How are people in Thailand expected to drive when car companies put irresponsible crap like this out

Dumper

How to sell stuff to Thai men?

In the absence of a functioning and effective advertising standards authority?

In an environment where defamation is considered more of a concern than daily carnage on the roads?

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

Always amazed at the message portrayed in car adds here, the guy drives like a rally driver, saves the village, rescues the old people, jumps the canyon or crosses the flooded river to deliver the milk to the kindergarten etc, all made possible because of his <insert brand here> pick up truck. It really does send the wrong message.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Are you sure that's Ford Corporation rather than Thailand dealers sponsoring the video?

How can you tell?

Makes no difference...ads like this should be banned and the sponsors dragged over the coals.

Ford Thailand has done this ad and I have seen much worse.

Isn't it the same (almost) everywhere?

A (macho) man and his mighty all conquering machine on empty roads.

As far from reality as can be.

Do you want to see reality TV?

A man, his nagging wife and brat in a endless monster jam in Bangkok?

BTW: how many car ads do show women on the drivers seat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like some people are missing their nanny states small print, fast talk voiceover,  "Professional drivers on a closed track. Please don't try this at home." or "Warning. Conducted under a controlled environment. Do not attempt to recreate."

And that was for a car insurance company.

Edited by NanLaew

That add is very tame compared to some of the ones I see on Thai TV ( and in the Cinema)

Cars ,trucks and motorbikes always zooming even on inner-city roads..the voice over 

( "handsome voice" actor used for all voice overs) extolling the power and speeeeeeeddd !!!!!

What should they Do.?... A Thai Reality Ford Add. A Ranger perhaps, overloaded so the rear springs plough the road up. Fifty Kids in the back off to School, the Ferang Proudly loading a Toasted Cheese Sandwich into the Turbo Charged Beast. Lighten up chaps its only add.

• Like 1

Jesus theres some weird snowflake nanny state lovers here.!! On second look  i see yuppie oiks using the road as a Racetrack Playground come Gymnasium, and 2 rather Garish all "look the same to me"Showboats overtaking for once not on a bend , and not over double centre lines. 

There was a Mazda ad on LOS TV, showed a bird in her new Mazda hatch doing her makeup in the rear view mirror and the built in gizmos stopped her from crashing into another ride, craaaaaaaaaaazy daft ad...?

• Like 1

Im still miffed as to where those prancin idiots fit in on the Hi Way..For years ive told my Kids dont play in the road its for workin folks n Emergency vehicles.Run in the Park. !. But i wast born into the Entitled Generation. So im old n wrong again.