renewing motorbike tax in Pattaya

andre47

Or on South Pattaya Rd. going towards Sukhumvit on the left 2/3 up there is a small Soi well signed out that leads to a checkup station for bikes.... Done in minutes... Very friendly.. There is an official sign pointing to the left into a tiny road. MS>

15 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Or on South Pattaya Rd. going towards Sukhumvit on the left 2/3 up there is a small Soi well signed out that leads to a checkup station for bikes.... Done in minutes... Very friendly.. There is an official sign pointing to the left into a tiny road. MS>

They can arrange the tax payment for you, but you have to pay them and you have to wait and go there again.  If you go to Central you can do it yourself for free. Just pay 100 Baht tax.

Any of the Car/Motorbike testing stations dotted around Pattaya offer the Tax renewal service for a small fee. Normally you leave your Reg. book one day and pickup after 4pm the next day. They can also issue Compulsory Government insurance.

The South Pattaya Big C, second floor service is ONLY available on a Saturday from 9am – 1500 hrs. It’s either done there and then or come back in ½ hour. Excellent service it’s only a pity they don’t do it every day.

There is no extra service Fee

You must have the Government insurance and the Testing certificate if it’s an older vehicle.

You can do the renewal ahead of time; you don’t have to wait until it’s expired.

Remind the Insurance agent to start your new insurance to run concurrent with the old one.

42 minutes ago, Siam Bruce said:

The South Pattaya Big C, second floor service is ONLY available on a Saturday from 9am – 1500 hrs.

Please note that they have changed their location.

Now: Central Festival Beach road - Ground Floor opposite AIS - start at 11:00 AM

The last 3 bikes I have owned I have renewed the tax and the insurance at the shop where I bought the bike, takes a bit longer up to a week, they even send me a text message to my mobile phone to say when it is ready to pick up.

For older bikes, over 5 years you will have to go testing station, to have the frame and engine numbers stenciled, to check that they are still the originals and coincide with the log book.  

• 4 months later...

Not sure if it's still the case but you used to be able to renew the tax at Big C on Sukhumvit. Only for newish bikes that don't need the local equivalent of an MoT though, so under five years old I think. Older than that and you'll need to take it to a testing centre and you might as well pay them to get the tax sorted out for you as well.

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Not sure if it's still the case but you used to be able to renew the tax at Big C on Sukhumvit. Only for newish bikes that don't need the local equivalent of an MoT though, so under five years old I think. Older than that and you'll need to take it to a testing centre and you might as well pay them to get the tax sorted out for you as well.

No, they moved to Central Festival half year ago. They are not in Big C any longer.

Before you pay the tax you have to buy an insurance and for bikes older than 5 years you need the checkup. The testing center can sell you the tax sticker, but they will take your green book and you have to go there again a few days later to take the green book back. After the checkup you can drive to Central festival and do it yourself as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kim J said:

The testing centre on South Rd or any others that are dotted around the area are a necessity on older vehicles. To me they are very efficient and convenient. It generally only takes them a few minutes to do the inspection, leave your book with them and make the appropriate payments (around 700bt for a motorbike) Then just go back next day after 4.00pm, or within 7 days to collect your log book with new entry, along with your renewed tax and insurance certificates. All very efficient. I used to go to the main centre out near Phoenix school but found the queuing and waits could be a pain.

I think that will be Regent School :smile:

50 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I think that will be Regent School :smile:

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

The testing centre on South Rd or any others that are dotted around the area are a necessity on older vehicles. To me they are very efficient and convenient. It generally only takes them a few minutes to do the inspection, leave your book with them and make the appropriate payments (around 700bt for a motorbike) Then just go back next day after 4.00pm, or within 7 days to collect your log book with new entry, along with your renewed tax and insurance certificates. All very efficient. I used to go to the main centre out near Phoenix school but found the queuing and waits could be a pain.

No need to go to the DLT near Phoenix School as I stated already before.

You just can do it every Saturday in Central Festival yourself. No waiting!

3 hours ago, Kim J said:

but found the queuing and waits could be a pain.

Agreed I have experienced that in the past both for testing and buying the tax. If testing is required I also go to a local centre first.

However I have been more than a couple of times this year to renew the tax/insurance for bikes and car including this morning. Once I had bought the insurance and collected a queue number there were only 3 numbers in front of me so it was very quick. 

I was a bit concerned as I would not normally go on a Monday and when I arrived (about 11) the place was packed with parked vehicles. I can only presume they were from people applying for licences as the downstairs seating are was less than half full. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:44 AM, steve187 said:

does a bike need a test on its 5th birthday, would it still be required when taxing 2 months early before its 5th birthday

I would imagine yes as you are taxing it for a period beyond 5 years. I had to have my car tested last year when it was approaching 7 years old but bought the tax before the "birthday".

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 10:44 AM, steve187 said:

does a bike need a test on its 5th birthday, would it still be required when taxing 2 months early before its 5th birthday

Not sure whether I get you right, but:

you can not tax a bike for the next year (after 5) without having done the test (having test report).

DLT won't accept and update book without the test report.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1