U.S. forces, British divers join search for boys missing in Thai cave

webfact

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

I'm just remembering past experiences. 

Sometimes they are so busy looking in the hard places, they forget about the simple things. 

Be awful if they were very near and missed them. 

Whatever you do with the rest of your years please never join the Samaritans. 

2 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Sometimes they are so busy looking in the hard places, they forget about the simple things. 

Well nobody knows but remember the water has strong currents so if they were in the water they would obviously be moved by the water somewhere else. 

15 minutes ago, greenchair said:

It was late when they went there. Right after practice. Almost like a spur of the moment thing. 

What time did they go in there ?

Morning football practice ? Over by 11, in the cave by mid day ?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What time did they go in there ?

Morning football practice ? Over by 11, in the cave by mid day ?

No, I vaguely remember they went after 12.30.

The bikes bags and footy shoes were left outside so it sounds like a short trip. 

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well nobody knows but remember the water has strong currents so if they were in the water they would obviously be moved by the water somewhere else. 

Wouldn't they get blocked. I mean there are 13 of them. It's just weird that they can't find 13 people. 

On 6/28/2018 at 5:07 PM, Enoon said:

Difficult to believe that, for some at least, hypothermia has not already made this a matter of "retrieval".

Not necessarily, the temperature can be higher than 23C. ....... 

I wonder how far could the rescue teams go in the cave and how can you coordinate the works of the different rescue teams. Hope the best.

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

Wouldn't they get blocked. I mean there are 13 of them. It's just weird that they can't find 13 people. 

Same worries. No life signals or traps. Is there any possibility of a new, not-known cave in the system?

16 hours ago, greenchair said:

I just don't think they went that far. They were wearing flipflops. 

And don't all Thai kids and half the population  were flip flops-- everywhere? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Whatever you do with the rest of your years please never join the Samaritans. 

If in doubt, slag them off? It's a good point he was making. One of very few helpful suggestions in these threads.

15 hours ago, greenchair said:

It must be time to think maybe they've been heading in the wrong direction. Maybe Vern has the right idea - perhaps they turned right and not left...

4 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

If in doubt, slag them off? It's a good point he was making. One of very few helpful suggestions in these threads.

It must be time to think maybe they've been heading in the wrong direction. Maybe Vern has the right idea - perhaps they turned right and not left...

It’s best to work on the basis that if you’ve got nothing positive to add then to say nothing. If you had done that days ago then you wouldnt be looking like a complete chump now. 

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s best to work on the basis that if you’ve got nothing positive to add then to say nothing. If you had done that days ago then you wouldnt be looking like a complete chump now. 

'Complete chump'...Hmmm. Maybe. But then what I am is not to be found in the eyes of other people anyway, Can we get back on topic and off the slagging off train now? I appreciate you and your friends are hurting but off-topic comments are not the best way forward, especially while grousing that other folk aren't making a positive contribution to your ego.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Hmmm. Maybe. But then what I am is not to be found in the eyes of other people anyway, Can we get back on topic and off the slagging off train now? I appreciate you and your friends are hurting but off-topic comments are not the best way forward.

Back on topic, that's a joke from you, is it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Then Vern should have headed right.

4 minutes ago, pegman said:

Then Vern should have headed right.

As I read the news reports, he did, but over ground, looking for an access point as I recall, but I may have got that wrong, I'm not an expert.

9 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Not usually when going on a long walk. 

Well that might mean that it was going to be a short walk - and does it really matter.

Maybe your next investigation will be to analyse the shoe colours. 

5 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

As I read the news reports, he did, but over ground, looking for an access point as I recall, but I may have got that wrong, I'm not an expert.

Apparently the passage on the right entails a 3/4km crawl. Should have sent in the Lao team as they are likely the smallest. I visited my former girlfriend's rice commune home village in Savannakhet, Lao once. Heaviest guy there was maybe 110 lbs.

1 minute ago, pegman said:

Apparently the passage on the right entails a 3/4km crawl. Should have sent in the Lao team as they are likely the smallest. I visited my former girlfriend's rice commune home village in Savannakhet, Lao once. Heaviest guy there was maybe 110 lbs.

Right. At some stage I might want to talk to you about Laos, got it marked as a possible domicile when LOS explodes, as I think it will. Never been, should find out some stuff.

24 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Right. At some stage I might want to talk to you about Laos, got it marked as a possible domicile when LOS explodes, as I think it will. Never been, should find out some stuff.

The area I was in would be great if you want to live in the same era as the 1860's in an advanced country. Myself I have Siagon pegged.

22 hours ago, greenchair said:

I just don't think they went that far. They were wearing flipflops. 

According to news on the television last night , it was the birthday of one of the boys in the team. The coach had planned for the team to overnight in the cave and have a birthday party ( ? ).

Therefore , before going into the cave he had returned home for extra equipment. This included two small dome tents , a ground blanket / sheet of some kind, a first aid box , torches with spare batteries , food for the party and some other stuff.

This was reported by a fiend of the coach who had spoken to him before the trip.

Why people are coming forward with possibly useful information this late in the day I don't know.

Sounds unlikely to me but it was on the news.

• Thanks 1

Interesting.

There was a video of a Thai lady convenience store owner that was probably the last person to see them. She said they bought a lot of snacks and water so she asked why and they said they were going to the cave. But she said nothing about them saying it was for overnight.

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

According to news on the television last night , it was the birthday of one of the boys in the team. The coach had planned for the team to overnight in the cave and have a birthday party ( ? ).

Therefore , before going into the cave he had returned home for extra equipment. This included two small dome tents , a ground blanket / sheet of some kind, a first aid box , torches with spare batteries , food for the party and some other stuff.

This was reported by a fiend of the coach who had spoken to him before the trip.

Why people are coming forward with possibly useful information this late in the day I don't know.

Sounds unlikely to me but it was on the news.

Call me a cynic (I am). Call me a Thai-hater (I'm not). But more and more, this guy seems wrong to me. Nothing to do with the current situation, he just seems wrong to me.