3 days over tourist visa

G'day all, I'm gunna be 3 days over my 2 month single entry tourist visa, I don't really want to pay at airport, as this I think is not the best way, can I get a week's extension ? Or something similar , when do I apply,just before expiry, or 2-3 weeks before, I' m in Cnx, 

thankyou all for assistance , SS

You can’t get a “weeks extension”. You can apply for a 30 day extension from your local immigration office. It’s best to apply within the last week, but some offices will do it sooner. The 30 day extension starts on day 61 regardless of how early you apply.

Getting the 30-day extension of a tourist entry is very easy.

You need to fill out a TM7 form (there is a tillable PDF of this available at https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=436894). You also need one visa photo. At most immigration offices, you should have a copy of your passport data page, Thai entry stamp, and the TM6 form that is placed in your passport by immigration when you enter Thailand.

Where do you anticipate you will be staying when you apply for the extension? Will you likely be staying in a hotel?

Completed TM7 form.

Passport.

Copy of passport photo and information page.

Copy of TV.

Copy of entry stamp.

Copy of TM6 arrival/departure card.

The fee. 1,900 baht.

They may request some form of proof of address especially if different from that entered on your arrival card.

24 minutes ago, songhklasid said:

I will be at my place of residence in sankhaemphang, which I entered on the arrival form, I assume I can pick up a TM7 form at Cnx immigration 

thanking you,  SS

Yes you can.

What is the longest extension of stay (using this method) someone can apply for?  I noticed on the TM7 form, there is the question "I hereby request x amount of days". 

How many times can someone request an extension using this method?  (eg: cheaper to do an extension when needed as apposed to a visa run)

6 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

What is the longest extension of stay (using this method) someone can apply for?  I noticed on the TM7 form, there is the question "I hereby request x amount of days". 

How many times can someone request an extension using this method?  (eg: cheaper to do an extension when needed as apposed to a visa run)

The maximum is 365 days (1 year).

Visa exempt and TV entries max 30 day extension.

Married to Thai/Thai child max 60 day extension.

Married/Retirement extensions 365 days.

Those are the most common applications.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Married to Thai/Thai child max 60 day extension.

Note that if your on a Non Imm O ME issued based on Thai wife, or Thai child, you can extend each 90 day entry by 60 days.

You could therefore stay in Thailand for almost 15 months, only making 3 border crossings, before applying for a new Visa.

Edited by Tanoshi