What’s the Processes After Non-B?

Yesterday for the first time I get my Non-B(teaching). So as I said first time. I have some questions;

1)Can I open bank account with Non-B or need work permit?

2)How long does it take for get teaching license?

3)After all done(get teaching license+work permit) am I have go every 90 days my province immigration? If yes why? What should I do?

4)What’s the requirements for teaching license?

Thank you!

1. It depends upon the bank you try to open an bank account at.

2/4. Not sure. That question is best asked on the Teaching in Thailand Forum .

3. After you get the work permit you will then need to apply for a extension of stay at immigration near the end of the 90 day entry you have now for the non-b visa.

After you have the extension you will need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country if you stay that long.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

3. After you get the work permit you will then need to apply for a extension of stay at immigration near the end of the 90 day entry you have now for the non-b visa.

After you have the extension you will need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country if you stay that long.

So am I correct? After I have extension of stay, still have to go immigration every 90 days? Do at immigration what? Interview?

Also how long my visa will be after visa extension? I have 9 months contract with school?

You can do the 90 day report in person, online or by mail. For the first report you will submit a completed TM47 form (TM47 Form Fillable.pdf) and get a receipt for it. After the first report at most immigration offices you will only need the receipt for your previous report to do it. No interview.

Your extension of stay (it is not a visa) may only be valid until your contract ends if not it will be for one year. It can depend upon the office you apply at.

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1, Kassikorn will accept

2, If you go to Kurusapa personally Address:

General Contact
Mailing Address :
Secretariat Office of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand
128/1 Nakhon-Ratchasima Road,
Dusit Sub-District, Dusit District
Bangkok 10300

Teaching License
Registration and Licensing Bureau
Phone: +66(0) 2280 1728
Fax: +66(0) 2280 1728
Email: [email protected]

it is relatively short -prompt or 1-2 weeks max.

If you send by mail it can be whatever, but in both cases, you can work in the meantime.

You need a Bachelor of Education degree or a teaching license  from your home country to get a teaching license in Thailand. If you have a degree in a different field you will get a teaching waiver.

51 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

You need a Bachelor of Education degree or a teaching license  from your home country to get a teaching license in Thailand. If you have a degree in a different field you will get a teaching waiver.

What does it mean actually teaching waiver? what's the difference between teaching license and teaching waiver?

R they want to see original bachelor's degree or copy enough for teaching license?

17 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

What does it mean actually teaching waiver? what's the difference between teaching license and teaching waiver?

The waiver is given if you do not qualify for a teaching license.

42 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

R they want to see original bachelor's degree or copy enough for teaching license?

You can't get the teaching license unless you are licensed in your home country or have a Bachelor of Education degree. You are issued a waiver instead which is good for 2 years or change schools.

You will end up showing your original degree at some point.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Practically Kurusapa asks if you have BA degree or not. Waiver or permission covers the same permissions. The running time is also the same. Kurusapa is not in a position to decide if your grade is good enough to teach you English or not. That is TOEIC, even if it is one of the clumsiest ways to check someone's English knowledge. Surely no one will check you if you are able to teach or not. 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

So if I get teaching waiver, can I apply work permit or teaching license? Or if I get teaching waiver there is no way to apply work permit or teaching license? 

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A inflammatory post commenting about grammar has been removed.

I don't get it really. Why people like that. I'm not come from USA or any other native speaker country or I didn't say my English perfect etc. I already teaching to anuban which one is kindergarten . Use simple english. I feel like my English level enough for them. Already I took 750 points from TOEIC.

3 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

You can't get the teaching license unless you are licensed in your home country or have a Bachelor of Education degree. You are issued a waiver instead which is good for 2 years or change schools.

You will end up showing your original degree at some point.

"You are issued a waiver instead which is good for 2 years or change schools. " What do you mean about this? I'm sorry I don't get it.

Edited by sananeamk0715

2 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

So if I get teaching waiver, can i apply work permit or teaching license? Or if I get teaching waiver there is no way to apply work permit or teaching license?

I don't get it really. Why people like that. I'm not come from USA or any other native speaker country or I didn't say my English perfect etc.. I already teaching to anuban which one is kindergarden. Use simple english. I feel like my English level enough for them. Already I took 750 points from TOEIC.

"You are issued a waiver instead which is good for 2 years or change schools. " What do you mean about this? I'm sorry I don't get it.

It's simple.

You use a teaching license  OR a teaching waiver as part of your work permit application.

You can ONLY get a teaching license if you have a Bachelor of Education degree or a teaching license from your home country.

You get a teaching waiver (it waives the need for a teacher license) if you do not have BEd degree.

A waiver is good for 2 years if you stay at the same school.

Hope this is clearer.

3 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

So if I get teaching waiver, can i apply work permit or teaching license? Or if I get teaching waiver there is no way to apply work permit or teaching license?

You can apply for the work permit after getting the waiver of the license.

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

It's simple.

You use a teaching license  OR a teaching waiver as part of your work permit application.

You can ONLY get a teaching license if you have a Bachelor of Education degree or a teaching license from your home country.

You get a teaching waiver (it waives the need for a teacher license) if you do not have BEd degree.

A waiver is good for 2 years if you stay at the same school.

Hope this is clearer.

So if I apply Teaching Waiver from The Teacher's Council of Thailand and say them I'll teach in same school for 2 years then they'll give to me Teaching Waiver after that I can apply work permit. Am I right? 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the work permit after getting the waiver of the license.

Thank you so much for everything. U helped me a lot since I join this form. If u don't mind do u have any idea for what's the requirements for teaching waiver?

Just now, sananeamk0715 said:

So if I apply Teaching Waiver from The Teacher's Council of Thailand and say them I'll teach in same school for 2 years then they'll give to me Teaching Waiver after that I can apply work permit. Am I right? 

Yes and school should be getting this paperwork for you.

They normally apply on your behalf because most of the paperwork they send is directly from the school not you.

The school will need a copy of your diploma at that time.

2 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Yes and school should be getting this paperwork for you.

They normally apply on your behalf because most of the paperwork they send is directly from the school not you.

The school will need a copy of your diploma at that time.

If u don't mind do u have any idea for what's the requirements for teaching waiver? About diploma what diploma? Because as u said if i dont have bachelor's degree I can apply teaching waiver?

57 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

If u don't mind do u have any idea for what's the requirements for teaching waiver? About diploma what diploma? Because as u said if i dont have bachelor's degree I can apply teaching waiver?

Sorry I should have said Degree. You need a degree to get waiver and work permit.

the school should be doing all of this for you.

I have never heard of a school not doing this for the teacher.

19 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Sorry I should have said Degree. You need a degree to get waiver and work permit.

the school should be doing all of this for you.

I have never heard of a school not doing this for the teacher.

So whats the different between teaching license and waiver? Haha

The school should be doing it for you. All of it. If you are trying to do all the paperwork on your own, I doubt you'll succeed. It's a complicated process involving visits to many agencies including the dreaded and hostile Krusapar. Good luck.   Can I politely suggest you read some English Literature to try to improve your grammar. 

47 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

The school should be doing it for you. All of it. If you are trying to do all the paperwork on your own, I doubt you'll succeed. It's a complicated process involving visits to many agencies including the dreaded and hostile Krusapar. Good luck.   Can I politely suggest you read some English Literature to try to improve your grammar. 

Yes my agency told me that same as urs. On processes now but I'm kinda worry because it's my first time to get work permit etc.

Yes thank you! I'd like to try. Many people judge me here. I don't get it. I'm not a native speaker also I never say that my english perfect etc.