailand many times,  and have never got or been asked for a TM30,  I don't even know if my landlord filled one in when I became a Tennant. I  just use my Thai  driving licence as proof of address, and never had a problem at Jomtien immigration,  I  suppose ignorance is bliss ?

5 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

make you feel like the true guests some people think we are 

Rather than the fully entitled citizens with no obligations or accountability that some people think they are.

If you were a house guest and left for some time, would you really not bother to inform your host that you were back?

Edited by Suradit69
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, buffallobill said:

I  have lived in Pattaya,  in the same house for 4 years, I  am on a extension of stay based on retirement,  I have been out of Thailand many times,  and have never got or been asked for a TM30,  I don't even know if my landlord filled one in when I became a Tennant. I  just use my Thai  driving licence as proof of address, and never had a problem at Jomtien immigration,  I  suppose ignorance is bliss ?

The key pieces which make your experience possible are "extension of stay based on retirement" and "Jomtien immigration."  A different type of extension at that office, or any type at a different office, could result in a very different experience.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

If you were a house guest and left for some time, would you really not bother to inform your host that you were back?

They know that the moment you return through immigration.

The TM30 is the equivalent of wanting to know which room you're in......at any given time.

Which is what one would expect from a Chinese derived concept of maintaining "social order and harmony".

Edited by Enoon

The recent advice (April) was no. I went to Jomtien after 8 days outside Thailand and was told No. You are on Retirement Extension of Stay. You only have to do 90 day report. I subsequenty renewed my extension of stay (May) with no issues.

2 hours ago, buffallobill said:

I live in Chiang Mai under the exact same circumstances. 

Three 90 day reports ago I was asked for a TM 30 by the woman checking papers. Didn’t have one and she gave me a frowning face but processed the report. Went home and downloaded a copy and had the landlord fill it out for the next report. Next 90 day another woman said “you only need this if you change address”. Following 90 day report was processed without TM 30. 

Went in in to renew my retirement Visa and a TM 30 was required. Was sent upstairs where I was given a Receipt of Notification (I believe she reviewed the records online and I’ve had the same address for over 3 years). 

After the Visa was approved I asked the fellow when a TM 30 is required. He said every time you enter the country. 

Got there at 6:00 am and was out by 6:00 pm along with 2 young Chinese students.

Just to be safe you should have a landing card, 90 day report and TM 30 stapled in your passport. I know a couple who exit the country more than six times a year who do. Mind you, they have an agent doing it all.

This may be the crux of the problem.Creating business for the agents and kick backs.

• Like 1

There does seem to be some kind of tightening up on the TM30. Haven't done anything about them for 9 years. Chiang Mai. When I went to my visa agent today to tell them I was leaving Thailand for 3 weeks, they said I should make sure a copy of the TM30 is in my passport after I come back.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

There are mixed reports for Jomtien. Some saying a new TM30 is needed after returning to the country and others that if you are on extensions of stay it is not required unless you change addresses.

I was told by the very pretty IO that I already had the form stapled into my passport - I explained I left country for a month, then came back  -  she smiled very nicely said 'not necessary'  but 'Thank You for following the Law'.  she made me a new form.  ?

On 6/8/2018 at 1:49 PM, moonseeker said:

I was told politeky in J. on 2 occasions. No need come back if Retirement Extension and not change address. 

My wife asked the question at Sri Ratcha and was told the same.